Banned....

Samilyn

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that I shall keep myself on the Acoustic Guitar forum or at least stay away from the Guitar Jam forum. So many of the people there use the F word and C word and some of them have those words in their signature so that they offend people with every post they make. The moderator at the centre of the problem uses a silhouette of a naked woman as his avatar. They are not people I want to mix with.

• Members

I think that I shall keep myself on the Acoustic Guitar forum or at least stay away from the Guitar Jam forum. So many of the people there use the F word and C word and some of them have those words in their signature so that they offend people with every post they make. The moderator at the centre of the problem uses a silhouette of a naked woman as his avatar. They are not people I want to mix with.

...and the only reason to even mention this is to try to add fuel to a fire. Why take a public stand? Just hang out where you feel comfortable. :confused:

• Members

Yeah, it's pretty {censored}ed up, alright.

• Members

Agree entirely with you. {censored} that bunch of malodorous {censored} cunts with a rusty claw hammer! :mad:

• Members

I can appreciate your desire to avoid the foul language and numerous other unpleasantries associated with the Guitar Jam, and other sub forums here.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to prevent those same unpleasantries from spilling over to here, and as you can see, they often do. It is the nature of unmoderated or poorly moderated forums.

Have you visited the Acoustic Guitar Forum? The moderators there do not tolerate the kind of bad behavior so common here. I think you might like it.

• Members

I certainly understand your desire to avoid the foul language and other unpleasantries associated with the Guitar Jam,or several other sub forums here, for that matter.

Unfortunately, as you can see, often such indelicacies do pop up, even here. It is the nature of the place, for better or for worse. full and free expression is not for everyone.

Have you visited "The Open Jam" http://www.theopenjam.net/ ? The posters are knowledgeable and friendly and the moderators there do not tolerate the kind of bad behavior so common here. I think you might like it.

see you there?

• Members

I can appreciate your desire to avoid the foul language and numerous other unpleasantries associated with the Guitar Jam, and other sub forums here.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to prevent those same unpleasantries from spilling over to here, and as you can see, they often do. It is the nature of unmoderated or poorly moderated forums.

Have you visited the
? The moderators there do not tolerate the kind of bad behavior so common here. I think you might like it.

Thank you. I shall read that site.

• Members

I certainly understand your desire to avoid the foul language and other unpleasantries associated with the Guitar Jam,or several other sub forums here, for that matter.

Unfortunately, as you can see, often such indelicacies do pop up, even here. It is the nature of the place, for better or for worse. full and free expression is not for everyone.

Have you visited "The Open Jam"
? The posters are knowledgeable and friendly and the moderators there do not tolerate the kind of bad behavior so common here. I think you might like it.

see you there?

I have seen the Open Jam forum but it is almost as bad as the Guitar Jam forum so No Thanks.

• Moderators

It's wrong to assert that Motorik is cutting anyone any breaks. He removed the pic in the OP because it was against forum rules, but didn't ban the poster...

...But then to start crying about censorship and re-posting the same image that the mod
already removed once before because it goes against the forum rules,
yeah that'll get you banned. And even then, it was only a 3-day ban until everyone else started chiming in.

Rocket surgery. This isn't it.

• Moderators

Oh and finally, I know it's human nature to "circle the wagons", but it's really pointless for GJ posters to villify AG poster, or vice versa. You AG folks should know GJ is actually a pretty laid back place, albiet with a few rivalries and a little rowdyness. But there's a reason a lot of us post there regularly.

This kind of "forum versus forum" thing seems to get people awfully riled up. I'm sure you folks here are by-and-large a perfectly nice lot. (Even if you are psychotic about bridge pins) :p

• Members

Is this the thread where I ask for recommendations on acoustic pickups?

No. This is where you ask us which guitar is best for you and then we all say go play them and find out for your own self and by the way be sure to try Yammies cuz they're a great value and then if you want to amplify it put in a K+K mini and play it through a Baggs DI.

Archived