Zager Acoustic

snyder66

• Members

Come on people you can think up better lies than this schill business. Don't you think Denny Zager had enslaved african pygmys and made them cut down laminate trees to make his, on purpose, inferior instruments? The only people who could possibly be fooled by his landfill products are the people who have actually heard them.

Come on make up some better stuff than the tired old crap you have spewed before. You seem to think if you repeat the same old tired lines long enough it will make them true.

Better yet play one and tell us all what it really sounds like. Or you can just continue lying until you get out of Jr. High.:poke:

And yes, that activity will make you go blind
:eek:

WTF? Pull your head out, take breath of fresh air and read the Zager comments. The general consensus is that the instruments Zager buys from Asia are of ok quality before he screws them up. The problem with Zagers is the wild claims, the deception, the snake oil marketing. All of that BS marketing, and all he does is set up guitar like real luthiers have been doing for hundreds of years.

He tried to patent his "String Science", but they bounced out of the Patent office. After all, you cant patent a process that has been in use for many hundreds of years.

We would probably even shrug that off if he didn't charge such a huge premium for his set up. The poor fool that buys a $495 Zager winds up with a $200 guitar that has a $300 set up.

Potential buyers are infinitely better off buying a $400 guitar and investing in a $50 set up. The regular members here regularly advise people to do exactly this, without any profit motive. The only motive is to help out fellow guitar enthusiasts.

I do thank you for demonstrating how you choose your name, and despite your protests to the contrary, I believe you must be a noob. I would hate to think that you have any degree of experience with acoustic guitars, or even guitars in general, and cannot discern the difference between guitar hype and guitar knowledge.

There have always been people who make a buck by selling inferior products and wildly exaggerating the quality of the merchandise. Snake oil salesmen used to plant a shill in the audience to give false testimony. That is how Zager markets as well.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No idea. But I do lust after the high-end models.
:love:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DENNY-ZAGERS-PERSONAL-ACOUSTIC-YEAR-2525-GUITAR-/190419479900?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c55e2ad5c#ht_1758wt_1139

They have it for BID...I was thinking I could negotiate a little...maybe bid only $251,499???

What do you think my chances would be of winning this beauty?

I am SOOOO excited!

:facepalm:

• Members

Scientologist maybe?
:idea:

4 out of 5 scienticians agree that Denny Zager's turboencabulation process not only supplies inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters.

It's all in the string science, my friends, and you just can't put a price on something like that.

• Members

Just to put a stick of dynamiteunder this dead mule, an observation.

While many percieve an army of shills, in reading the comments and reviews my minds ear hears few voices. I am not qualified in forensic document analysis, but the language usage, adjectives and descriptive phrases are repeated in a way and in such an order that it sounds as if 85% of them are written by the same person. Or there could be a loose script. Hit the user reviews page and see. Do you hear what I hear?

Now this is only a wild assed guess on my part, an opinion, and meant for entertainment purposes only. Please, no wagering.

• Members

Just to put a stick of dynamite under this dead mule, an observation.

While many percieve an army of shills, in reading the comments and reviews my minds ear hears few voices. I am not qualified in forensic document analysis, but
the language usage, adjectives and descriptive phrases are repeated in a way and in such an order that it sounds as if 85% of them are written by the same person. Or there could be a loose script.
Hit the user reviews page and see. Do you hear what I hear?

Now this is only a wild assed guess on my part, an opinion, and meant for entertainment purposes only. Please, no wagering.

Bingo! :thu:

All you are required to have in order to submit a review on many sites is an email address. It's not too much of a challenge to flood the Harmony Central reviews section with dozens of rave reviews if you put your mind to it. Look at any of those places that Zager brags about, and you'll find the same thing.

Which gives me an idea. :idea: Perhaps someone could turn the tables on ol' Denny, and flood those places with bad reviews. :lol:

Or honest reviews, but that's the same as bad reviews. :lol:

• Members

Nebraska? Of course... Now it all falls into place. A veritable Petri dish of sedition and lies and wrongheaded wrongness. Nebraska... I hear they have laws there that force you to eat dead chickens every Sunday afternoon and devour their ovaries each morning! Oh, Nebraska! Slowly I turned. Step by step, inch by inch...

• Members

I am from Nebraska, 50 Miles away from Denny's Mecca of the Ultimate Geetar. We aren't related that I know of but it sure makes Schillin' hard when I have to drive 50 miles for my Schillin' check. It doesn't bother me though cause I'm a Dr. Scholls Schill too. Bet you can't say that 3 times fast. Anyway I'm chillin'. My Zager can beat up your Taylor.

• Members

What I don't get with all the 2ager shills...

Did they ever try to

a) not buy a $200 guitar with a $300 setup but buy a $400 guitar with a $50 setup instead?

b) play that 2ager guitar for longer than a few hours - but until the frets wear down and bring it to a luthier for a fix?

Everybody has the right to sell snake oil and there is an idiot being born every day. But, c'mon, you don't have to prove that you are one of those.

• Members

What I don't get with all the 2ager shills...

Did they ever try to

a) not buy a $200 guitar with a $300 setup but buy a $400 guitar with a $50 setup instead?

b) play that 2ager guitar for longer than a few hours - but until the frets wear down and bring it to a luthier for a fix?

Everybody has the right to sell snake oil and there is an idiot being born every day. But, c'mon, you don't have to prove that you are one of those.

Amen!

• Members

If a Zager you must buy

Dont come here to whine or cry

We tried to tell you, but you raised a fit

So now you can live with that piece of {censored}

The braces are weak, the frets are ruined

'cause Denny doesnt know what hes doing

After he's done, your guitar goes downhill

He sells them anyway, it just takes a shill

But here in this forum we call him a hack

We laugh at his claims, his lies which are black

Hes says Luthier, but hes really a Boob

So says I, Sanctimonious Protector of Noobs

• Members

If a Zager you must buy

ROFL :lol::lol::lol:

• Members

If a Zager you must buy

Put it to music! :lol:

• Members

Totamus, I have to say that at least demonstrated some creativity. I applaud you for that but creative lies are still lies. I would still pick a Zager over a Taylor 114 or 214 because they sound better and are cheaper and are set up when you get them. String Science just does some things that make the guitar easier to play. Like strings wider at the nut and not you don't get that with a set up. The braces are shaved and no you don't get that with set up. The inlay is top notch and you don't get that on either the Taylor 114 or 214. The top is Cedar and is very warm sounding. Only thing I changed on it was to put a bone saddle and bridge pins on it. I didn't have to do a set up because it was already done. It played easily and sounded great.

Totamus tell us about your actual experience with Zager's. I know if you don't have any you will make something up so let's hear it. You get an A+ for creativity on the post but and F for lack of truth.

• Members

STFU Noob. You are either dumb as a rock, a shill, or you are a troll. If you are as dumb as a rock, then arguing with you is a waste of my time. If you are a Troll, then arguing with you gives you the attention you need. If you are a shill then you will continue posting positive comments regardless of all evidence and logic.

Instead of trying to change your mind, I will simply wish you years of enjoyment with your Zager. I suspect that any other guitar would be wasted on you anyway.

• Members

Totamus, I have to say that at least demonstrated some creativity. I applaud you for that but creative lies are still lies. I would still pick a Zager over a Taylor 114 or 214 because they sound better and are cheaper and are set up when you get them. String Science just does some things that make the guitar easier to play. Like strings wider at the nut and not you don't get that with a set up. The braces are shaved and no you don't get that with set up. The inlay is top notch and you don't get that on either the Taylor 114 or 214. The top is Cedar and is very warm sounding. Only thing I changed on it was to put a bone saddle and bridge pins on it. I didn't have to do a set up because it was already done. It played easily and sounded great.

Guitar Hack, with due respect, haven't all these points been covered in the endless arguments over Zager?

Take the claim about widening string spacing at the nut. This seems to assume that every guitar has a narrow nut with narrow spacing, and then Zager thought of widening the spacing. In real life, guitars come with all sorts of nut widths and string spacings. (Even with inexpensive guitars, see Seagulls or 000-sized Silver Creeks, for example, for both wide nuts and wide string spacings.) You mention the low-end Taylors with 1 11/16" nut widths, but as I recall, their string spacing is not too bad (wider than many other guitars with such nut widths). And a setup can include a wider nut. For example, when I get a guitar I usually make a bone nut with my preferred spacing.

You also state, "The braces are shaved and no you don't get that with set up." Similarly, this seems to assume that all guitars come with some set bracing size and width, etc., handed down from above, and Zager bravely dived in the guitar body to set things straight. But in real life, guitars come with various heights, widths, shapes, etc., of bracing, so saying that Zager "shaves" braces is meaningless. (It's like saying, "I bought a Honda Civic for $50,000 because it was painted red over the original blue!" Well, just buy one that was painted red in the first place.) And as others have stated in Zager argument-fests, they doubtless come from the factory with whatever bracing (scalloped, etc.) he has ordered.

• Members

Hack,

I admire you for your dedication and belief into 2ager guitars.

We're sometimes a bit hot here, but in general nobody says that -before the treatment- a 2ager is worse than any other PacRim guitar and there are some really good ones out there.

What IS general consensus, is that the setup that Danny treats the guitars to is improving the playability, but it also almost damages the guitar. If you have a good set-up guitar, you will have 80% playability without losing the sound and if you played down the frets, there is enough life left in them to grind the down two times before you can throw away that guitar, because the cost of refretting is higher an the value of the guitar. Danny sets the guitars up to 90% without paying attention to the sound or the life left.

If a 2ager is played down, it's the end of it. Noboy with a sane mind would re-fret a 2ager - that would cost $300'ish - and then gri nd down the frets twice until they are as bad and low as the ones the guitar dame with.

Jeez, if my FG730S is run down in soe years time and there is no life left in the frets, it's off to the wall or into the fireplace with it. No use of refretting that.

• Members

:blah::bor::cop::eek::cry:

Well lessee:

Call anyone who speaks against Zager a liar.

Claim that Zager is better than brand x.

Claim that Zager is cheaper than brand x.

Claim that Zager is set up better than brand x.

Claim that String Science is something mystically superior to a conventional guitar setup.

Go into detail on the features of a Zager guitar, but neglect to mention that these features are standard, and are commonly found, on all guitars.

Neglect to mention the cost comparisons between a Zager and a conventional guitar.

Try to discredit any facts concerning the cost/value of a Zager, by insisting that playing a Zager will somehow make these facts irrelevent.

Oh, and one more... Call anyone who speaks against Zager a liar. :D

Online Guerrilla Marketing at its best. :thu:

Archived