New Guitar Day...a month late

• Members

I moved to South Korea for a job in February, and left my guitars at home. I was quite busy the first six weeks, but finally in April I took a trip to Seoul with the soul purpose of getting a guitar. I knew I wanted an acoustic, but wasn't sure which brand, model, etc. I usually play electrics back home (ESP fan).

Anywho, to make a long story short, I ended up falling for this Ovation Elite T series guitar. I always buy my gear second hand, so this was my first ever new guitar purchase, and I could not be happier. I love the aesthetics of this guitar, and the neck is the perfect shape for my hand and playing style. Upper fret access is nice for an acoustic, and I love the texture/roughness of the paint. The built in tuner is definitely spoiling me as well...The only negative thing I can say is that I don't have as much drive to explore Korea for the year I will be staying here, because I just want to stay home and play this guitar :lol: I will definitely be taking this back to the States with me when I leave...

I would like input in one area though. I'm quickly running through songs I had in mind to learn on acoustic, so if anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears. I have been working on things from Pears Jam and Led Zeppelin to Jack Johnson and Bob Marley. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And now, after that ramble, some amateur pics!

Ovation004.jpg

Ovation005.jpg

Ovation014.jpg

Ovation013.jpg

Ovation012.jpg

Ovation011.jpg

Ovation010.jpg

Ovation009.jpg

Ovation007.jpg

• Members

Others can explain the goats better than I can. I'm a refugee from the electric forum. Over there you get boobies. Only pic I have right now is kinda dark. Its a '76 Artist Balladeer.

1z3uh41.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Thanks for the positive comments guys
:)
Has anyone been playing any songs on acoustic lately that have just been fun?
I, for one, never get tired of the "Over the Hills and Far Away" opening riff...pure fun!

That is a fun riff! Fun is what it's all about for me with the acoustic guitar. I think the "fun" song I have been playing the most lately is Deep River Blues by Doc Watson. It's fun to play and sing at the same time. Of course I do a dumbed down version of it...:lol:

That's a really cool looking guitar. It's awesome that you love playing it so much. Congrats! :thu:

What the heck is it made of? :confused:

• Members

That is a fun riff! Fun is what it's all about for me with the acoustic guitar. I think the "fun" song I have been playing the most lately is Deep River Blues by Doc Watson. It's fun to play and sing at the same time. Of course I do a dumbed down version of it...
:lol:

That's a really cool looking guitar. It's awesome that you love playing it so much. Congrats!
:thu:

What the heck is it made of?
:confused:

I'll look into that song, thanks for the tip! As for the construction of the guitar, here is a link to the manufacturer's website, with specs listed.

http://www.ovationguitars.com/guitars/product/elite_tx_2078tx_5

Archived