Found a solution to record acoustic sound: How did I do???

Misha

• Members

Congrats!!! I've been gassing for one of those really really bad. Please post a clip of the piezo side when you can.

I'll try to post something before the end of the week! (And I'll try to contain my GAS attack for a real acoustic amp, too! :facepalm:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good idea Garthman!

I know nothing about budget acoustic amps... I tried the Crafter with a SR Jam 150: http://www.sr-amps.com/jam150.html

I tried the SR several times but it's much too expensive for me! It sounds terrific, though!

The Marshall AS50D seems interesting. It's just so weird to see "Marshall" on an amp dedicated to acoustic guitars!?! http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-AS50D-50w-2x8-Acoustic-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481034

I hope I'll be able to get a nice used amp!

• Members

-Thank's Sangemon! Funny goat!

-sixgunner455: I'm sure the T5 is a nice instrument but... much too expensive for me. The guy at the shop told me: " Hey look at the new (3K) PRS guitars we received! You should try one!" I said: "No thank's, I don't need that kind of GAS!!" ;)

There is a used Marshall AS50D for sale in my area. I could probably get it for 250-275$ CAD. Brand new they are 370$ + taxes (13%)...

I don't want to buy anything too fast as I'm a newbie when it gets to acoustic amps!

• Members

There's a guy on GearSlutz (who also happens to live within driving distance from me) who makes small diaphram condenser mics. They're dirt cheap and GearSlutz and I are in love with them.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/395131-anyone-else-using-sahiamans-little-blondie-mic.html

They cost me $105 a piece and they're better than anything else I've tried that several times more expensive. I'm talking as good/better in some ways than mics that cost well over $500+ a piece. I have a clip in that thread posted under my username tayloway. People were over the moon about the clip.

• Members

There's a guy on GearSlutz (who also happens to live within driving distance from me) who makes small diaphram condenser mics. They're dirt cheap and GearSlutz and I are in love with them.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/395131-anyone-else-using-sahiamans-little-blondie-mic.html

They cost me $105 a piece and they're better than anything else I've tried that several times more expensive. I'm talking as good/better in some ways than mics that cost well over $500+ a piece. I have a clip in that thread posted under my username tayloway. People were over the moon about the clip.

Thank's! I'm interested!

I'll also post the link to my teacher!! :thu:

• Members

Wow PancakeBunny!

Your clips really sound good!!

(post 502 for pics of the microphones + post 503 and 505 for clips, more clips in the following pages of this thread: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/395131-anyone-else-using-sahiamans-little-blondie-mic-17.html )

What are the exact models of the mics? Metal casing? 105$ US each?

• Members

I've played both the T5 and the Crafter SA - the Crafter is just as good as the Taylor.

I'm satisfied with my guitar! I would feel pretty bad spending the $$$ for a T5...

I need to lower the action a bit though. The action gets to high when I move toward the neck. At the 12th fret, it's very hard to play. Do I just need to adjust the truss rod or do I need to lower the saddle?? (Where's the link to Freeman's tips in the Annex... I lost the link when my hard drive failed...)

• Members

I'm satisfied with my guitar! I would feel pretty bad spending the $$$ for a T5...

I need to lower the action a bit though. The action gets to high when I move toward the neck. At the 12th fret, it's very hard to play. Do I just need to adjust the truss rod or do I need to lower the saddle?? (Where's the link to Freeman's tips in the Annex... I lost the link when my hard drive failed...)

http://www.thekrashsite.com/annex/

Check the neck relief first. There should be a very small gap at the 7th fret when you fret the 6th string at the 1st and 15th fret. If the gap is bigger the trussrod will need tightening. (Are your new strings a heavier gauge than the originals? If so you might need to tighten - Crafter trussrods are very sensitive.)

If the neck relief is OK the saddle probably need adjusting.

• Members

Misha, that Marshall amp you're looking at is a nice sounding amp but priced too high. I found my Fishman Loudbox for under $300 used and I LOVE that amp. I really envy you on that Crafter... I've been gassing for one of those really badly! You got yours new for less than I've found them used. I hope I run across a deal like that soon!

• Members

Misha, that Marshall amp you're looking at is a nice sounding amp but priced too high. I found my Fishman Loudbox for under $300 used and I LOVE that amp. I really envy you on that Crafter... I've been gassing for one of those really badly! You got yours new for less than I've found them used. I hope I run across a deal like that soon!

I found the guitar at Archambault Musique in Monteal. I've been very lucky, I think! I hope you can find a great deal too!

About the amp, even at 275 (used) $ CAD, it's too expensive? It's 369$ brand new + taxes)

It has two 8'' speakers, a built-in DI box, Phantom Power, RCA Inputs,

Anti-feedback notch filter, FX loop, Line Out... I think I could use it with my Laptop in stereo...Which makes it very interesting for me!

Which loudbox do you have exactly?

• Members

I found the guitar at Archambault Musique in Monteal. I've been very lucky, I think! I hope you can find a great deal too!

About the amp, even at 275 (used) $ CAD, it's too expensive? It's 369$ brand new + taxes)

It has two 8'' speakers, a built-in DI box, Phantom Power, RCA Inputs,

Anti-feedback notch filter, FX loop, Line Out... I think I could use it with my Laptop in stereo...Which makes it very interesting for me!

Which loudbox do you have exactly?

I have the first generation. It doesn't have a lot of features but the sound and build are great quality. The Marshall really is a nice amp and that price really isn't too bad at all. I would still strongly suggest waiting 2 weeks and watching craigslist and local newpaper for deals before proceeding with the Marshall.

• Members

Here's one by me...

Hmmmm! 200$ would be a good price for me! Too bad I live so far (and in Canada)! The shipping would be too expensive!

I'm going to wait for a few weeks. I want to try 2 X 12AY7 in my Laney Cub 10 before! It comes stock with 2 X 6V6 + 2 X 12AX7. It doesn't sound bad right now but it's not really suited for acoustic guitars! I already have 2 tubes so I won't even need to buy some!

• Members

Wow PancakeBunny!

Your clips really sound good!!

(post 502 for pics of the microphones + post 503 and 505 for clips, more clips in the following pages of this thread:
)

What are the exact models of the mics? Metal casing? 105$ US each?

They're called Little Blondies. That's it.

Metal casing. Very nice and sturdy and TINY!

Archived