Back home again...

Terry Allan Hall

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist21

IMO, Terry can hunt whatever he wants so long as he stays a great guitar player with good advice/stories/humor.
;)

Ellen

My comment was directed towards Duck and Summer, not Terry. Their hobby appears to be "hunting" Terry.

I have no problem with hunting.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Hudman

My comment was directed towards Duck and Summer, not Terry. Their hobby appears to be "hunting" Terry.

I have no problem with hunting.

I would have no problem with Terry and his canned hunt except for the fact that he makes a habit out of criticising myself and a former forumite known as Hoddy for using legal, moral, etical, common tactics (such as using a shotgun instead of a bow for duck hunting) whilst withholding the same criticism for forumites on his "side". For him to now kill exotics at a hunting lodge is the height of hypocrisy.

Personally I feel that with all the anti-hunters out there we can't afford to be divisive in our own ranks. I wish Terry felt the same way.

• Members
Originally posted by Duck Commander

I would have no problem with Terry and his canned hunt except for the fact that he makes a habit out of criticising myself and a former forumite known as Hoddy (currently hiding under the nickname "Summer Breeze!", due to having been banned repeatedly under many other names) for using legal, moral, ethical, common tactics (such as using a shotgun instead of a bow for duck hunting) whilst withholding the same criticism for forumites on his "side". For him to now kill exotics at a hunting lodge is the height of hypocrisy (actually, I'm only on his case because Terry refuses to kiss up to the glorious Neo-con cause, so I do everything I possibly can to stalk him, no matter how stupid it makes me look to others).

Personally I feel that with all the anti-hunters out there we can't afford to be divisive in our own ranks. I wish Terry felt the same way. But even if he did, my natural paranoia of anyone who refuses to goose-step to the Bu$$hAdminInc Regime tango would impell me to lie about something else about him.

BTW, hopefully by me pointing out that the red is my addition to Ducky's tantrum, this won't be interpreted as "modifying" a quote... ;)

• Members

I would have no problem with Terry and his canned hunt except for the fact that he makes a habit out of criticising myself and a former forumite known as Hoddy for using legal, moral, etical, common tactics (such as using a shotgun instead of a bow for duck hunting) whilst withholding the same criticism for forumites on his "side". For him to now kill exotics at a hunting lodge is the height of hypocrisy.

Personally I feel that with all the anti-hunters out there we can't afford to be divisive in our own ranks. I wish Terry felt the same way.

People have different opinions. Accept it and move on.

• Members

Originally posted by Hudman

People have different opinions. Accept it and move on.

I fully realise that. Terry, however has made a habit out of continued unproked insults and derision towards me. I will point out his hypocrisy when I see it. I will also do it in a civilized manner unlike Terry.

• Members

I fully realise that. Terry, however has made a habit out of continued unproked insults and derision towards me. I will point out his hypocrisy when I see it. I will also do it in a civilized manner unlike Terry.

Duck,

You are correct. You have been civilized in this thread.

Here's my humble opinion on this issue:

From what I can tell, this feud stems from a serious conflict in political beliefs. It's unfortunate that Harmony-Central has a political forum. Political debates tend to become personal and abusive. The political forum takes the focus off what we all came here for in the first place: Our love of guitar.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy debating politics. I am a political activist. I just don't like mixing my interests on forums. My opinion is that too many people don't vote and avoid political discussions because of the ugly nature of political debates. The last thing we need to do is jam politics in the middle of a guitar forum. This is not the arena for that.

It's important that we get more young people involved in politics. The last thing we want to do is turn them off by showing them that we can't discuss political issues in a calm, rational manner (and in the correct arena).

• Members

Hi Terry,

Sorry to see you are having to continue to deal with such as this. It is disheartening to see that there are people who can't find anything better to do.

They seem to forget or don't care that the purpose of this forum is to exchange information on the topic of making music.

I, for one, appreciate ALL of the positive information I have read on your threads. You have helped me a great deal and I enjoy your posts.

RT:thu:

• 4 months later...
  • Members
Despite your claim to the contrary, killing exotics at a "hunting" lodge most certainly IS a canned hunt. Thread saved for the next time you criticise other fellow hunter's legal, respectable methods. I can guarantee none of the ducks and deer I shoot are stocked animals.

Look at the pic Terry posted, if they're that easy to photograph, then it can't be much of challenge to kill them.:D

• Members

Hey Summer Breeze! and Duck Commander - Why don't you take your bull{censored} somewhere else. Terry is well-liked and respected on this forum; you two are neither. And this has nothing to do with politics; it has to do with your arrogance and lack of respect for this forum.

Meanwhile, welcome back Terry. I am glad you had a good time.

One more thing. I am embarrassed to be on the same side of the political aisle as you two meatheads.

• Members

Terry, sounds like a cool gig and a great weekend.

Now, if there was only such a thing as a canned hunt for tiresome forum interlopers (maybe I should say "hyenas") who have nothing useful to contribute.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by babablowfish

View Post

Hey Summer Breeze! and Duck Commander - Why don't you take your bull{censored} somewhere else. Terry is well-liked and respected on this forum; you two are neither. And this has nothing to do with politics; it has to do with your arrogance and lack of respect for this forum.

Meanwhile, welcome back Terry. I am glad you had a good time.

+1 (for heaven's sake!)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cripes

View Post

Summer Breeze, which I believe is a name for a woman's hygiene product, is beating a dead horse he enjoyed beating back in October, 2006.

Read the thread date folks.

ya, you've got to question the motives of a guy who resurrects a contentious thread that died 5 months agofreak.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived