Banned....

Samilyn

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I can't believe that someone who was ready to leave HCAG forever over a poster using
this photograph
in his avatar is making such a big deal out of this now.

Wrong photo, James. The avatar in question showed the whole butt, with strings emerging from the crack and running up the model's back. Was a contemporary rendering of the photo you posted the link to. This is the one I objected to at that time:

Painted Woman

And if you'll remember, James, I did admit that I overreacted to that av because of my granddaughter. (Yeah, I'm the overly protective sort when it comes to 3-year-old girls). I also recall that I got severely flamed over my reaction - it was one helluva a war.

But to the best of my knowledge, nobody got banned over that av, though essentially it was nothing more than a photograph of a naked human butt and back, though quite artfully painted.

So, I guess a naked butt is just a naked butt and a painted butt is art, just as a painted boobie is art and a photographed album cover is not. :idk:

• Members

Wrong photo, James. The avatar in question showed the whole butt, with strings emerging from the crack and running up the model's back. Was a contemporary rendering of the photo you posted the link to.

LOL...I remember it well. And if you'll remember, James, I did admit that I overreacted to that av because of my granddaughter. (Yeah, I'm the overly protective sort when it comes to 3-year-old girls). I also recall that I got
severely
flamed over my reaction - it was one helluva a war.

(brevity snip)

I only lurked on that one, so I guess I didn't remember it all that well. But here I think we have to consider that Motorik might have a grandkid too, or at least be looking out for the interests of someone who does.

AFA the art vs. pron question goes, that's always going to be called by the eye of the beholder. To try to second guess or override the judgment of the guy whose (unpaid) job it is to make that call is just asking for a ban, imo. Whether "The Martyred" made a point about Art and freedom of expression or were just being childish is a call we'll each make for ourselves.

• Members
Just a quick post to let y'all know our friend Garthman is not AWOL. He's okay and will be back in a few days. He got banned on Guitar Jam. Apparently the GJ Mod didn't like some of his comments.
:rolleyes:

That's incredible........I find our Garthman to be a very calm, thoughtful person. Hard to imagine his feathers getting ruffled to the extent that he would say something that got him banned. I guess the GJ must be one rowdy section of the HC site.......

• Members

Oh, for heaven's sake.

You play in their pool, you go by their rules. These mod-type folks do a good job in a thankless environment. The only time their Mod-hood is mentioned is when someone has a gripe and the mature way to try and hash it out is over PM, not challenging them in their domain. I mean, what do you think is going to happen?

One poster puts up a pic and the mod takes it down. That should have ended it, but what's happened since? The original poster doesn't know when to shut up, so is banned. Then the news makes it to another forum and everyone goes all 'ATTICA!! ATTICA!!!!', so more bannings take place. What has been accomplished? More contributors on time-out.

Seems kinda adolescent to me.

Hey, just my two cents...

• Members

If you have issues with a moderator, you would be wise to communicate them back channel via PM. Insulting or otherwise challenging a moderator in the open forum has consequences. Looks like Garthman, et al, failed to remember that.

It is a moderator's duty to make an effort to be fair and consistent regarding the enforcement and interpretation of the rules. Looks like a moderator has failed to do that.

Bad combination.

• Members

Oh, for heaven's sake.

You play in their pool, you go by their rules. These mod-type folks do a good job in a thankless environment. The only time their Mod-hood is mentioned is when someone has a gripe and the mature way to try and hash it out is over PM, not challenging them in their domain. I mean, what do you
think
is going to happen?

One poster puts up a pic and the mod takes it down. That should have ended it, but what's happened since? The original poster doesn't know when to shut up, so is banned. Then the news makes it to another forum and everyone goes all 'ATTICA!! ATTICA!!!!', so more bannings take place. What has been accomplished? More contributors on time-out.

Seems kinda adolescent to me.

Hey, just my two cents...

Holy {censored}. That made sense too.

Sense... how does it work?

• Members

Didn't think much of this thread when I saw it this morning. When I checked back this evening and it was up to five pages, I figured something had to be afoot. And I was right :eek:!

Garth, Poppy, and gull12 all banned? This is positively ridiculous! If anyone's curious in the joke of a thread that started this whole mess:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2716314-Electric-Ladyland

I'd suggest against anyone else being a martyr, though. There's another thread running about what a bunch of pansies the folks at HCAG are, and in it, Motorik says this:

Yep, it's in the terms and conditions we all agreed to when we signed up, and for those with a shaky memory there's a handy stickied thread at the top of the GJ page that spells out exactly where the line is when posting pics.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?1894264-GJ-Rules-and-a-Note-About-Women-amp-NSFW-Images

As each person has reposted the pic I've increased the temp-ban time accordingly. The last one who had a go got 3-months.

I'm thinking we should start a thread about how seemingly illiterate the people at GJ are, but that's another story entirely.

Or perhaps we could start a thread about how hypocritical they are. If you look at the offending thread, there's plenty of nudity. But it's not a photograph of nudity, so somehow, it's okay. Motorik's avatar is a silhouette of a naked lady, for crying out loud :rolleyes:. To me, it seems like if you're "one of them," breaking the rules is acceptable. But if you're unlucky enough to be an outsider who breaks the rules, Motorik calls down hellfire and brimstone.

I'm not promoting nudity and I don't know how raunchy the album cover in question is---but I don't think it's fair that the rules apply to some people and not to others.

• Members

Didn't think much of this thread when I saw it this morning. When I checked back this evening and it was up to five pages, I figured something had to be afoot. And I was right
:eek:
!

Garth, Poppy, and gull12 all banned? This is positively ridiculous! If anyone's curious in the joke of a thread that started this whole mess:

I'd suggest against anyone else being a martyr, though. There's
another thread
running about what a bunch of pansies the folks at HCAG are, and in it, Motorik says this:

I'm thinking we should start a thread about how seemingly illiterate the people at GJ are, but that's another story entirely.

Or perhaps we could start a thread about how hypocritical they are. If you look at the offending thread, there's plenty of nudity. But it's not a photograph of nudity, so somehow, it's okay. Motorik's avatar is a silhouette of a naked lady, for crying out loud
. To me, it seems like if you're "one of them," breaking the rules is acceptable. But if you're unlucky enough to be an outsider who breaks the rules, Motorik calls down hellfire and brimstone.

I'm not promoting nudity and I don't know how raunchy the album cover in question is---but I don't think it's fair that the rules apply to some people and not to others.

Holy Sh*t! :facepalm:

I just saw this mod's avatar! What a jerk he is! Can't believe this!

I'm gonna say this in French because I'm more comfortable in my native language: Y'a des coups de pied au cul qui se perdent! C'est con, con, mais con et vraiment hypocrite...

Faire une job gratuitement,

• Members

If you post nipples, you get teh bant.

Time to learn to read/comprehend teh TOS, children.
:cop:

Only on that particular forum, right? The safe-for-work GJ forum.

Nothing about nips in the TOS:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/faq.php

Nips are fine here, AFAIK. One way to find out, I guess. Here are the infamous BANNED-ON-GJ nips.

(Cover your eyes. These things could poke your eye out.)

Electric_ladyland_nude_front_and_back.jp

Counting down .... :)

• Members

Didn't think much of this thread when I saw it this morning. When I checked back this evening and it was up to five pages, I figured something had to be afoot. And I was right
:eek:
!

I'd suggest against anyone else being a martyr, though. There's
another thread
running about what a bunch of pansies the folks at HCAG are, and in it, Motorik says this:

Or perhaps we could start a thread about how hypocritical they are. If you look at the offending thread, there's plenty of nudity. But it's not a photograph of nudity, so somehow, it's okay. Motorik's avatar is a silhouette of a naked lady, for crying out loud
. To me, it seems like if you're "one of them," breaking the rules is acceptable. But if you're unlucky enough to be an outsider who breaks the rules, Motorik calls down hellfire and brimstone.

I've been banned by Motorik several times and I'm a regular. He enforces the rules fairly and if I {censored} up, I pay the price. It's that easy. :idk:

• Members

If you post nipples, you get banned... but if you use an avatar showing a naked girl with "She'll blow your mind - The virgin witch", it's ok! In my books, we call this "un sans-dessein et un hypocrite!"

He's gonna do more damage with his avatar to young children than the cover art of an album...

And I agree 100% with you:

Time to learn to read/comprehend teh TOS, children.

It's about time this young immature mod comprehends!

And this again: Si ce gars l

• Members

Only on that particular forum, right? The safe-for-work GJ forum.

Nothing about nips in the TOS:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/faq.php

Nips are fine here, AFAIK. One way to find out, I guess. Here are the infamous BANNED-ON-GJ nips.

(Cover your eyes. These things could poke your eye out.)

Electric_ladyland_nude_front_and_back.jp

Counting down ....
:)

Oh, and that too:

253567_19_seinoubiberoncopyrightveer.jpg

-----------------------

Archived