OT: where'd that bridge pin go?

kwakatak

• Members

You sound like me BEFORE I realized I was losing my mind. :lol:

I must follow through on every task until it's completed (one task at a time) or I forget where I left off and or lose parts and tools (or my wife moves them without telling me -:lol:).

Hang in there. :thu:

• Members

Sorry to hear about your missing pin, hyper kid, insomnia, etc. Hope things get better soon.

Yeah, that pre-clipping method seems to have some problems.

I did cut my D-String 5 times and it still was too short.

Feckit, next time I do it old style....

I just put new strings on my Ibanez and I tried using the Taylor method but each time the strings were too long. I had to trim the low E and A so they wouldn't wrap on top of themselves and the B must have well over half a dozen wraps. The tuners are Grover Rotomatics so they shouldn't be that far removed from what Taylor installs.

• Members

BTW, I'm mentally fried lately. We put my autistic kid on ADHD medication because he's so hyper but it actually made things much worse for about 21 hours straight. Even though he's in school now I haven't been able to let my guard down since so my normal insomnia is actually much worse and the big guy is still getting up well before the sun.

A work colleague was talking about this today, it seems they are dishing out amphetamines as a cure over here, he must be wrong, surely?

• Members

No, but I agree with you. The belief over here is that kids with ADHD are actually seeking mental stimulation because certain parts of their brains are understimulated. The idea is that you give them a stimulant in the hope that it goes to the part of the brain that's understimulated and even out the behavior.

That's not always true though - especially as it turns out with autistic kids who are simply "wired differently." In my son's case, it simply caused him to flip out and resist sleep, and lash out at everything wildly for almost a full day.

• Members

No, but I agree with you. The belief over here is that kids with ADHD are actually seeking mental stimulation because certain parts of their brains are understimulated. The idea is that you give them a stimulant in the hope that it goes to the part of the brain that's understimulated and even out the behavior. . . .

Not all ADHD medications are stimulants though. Our daughter is on Strattera, which is one non-stimulant option. Another is Intuniv, which is fairly new. Here's more information if anyone is interested: http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adhd-nonstimulant-drugs-therapy.

• Members

Still haven't found that bridge pin. Time to fill out the missing pin report.

BTW, why do I lament about this little pin? It goes back to last thanksgiving when boy 1 (age 4 at the time) acted like he had something stuck in his throat. After two days in the hospital we learned the hard way to keep tabs on little things around the house.

• Members

Still haven't found that bridge pin. Time to fill out the missing pin report.

BTW, why do I lament about this little pin? It goes back to last thanksgiving when boy 1 (age 4 at the time) acted like he had something stuck in his throat. After two days in the hospital we learned the hard way to keep tabs on little things around the house.

Did you sift through the ... emm ... you know, #2's???

• Members

No, my big guy isn't involved in this this time. It's my little guy. He's 3 and too smart for his own good. He likes to play with my guitars. Problem is that he thinks they're jungle gym equipment.

*leans Takamine against the couch and sits on it*

"Look daddy! It's like a slide!"

Me: :eek::mad::cop:

• Members

I am a slob. Pets and children, you need to take precautions. Being an old divorced man, I can do this kind of work on my coffee table. My dog is of a size where his tail can sweep the thing clean. Consequently, I have learned to keep two Mason jars on my table. Screws, pins, truss rod covers and various hardware go into one. I can cap it when I'm not actively working the project. Be extra careful not to put screws or hardware into the Mason jar with the moonshine in it. Recovery is difficult, nasty and time consuming. Kinda painful too. On the plus side, I have to say the brightwork polishes up real nice.

Archived