Bourgeois Dreadnought vs Collings Dreadnought

tennisplayer

• Members

I don't think I've ever seen a Bourgeois or a Collings in real life.
:idk:

Seen a few Collings, a few Santa Cruz, one Gallagher and even a Mossman but AFAIK I've never even been in the same building with a Bourgeois. That said, I can't imagine how you could go wrong either way.

• Members

Seen a few Collings, a few Santa Cruz, one Gallagher and even a Mossman but AFAIK I've never even been in the same building with a Bourgeois. That said, I can't imagine how you could go wrong either way.

which is your favorite if it doesn't matter which brands?

• Members

I'm a Collings fan, I bought my D3H used from Mandolin Bros about 10 to 12 years ago. I played many guitars that day but the Collings is the one that I really fell for, there was a James Goodall there that was really sweet almost came home with that baby but the Collings won me out :)

• Members
I'm a Collings fan, I bought my D3H used from Mandolin Bros about 10 to 12 years ago. I played many guitars that day but the Collings is the one that I really fell for, there was a James Goodall there that was really sweet almost came home with that baby but the Collings won me out :)[/quote

Collings's D3 is an excellent choice IMO, the only problem is the $$$$$ :facepalm:

I wish I could able to own one. Do you still keep it till now?

• Members

Both are about equally nice, so it really comes down to the individual instrument.

That being said, I wouldn't want either, just 'cause I'm a mahogany jumbo guy...for what either would likely cost, I'd just get a custom-built jumbo, built to my specifications! :)

Yeah, I'm not much help on your question, am I, tennisplayer? :lol:

• Members

Ricky Skaggs has a Bourgeois and Stevie Coyle has a Collings.

Pantheon Guitars is just an hour south of here so......I'll take either.

I sat in on a Dana Bourgeois seminar. He knows how to tap on wood. Wow. That was an interesting hour. He had a strong opinion about bolted on necks. He likes 'em.

• Members

Both are about equally nice, so it really comes down to the individual instrument.

That being said, I wouldn't want either, just 'cause I'm a mahogany jumbo guy...for what either would likely cost, I'd just get a custom-built jumbo, built to my specifications!
:)

Yeah, I'm not much help on your question, am I, tennisplayer?
:lol:

NO, you have helped me a lot, I dont know how to thank you!!!!!!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry:

Archived