JEEZE.....this stuff hits melike a ton of bricks...

Brindleleaf

• Members

Hiya everyone,

Maybe everyine except me has already heard this......just blew me away.....I love it when you hear a song that instantly haunts you......

[video=youtube;yWUCgYRzleQ]

Anyone want to post any other beautiful songs to learn that aren't common knowledge....?

• Members

If this sounds country, it's because it's supposed to. A real oldie but goodie.

[video=youtube;z4gsbBDyfvo]

I see that me, poppy and Howard likes dem wimmens! Here's another that I've posted before, but it deserves a second hearing. This one gets my heart started every time!

[video=youtube;530Hqoamf3Q]

• Members

Thanks for the input everyone....!

YES.....as though the song is an exact fit....a strange and moving experience...

For the song in my OP, I heard it, then went to find the tabs......the second time I listened I made the "mistake" of reading the lyrics carefully as I listened..... It's been a LOOONG time since I openly wept listening to a song..... (think I scored A LOT of brownie ponts with my Gf at the same time..:lol: )

• Members

NICE!! I only know her from when she sang with Damien Rice...like these....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDxtlBhT4HU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHt72jJ_1t0

but I like her style as a solo artist...fresh and moving..

Here's another Iron & Wine song live....I think these two are FANTASTIC live...(better than their album if you ask me), and I like his attitude to the crowd...as far as I can tell, the basic guitar line in this song is just two chord-shapes, but it's captivating...(must be alesson there somewhere..lol!).

[video=youtube;a-umCc50R5Y]

Archived