Zager Acoustic

snyder66

• Members
Looks, sounds, and smells like a Zager shill to me.

Typical attack on a major brand.

Typical defensive objection to any criticism.

Typical claim that a Zager is superior to other higher priced guitars.

Typical objection to allegedly unfounded persecution and hatred.

Typical reference to the reveiws inflated by... yep, you guessed it... more Zager shills.

:D

Yep. this thread is gonna be a {censored}storm.
:thu:

Yes, I admit it. I am paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to sway the the minds of the weak minded into buying these balsa wood geetars for dang near a thousand dollars. Now the fact that they sound better than those crap yammies you all love should be ignored cuz you all has a common enema to hate. By the way did I mention I like Bedells and Recording King and Blueridge geetars too. Yes I'm paid bazillions of dollars for ever werd I jes puts down here. I'm using vernacular you all can understand. Translated. I'm talking in low intellijence lingo that ya'll kin unnerstand. :poke:

I offer the floor for your next low brow unsupported slam at a fine geetar.:poke:

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What., this crap again. A bunch of BS from the clique, VERY few of whom have any credible experience playing a new Zager.
I have a Zager. For what must be the hundreth time, it is not a crap guitar. It is a very light stringed, low set up solid top, laminated sides pac rim guitar. It is a good, though pricy starter guitar that allows a noob to have an optimal beginner set up that will minimize sore fingers. Nobody's buying a Zager to record the CMA album of the year.
However, it's build quality and sound is on par with any of the pacific rim country acoustics, including the Yamaha that I own.
Zager never paid me to say the guitar is great, or shill. I've not spent four years on here waiting for the opportunity to tout their gits. I believe the issue of his marketing is worthy of discussion, but the exaggerated, sanctimonious outrage on this forum is in my opinion just another form of school yard piling on by the cool kids.

• Members

Hey, Does that make me a cool kid?? woo hoo!!

And for the record, Ive played and owned Zagers. Presented as a Pac rim guitar with an extremely low set up is fine, and no one would object. But the marketing hype, the use of shills, and the complete lies (Zager was claiming a "patented" process for years after the patent application was refused), makes Zager guitars an overpriced, over hyped guitar that misleads the gullible.

People on this forum will not allow it to be used for marketing purposes, and we take seriously our role in guiding newbies to good guitars. Zager is not, and never will be, a guitar that the forum endorses. The guitar might be minimally ok, but the phoniness surrounding it raises a mighty stench.

The Cool Kid has spoken.

• Members

Sanctimoneos drivel from the protectors of the noobs.
Save some of it for the corporations and Madison Ave. that for years have been selling soap based on puffery and exaggerated claims.
I guess those beloved Epi "Masterbuilts" were hand crafted by master luthiers, right?

• Members

Save some of it for the corporations and Madison Ave. that for years have been selling soap based on puffery and exaggerated claims.

I guess those beloved Epi "Masterbuilts" were hand crafted by master luthiers, right?

Yo-
don't be dissing my Dove. :cop:
dove-baby-bar-soap_1248450134_LRG.jpg

• Members

I can certainly count on you espousing what can only be characterized as "goofy {censored}". How in the world you make any type of connection between an Epiphone Masterbuilt (a pac rim guitar marketed as just that) and a Zager (A pac rim guitar procured, set up and then marketed as being nearly magical in its tone and playability) is beyond me.

For real puffery and exaggerated claims, try this "Denny built the ZAD50 to compete with $2000 guitars. If you read magazine reviews and customer testimonials you will see it actually outperforms many of those pricier models. If you want the look, feel and sound of a $2000 guitar without the $2000 price tag, this is the guitar for you. "

That quote is right out of the Zager website. It leads you to believe that Denny Builds the Guitar (he does not), and that it performs as well or better than a $2,000 guitar. That is pure deception.

If that's sanctimonious (note the spelling, BTW) and makes me a "protector of the noobs", then I am fine with that. Noobs are the only ones who would fall for the goofy claims. Noobs come here for advice from those more experienced and ask for advice. If I was asking for advice in a forum, I would hope for honest expression of experience.

My honest experience is to warn anyone who would listen that Zager guitars are a poor investment, a poor guitar, and are set so low that tone has been lost.

Is there some kind of Zager shill club? Did the message go out that you need to swoop in and protect Denny from his own reputation? You apparently are in the group of "you can fool some of the people all of the time" that Abe mentioned. Fascinating. Well if nothing else, you have been consistent. And you consistently flaunt your inability to discern {censored} from shinola.

Here's a clue: {censored} has a headstock that reads "Zager".

• Members

Don't give up, Bubbalou! Your comment that this is "Still going on" is a bit off base. Haven't had an active Zager thread in a long time. Like you, Samilyn & Totamus, the topic seemed to be on vacation.

Hmmm... But it turns up again when you guys get back... Oh my gosh! Could it be??? Conspiracy! Call the ZIA! Call the ZBI!

• Members

Every run of the mill Epi Masterbilt I've both owned and played, sounded a damn sight better than the top of the line Zager I also owned for 24 hours.

• Members
Don't give up, Bubbalou! Your comment that this is "Still going on" is a bit off base. Haven't had an active Zager thread in a long time. Like you, Samilyn & Totamus, the topic seemed to be on vacation.

Hmmm... But it turns up again when you guys get back... Oh my gosh! Could it be??? Conspiracy! Call the ZIA! Call the ZBI!

What is missing is a real Zager shill, like Charlotte941 or the original FretFiend (NO PERIOD :mad:). There hasn't been one of those around in a while. :cry:

• Members

Me, Bubba and Samilyn were all in a love commune in the foot hills of the Rockies, and it was marvelous fun. But then Sammi went and got hitched and the whole thing fell apart. So we thought we would mark our triumphant return with a rousing Zager thread, you know, for old times sake.

Next week we were going to do bridge pins.

• Members

I thought you were a lawyer. That's some piss poor spin there. Surely you can do better. :poke:

• Members

Come on people you can think up better lies than this schill business. Don't you think Denny Zager had enslaved african pygmys and made them cut down laminate trees to make his, on purpose, inferior instruments? The only people who could possibly be fooled by his landfill products are the people who have actually heard them.

Come on make up some better stuff than the tired old crap you have spewed before. You seem to think if you repeat the same old tired lines long enough it will make them true.

Better yet play one and tell us all what it really sounds like. Or you can just continue lying until you get out of Jr. High.:poke:

And yes, that activity will make you go blind :eek:

Archived