Found a solution to record acoustic sound: How did I do???

Misha

• Members

Well, as you know, I was looking at devices to record my acoustic guitars since I didn't had any with a pickup...

I think I found a solution today: I found a brand new L.R. Baggs pickup for 340$ CAD.

Actually, the guitar was also included! :)

There's even a P90 bundled with it!

I also got new strings and a stereo cable...

Here are the specs:

MODEL NAME
Crafter   SAT-QMMS
BODY STYLE
   Slim Arch Top body Design
   Spruce Arched Top
BACK
   Solid wood
SIDES
   Solid wood
BRACING
   Acoustic Sound Chamber
NECK
   Mahogany
WIDTH AT NUT
   1-11/16"
FRET BOARD
   Indian Rosewood
SCALE LENGTH
   25 1/2"
NO. OF FRETS
MACHINE HEADS
   Deluxe Chrome Tuners (18:1 Gear Ratio)
BRIDGE
   Indian Rosewood
HARDWARE
   Chrome
ELECTRONICS
   L.R.Baggs Designed SAT-Electronics
(1)     Kent Armstrong P-90 Type Humbucker
(2)     L.R.Baggs Element Pick-up
(3)     Magnetic Pick up: 1V+1T
Acoustic Pick up: 1V+1T
3Way Toggle S/W-EQ Blender at Center Position

FINISH
   Gloss
UNIQUE FEATURES
   Dovetail Neck Joint
Mother of pearl Crafter position marks
STRINGS
   Korean Strings
Gauges:.011, .014, .021, .028, .038, .049

Maybe yoyu want pics???

014-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

What do you think???

(Now I can record with my soundcard!)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank's!!

I tried it with a Fender tube amp first (Fender Deluxe, I think...) it sounded good but I asked if I could try it with an acoustic amp. We went to the acoustic department and I plugged the Crafter into an SR Jam 150 amp: Wow!!! It sounded great!!! I told the guy it was sold! :)

• Members

Yeah Totamus! I'm pretty sure I've seen them for much more than I paid. No case included, though, but it is still a great deal! Maybe for 600$, a hard shell case is included...

The store won't carry the brand anymore. Also, they did some major makeover during the summer.They told me they had a few left in the backstore and decided to put them on clearance!

The guitar was in the electric department and seemed lost among the electrics! I knew what it was, but when I saw the price tag, I wasn't sure it had a piezo, anymore. I was glad to learn it was indeed what I initially thought it was!!

I just found out they gave me a set of .010 - .046. It doesn't matter too much. I'll keep the set for my Strat and buy new .011 - 0.49 tomorrow!

There is not a single scratch on the guitar! It's beautiful! :)

• Members

-Thank's TN. Frank!!

-TaylorMan9270: I've never tried a T5... I shall not: I don't want to have GAS!! ;)

The stereo cable allow me to split the signal: I can send the P90 in one amp and the piezzo in another amp. I can also get only the piezzo or only the P90. Each pickup has its own volume knob plus its own tone knob!

• Members

Misha, great looking guitar. I want one. I do gigs where play mostly acoustic but for leads and fills would be great to switch over and use that P90! I like the idea of splitting into 2 amps too. Great deal! Do they come in other colors?

Hi guildfire! There are other "SA" guitars in other colors. Link: http://www.crafterguitars.com/gallery_acoustic/sat_series.php#

• Members

You lucky girl! Those Crafter SATs are great guitars. I want one and I'm envious!

I'm afraid you can't have a goat because it's not a true acoustic but have some pretty chicks instead:

A5235DF78E666424EAEAB58DB84814.jpg

lol

Thank's for the little ones!! ;)

If you want one for cheap, try Ebay... If you are not afraid! I saw a few just like mine!

Archived