Epiphone Texan reissue

Fred Fartboski

• Members

Has anyone had a chance to try the recently introduced "Inspired by 1964 Texan"? I think it's a great idea for Epiphone to reissue an original Epiphone acoustic in this price range($449). So far they've only been doing knockoffs of Gibson models. I wonder if they'll follow up with reissues other original Epi models? Although the Texan is far more famous than any of the other Epis.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Inspired-by-1964-Texan-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=581880

• Members

That is sweet! The specs are fantastic. HOly Crap.

And no, I haven't seen one...maybe I need to call my local GC today!

I get to play a 64 Texan every once in a while...a great guitar.

This new one is kinda like a full scale J45 with funky fret markers. Not a big fan of the way the markers look, nor the big "E", but that can go pretty easy. All solid top, mixed sides and solid back...uh oh...

• Members

Sweet guitar, my buddy in McHenry got one and it is really worth the money. Must be a low initial price to get market share.
Here is a link to his photos and a couple of mp3s

"This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions."

Any other way to see him?

• Members

I already have the GAS. How do you think I got my name?
;)

We'll just stand upwind until you get it, then! :eek:

You know, the only difference between the original (American-made) Texan and a J-45/J-50 was the Epiphone neck and pickguard...there were rumors that the Gibson/Epiphone employees would set aside the nicer bodies to be Gibsons, but a retired Gibson employee told me that that's not the case, and I've seen several Texans that were every bit as nice as J-45/50s.

• 1 year later...

Archived