Good on D'Addario

• Members

A couple of days ago, I posted a thread about the issues I had changing the strings on my sister's banjo. I mentioned that I had several strings break in the process, and wrote it off to a combination of my own ineptitude and a bad pack of strings.

Yesterday, I got a PM from a D'Addario rep. He apologized for the issues I had with the strings, and offered to send me a new set. I took him up on his offer, and the strings are shipping out today. :thu:

I think it's pretty neat that D'Addario is willing to stand behind their products, and I just wanted to share.

• Members

A couple of days ago, I posted a
thread
about the issues I had changing the strings on my sister's banjo. I mentioned that I had several strings break in the process, and wrote it off to a combination of my own ineptitude and a bad pack of strings.

Yesterday, I got a PM from a D'Addario rep. He apologized for the issues I had with the strings, and offered to send me a new set. I took him up on his offer, and the strings are shipping out today.
:thu:

I think it's pretty neat that D'Addario is willing to stand behind their products, and I just wanted to share.

It is cool to see that good customer service still means something today and companies are willing bend a little to make customers happy. I myself don't mind paying a little more for good service. In the world of guitars, "Sweetwater" comes to mind.

• Members

Good deal, Chris. Nice of D'Addario to do this for you. I remember a similar situation I had one time with Super Sensitive violin strings. Sent an email to them and they sent me a new set of strings and a pre-paid mailing envelope for me to mail back the faulty strings so they could try to determine what the problem was with them. I've heard others mention the same thing with different string companies.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

• Members

They sent me some new ones too and not just one but several different variations and I found out that they made strings with reinforced wraps which were definitely better and didn't tend to go out of tune. Been using them off and on between Elixers since.

• Members

It is cool to see that good customer service still means something today and companies are willing bend a little to make customers happy. I myself don't mind paying a little more for good service.
In the world of guitars, "Sweetwater" comes to mind.

Indeed. :thu:

And it goes without saying that after reading this thread, D'Addario just popped to the top of my "favored vendors" list, too, right alongside Sweetwater. I've never had any issues with their strings, but it's great to know they'd take care of an issue if one cropped up. :)

• Members

EXP16's are the ones that I put on all my dreads and jumbos. Only the parlors get Silk&Steel. Unfortunately, those are not available in coated.

Hey, D'Addario, ain't that something? I would LOVE to have longer lasting Silk&Steels!

And the EXP23's made it to the top of my list for my baritone. They last unbelievably long and still sound good.

Best bang for the buck!

• Members

EXP16's are the ones that I put on all my dreads and jumbos. Only the parlors get Silk&Steel. Unfortunately, those are not available in coated.

Hey, D'Addario, ain't that something? I would LOVE to have longer lasting Silk&Steels!

And the EXP23's made it to the top of my list for my baritone. They last unbelievably long and still sound good.

Best bang for the buck!

I adore the airy, harpsichord-like sound of S & S on a 12-er. Though I have to adjust my setup to accommodate the lesser tension, they're a delightful change from the warmth of the phos-bronze I customarily use.

• Members

Good on them! I noticed a concerted effort by them to raise their presence on these forums and I have to say that I like the way they've done it - above board with with a refreshing lack of incognito shills. I've never had a set of D'Addarios that had a manufacturing defect and I used them exclusively on my electrics for over 15 years.

• Members

That is awesome. :thu:

I've always been a fan of their p/b strings - use their EJ16 & EJ17 on my gits, and J74s on my mando. Aside from the fact that they're great strings, and inexpensive, I like that they're made in NY.

This cool customer service story give me a whole new dimension to like about them. :cool:

• Members

Very cool!:cool:

A few years ago I bought some of those DR coated Red Devils to put on a Bigsby equiped guitar. I prebend them to get around the bar with the string pegs. A couple of the strings broke as I was bending them. I emailed DR to see if anyone else had experienced this problem. They emailed me back and said they were sorry for what happened and sent me three sets for free.:cool:

• Members

I've always liked D'Addario on my acoustic - now there's one more reason to like them.:)

I had a similar experience with Rotosound. I put a new set of Rotos on my bass, only to have the core of the low E break. I emailed Rotosound, and received a prompt reply from the owner, Jason How. He sent me a replacement E string, plus an entire new set of Swing Bass strings. :thu:

• Members

D'Addario is a multi-generational family business, and their name on their products, means something! I've used their guitar & bass strings since the 60s (though not exclusively), and their customer service has never been less than stellar.

I've found that Peavey CS to be of this quality, as well.

• Members

D'Addario is a multi-generational family business, and their name on their products,
means
something! I've used their guitar & bass strings since the 60s (though not exclusively), and their customer service has never been less than stellar..

And they are Made in New York!:thu::wave:

made_newyork_bk.jpg

Archived