In your opinion, which amp is best, cost aside?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I voted for the Fender. I'll use an Acoustasonic every once in a while at GC and they always sound pretty good.

I'm not a big fan of Behrninger in general. I have a Behringer mixer and we use a pair at church, and none of the three is much to speak of. Most of the stuff Behringer sells is pretty inexpensive, and some of their gear (like their pseudo-Boss pedals) are just cheap knock-offs. IIRC, Fender amps are made in Mexico and Behringer amps are made in China. Not to knock Chinese manufacturing, but . . . Fender has my vote in this one.

• Members

I am definitely go with the Fender then. I have someone offering me a good deal, and it'll be cheaper than the Behringer anyway. They have trouble selling there Acoustasonic Junior because apparently everyone would rather have the Acoustasonic Junior DSP, and also the reverb doesn't work. Neither of those matter to me because I already have pedals for all the effects I use.

• Members

All I can add is don't limit your choices to these two. Go out and try a bunch of amps. Most guitars shops have several on display you can try out.

I've tried several amps at various stores. Roland and Fishman amps sound good, but are too expensive for me currently. Crate amps usually sound ok but have good prices. I've really liked all the Fender amps I've tried so far, but haven't been able to try an Acoustasonic Junior. Just those two amps in the poll where the only two with the watts and features I was looking for within my price range.

• Members

I have the Acoustasonic Junior DSP and it is a nice amp. I also have an Acoustic 30 that I got at GC for $150 and it is awesome for the money. I also use it to play my iPod through. Makes a nice party box. I'd highly reccomend it, but would go one size bigger because on the 30 whatever effects you have on the guitar also affect the mic. Not the case with the larger model.

• Members

I have the Acoustasonic Junior DSP and it is a nice amp. I also have an Acoustic 30 that I got at GC for $150 and it is awesome for the money. I also use it to play my iPod through. Makes a nice party box. I'd highly reccomend it, but would go one size bigger because on the 30 whatever effects you have on the guitar also affect the mic. Not the case with the larger model.

Any effects I'm going to have are pedals, so I won't have to worry about them being on the mic.

• Members

The one that doesn't say Behringer.

Here's the correct answer. In fact, when it comes down to a choice between ANY two pieces of audio gear, one of which says Behringer and the other says something else, the correct choice is ALWAYS "the one that doesn't say Behringer." ;)

• Members

Behringer looks to be a great deal on paper but I've read all kind of stuff on the Net about their quality not being up to snuff. I'd go Fender out of the two.

I'll dovetail franks comment here. I've used the Fender - that's what I would choose between the two.

• Members

Just wondering which was best out of these two. I will also be running a mic through whichever one I get, and any on-board effects can be disregarded as I have some pedals. Right know I'm leaning towards the Fender. Thanks.

I sooo want to get the "other one" the Fender Jazzmaster Ultra Light, and run the acoustic through that :idea:

• Members

I think this is the only completely one-sided poll I've ever seen.

Hmm . . . that is interesting, isn't it? What does that tell you about Behringer :rolleyes:?

Hud mentioned that Behringer amps (and Behringer anything, it seems) have lots of features and look like they'd be a good deal, but I think a lot of their success just has to do with good marketing. They seem to be a big fan of the whole "99 pre-programmed effects." That shows up on all of their bigger mixers and on a lot of their amps. The effects sound "meh" at best and unusable (or unnoticeable) at worst.

But if you're just getting started with the guitar and you see an amp that has 99 effects, and a tuner, and lots of cool knobs, and two speakers, and lots of watts for something insane like $200, there's a good chance you'll get swept off your feet by the thing.

• Members

Person flaked on the deal. I'm dissappointed. And now I have GAS for a Fender Acoustasonic.

Bummer! I'm sorry to hear the deal fell through . . . I hate it when stuff like that happens :mad:. It's Christmas and lots of people are selling their gear to pay for presents . . . maybe you'll get lucky and someone else will put an Acoustasonic up for sale :idk:.

• Members

Bummer! I'm sorry to hear the deal fell through . . . I hate it when stuff like that happens
:mad:
. It's Christmas and lots of people are selling their gear to pay for presents . . . maybe you'll get lucky and someone else will put an Acoustasonic up for sale
:idk:

Called him, and went over to pay him. I get there and he just sold it to someone else for less because he couldn't wait 5 minutes. I'm going to be slightly pissed for the rest of the night, but I'll forget about it by tomorrow.

• Members

Never played the 45-watt Behringer, but the 90-watt one is great.

Not a big fan of the Fender line of acoustic amps, though.

I'd look for a 60-watt Crate, though...best value in the acoustic amp world, and if a new one is out of your budget, look for a carefully maintained used one...good enough for Chet Atkins! :thu:

Archived