Banned....

Samilyn

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can we get this mod banned??? Well, only fired...

What good would it do? They'd just find another pissant to guard their little playground.

And, according to the RULES, defining what is or is not offensive is left at the discretion of the mods, as follows:

{{ [from the HC terms]You understand and agree that HC or its agents may review and delete any content, messages, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of HC or its agents violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members or in any way be deemed unsuitable by HC. }}

Technically, a mod is an "agent", and "sole judgment" means he's both judge and jury when it comes to things like this. :cry:

• Moderators

And, according to the RULES, defining what is or is not offensive is left at the discretion of the mods, as follows:

To a certain extent yes, however, there was- and is- a sticky thread right on top of GJ stating pretty much exactly what's ok and what isn't.

If you post a pic and the moderator of that forum says "you cannot post that; it's against the rules", is it really smart, mature, or polite to re-post the picture while taking a swipe at the moderator, who is just enforcing the rules laid out right at the top of the forum?

Furthermore, when the person in question gets banned for rufusing to follow the rules of the forum, is it smart, mature, or polite to go to that forum and repost the same damn picture?

Seriously, man, I think you'd find GJ nearly unanimously agrees Motorik is a resoundingly fair and diligent mod. There's no point in hassling somebody who is doing a thankless job, for free, and doing it well to boot.

Come, on, seriously, guys.

• Members
You understand and agree that HC or its agents may review and delete any content, messages, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that
in the sole judgment of HC or its agents
violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members or in any way be deemed unsuitable by HC. }}

Technically, a mod is an "agent", and "sole judgment" means he's both judge and jury when it comes to things like this.
:cry:

the sole judgment of HC and
its agents

Well, I see...

I guess we have to be more subtle than they are...

• Members

To a certain extent yes, however, there was- and is- a sticky thread
right on top of GJ
stating pretty much exactly what's ok and what isn't.

If you post a pic and the moderator of that forum says "you cannot post that; it's against the rules", is it really smart, mature, or polite to
re-post the picture while taking a swipe at the moderator
, who is just enforcing the rules laid out right at the top of the forum?

Furthermore, when the person in question gets banned for rufusing to follow the rules of the forum, is it smart, mature, or polite to go to that forum and
repost the same damn picture
?

Seriously, man, I think you'd find GJ nearly unanimously agrees Motorik is a resoundingly fair and diligent mod. There's no point in hassling somebody who is doing a thankless job, for free, and doing it well to boot.

Wait. What? That just made total sense. :o

• Members

To a certain extent yes, however, there was- and is- a sticky thread
right on top of GJ
stating pretty much exactly what's ok and what isn't.

If you post a pic and the moderator of that forum says "you cannot post that; it's against the rules", is it really smart, mature, or polite to
re-post the picture while taking a swipe at the moderator
, who is just enforcing the rules laid out right at the top of the forum?

Furthermore, when the person in question gets banned for rufusing to follow the rules of the forum, is it smart, mature, or polite to go to that forum and
repost the same damn picture
?

Then why has the mod not deleted the pic of Venus and banned the poster? Rather hypocritical, IMO.

And it's okay to let the little kiddies see a full-frontal nude of David? Hmmm.....Okayyyyyyyyy.

And if things are so decent-squeaky-clean at GJ, why is such abundant use of the F*** word allowed?

I also noticed a post about being at GJ while at work.... "would you want your boss to see...." . That's an interesting one. By GJ standards, it's okay to play on forums during company time as long as there are no boobies involved. What a concept.

Also extremely interesting is how when one becomes a mod at GJ, a thread is made to gloat over the new power.

So, back at ya...C'mon, seriously guys (and BTW, when you quote me, please don't call me a guy - I'm a girl, a red-blooded, All-American, boobie-equipped girl)

Un-ban our AG-ers (Garthman, PoppyTater, Totamus, Gull12) and the fellow called "Madhenry" and we'll rethink our position. Until then, the war is on.

• Members

Then why has the mod not deleted the pic of Venus and banned the poster? Rather hypocritical, IMO.

And it's okay to let the little kiddies see a full-frontal nude of David? Hmmm.....Okayyyyyyyyy.

And if things are so decent-squeaky-clean at GJ, why is such abundant use of the F*** word allowed?

I also noticed a post about being at GJ while at work.... "would you want your boss to see...." . That's an interesting one.
By GJ standards, it's okay to play on forums during company time as long as there are no boobies involved
. What a concept.

Also extremely interesting is how when one becomes a mod at GJ, a thread is made to gloat over the new power.

So, back at ya...C'mon, seriously guys (and BTW, when you quote me, please don't call me a guy - I'm a girl, a red-blooded, All-American, boobie-equipped girl)

Un-ban our AG-ers (Garthman, PoppyTater, Totamus, Gull12) and the fellow called "Madhenry" and we'll rethink our position. Until then, the war is on.

If it was up to me I would ban you just for making assumptions about what is or is not okay at Guitar Jam.

• Members

I also noticed a post about being at GJ while at work.... "would you want your boss to see...." . That's an interesting one. By GJ standards, it's okay to play on forums during company time as long as there are no boobies involved. What a concept.

Could'nt have said it better myself... :o Samilyn, tu es notre porte-parole attitr

• Members

Well, I post on GJ more than I do here. They may get wound up over boobs, but they have never had heated discussions about bridge pins. :o

I used to be a moderator on Banjo Hangout. It is a tough job. There are rules that have to be defined by each moderator, and many times moderators disagree on how the rules apply. I have always found Motorik to be fair and balanced in his moderation; but I can understand why people are upset.

As I enter this Christmas season having been out of work for 6 weeks, I find it hard to get too wound up over bannings and bridge pins. I do, however, get wound up over boobies, especially my wife's. :p

• Moderators

I don't see that you really have much of a position, unless you mean to say your position is that it's ok to go onto a forum and break its rules and tell the moderator he's no right to do his job. And that's a pretty lousy position.

My advice would be for the people that got banninated to make a sincere apology to Motorik for hassling him when he was simply doing what he is not paid to do. I don't really advise waging teh internets war because it's going to be very one sided affair, not to mention childish.

• Members

Um, it's a statue, not a color photograph of a person.
That seems like a perfectly reasonable judgement call.

Well, for one thing, it's not really HC's business to police what people do at work. For another, it's charitable to assume people are posting during a break or lunch, at which time you could still get in trouble- fired in fact- for looking at nude pictures.

Are you talking about the "red name" thread? Well, for one thing he's been a mod for years; it was some kind of function of the new site that changed the color, and for another, jeez, he was joking around. Everyone on GJ knows he's the furthest thing from some kind of aggro mod, that's why it's humorous. You didn't REALLY think he expected people to be afraid of the fact that his name was red, did you?

I don't see that you really
have
much of a position, unless you mean to say your position is that it's ok to go onto a forum and break its rules and tell the moderator he's no right to do his job. And that's a pretty lousy position.

My advice would be for the people that got banninated to make a sincere apology to Motorik for hassling him when he was simply doing what he is not paid to do. I don't really advise waging teh internets war because it's going to be very one sided affair, not to mention childish.

Venus is a full color painting which clearly shows a nippled breast.

My position, and of those banned, is that the album cover is also art, though obviously much more contemporary. It also shows nippled breasts. So it's apparent that *some* breasts are okay at GJ, but not others.

I guess I just fail to see the difference between a painted breast and the photographed ones on a well-known Hendrix album cover. Is a breast not a breast if it's rendered in oil or watercolor?

But really, this whole thing isn't about breasts at all, is it? It's about a member getting a bit snippy with a mod because of posting a mere album cover and a difference of opinion as to what is to be construed as art, so therefore permissible, and what is not art, so therefore a rule violation.

Given the posting of Venus in that thread, a painted breast is not a breast, and so does not violate the rules. Uh...forgive me...I'm having a real hard time figuring that one out.

And from what I can see in many other posts/threads, the mod doesn't consider the extensive use of the F*** word to be offensive, and therefore its use is not a violation of the rules. Yet in polite society, the F*** word is still widely considered to be extremely offensive.

Archived