Seriously, What's the cure for guitar GAS?

GAS Man

• Moderators

Originally posted by GAS Man

FENDER MIJ 60's FOTO FLAME STRATOCASTER W TEXAS SPECIAL P/U

FENDER STRATOCASTER DELUXE BAD BOY BLUE (Ash/Ebony FB)

YAMAHA RGX A2

I want these. :love:

I may want others, too, but I'd have to see pics. :D

I already have as much stuff as you, sadly, and I have more coming and/or am planning for more. :freak:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sure, I'll give you the nighthawk. I haven't played it in quite a while. It's tone was versatile but never quite there in any of its 10 modes.

*raises hands in the air waving them franticly, shoutng* ME, ME ,ME PICK ME all i want is a telecaster sir... pleeeeeaaaassse:wave:

• Members

I mean, I'm at 45 (edit: guitars) and still always drooling over a half dozen that I don't have.

I've got big charges on my MasterCard, and at least 2 revolving "no interest" store cards with sizable balances.

I've tried the 12 step program, but that only ends me up with twelve new pieces of gear.

Should I try hookers?
:freak:

45 is a lot. You'd be suprised at what you woulden't miss if you sold some.

Otherwise, the best advice I can give you is: STAY OFF OF THE INTERNET!

At least don't look at guitars on it.

• Members

Decide whether you are a collector or a player.

Which do you want to be remembered for?

Anybody can collect. Yes, it's possible for some to do both. But I can't. Not enough time in the day.

I wasted enough time and money searching for - I don't know what - a perfect guitar maybe? - when I had the few that I needed all along.

I got rid of ones that hadn't been out of the case in awhile. I have a lot more room in my studio now. I don't miss them at all. In fact, I feel better. Lighter.

And I don't waste my time lusting over gear that won't do a thing to improve my playing.

Since I've narrowed it down to 2 main ones I've become very familiar with them. They're starting to get worn spots from my playing them so much. My worn spots.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

This is what I would keep from the list:)

You wouldn't want the Squier Tele CustomII? That's an AWESOME {censored}ing guitar. Just bought one last week barely used for $100. best hunerd clams I ever spent!:thu: Bought it to modify, but since I've been playing it, I'm a-gonna leave it the way that it is!

• Members

Originally posted by Chris Gansz

You wouldn't want the Squier Tele CustomII? That's an AWESOME {censored}ing guitar. Just bought one last week barely used for $100. best hunerd clams I ever spent!
:thu:
Bought it to modify, but since I've been playing it, I'm a-gonna leave it the way that it is!

Yeah but he has so many other sweet guitars and higher end fenders that it just doesnt seem practical to keep one.

• Members

Originally posted by mmb

The cure for guitar GAS is debt collection and bankrupcy. Or medical bills.

True.

Even if I was to suddenly become rich I doubt that I would collect very many guitars anymore.

As I get a little older (and hopefully a little wiser) I'm trying to lighten my load. I really don't need a lot to be happy. Material things ain't shiat. Temporary happiness at the most.

So iow, I won't be spending 9K for a set of old 50's Gibson PAF pickups anytime soon. :freak:

• Members

As per Brian Krashpad, I am posting my list of guitars!

SX 57 Strat Vintage White

Agile AL2500 Amber finish, short horn

Agile AL2500 Quilt Blue finish, original horn

Agile AD2500 Amber finish

Douglas SH90NA humbucker model

Ibanez lawsuit LP 2351 Guild style headstock,set neck

Agile PS900 Tuxedo Black with white pup rings

Applause AE28 Elec/acoustic

Squier tele Custom II Blonde

Stagg RS500 Amber w/vibrato

Danelectro Innuendo twelve string Blueburst

Squier Standard Strat Metallic Purple

'68 Fender partscaster Tele (body by Warmoth)

Agile SG Supreme Blueburst

Gibson Blueshawk Blue w/gold hardware

Gibson SG Special Faded Cherry with half moon inlays

'90 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Cherry

'78 Gibson Les Paul Artisan Walnut finish

Sekova SG w/Bigsby loaded with Agile pups

Fender MIM Stratocaster Special Edition w/anodized pickguard Candy Apple Red Tex-Mex pickups

'68 re-issue Fender MIJ Stratocaster Sunburst

And a plethora of other assorted amps and gadgets.........

• Members

Here's what I would Keep. I don't know much about some of these and haven't played most of them but just for fun....

FENDER CUSTOM TELECASTER SPECIAL

FENDER 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE STRATOCASTER

GIBSON 335-DOT

GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO

JACKSON DK2S

MARTIN 00028EC

TAKAMINE JASMINE 12-STRING

These cover a ton of ground. They are all very different from each other. They are all you'll ever need. Rotating 7 guitars still gives you plenty of variety. Then with the money you have from selling the others you can get something really nice.....:evil:

• Members

Originally posted by Chris Gansz

As per Brian Krashpad, I am posting my list of guitars!

SX 57 Strat Vintage White

Agile AL2500 Amber finish, short horn

Agile AL2500 Quilt Blue finish, original horn

Agile AD2500 Amber finish

Douglas SH90NA humbucker model

Ibanez lawsuit LP 2351 Guild style headstock,set neck

Agile PS900 Tuxedo Black with white pup rings

Applause AE28 Elec/acoustic

Squier tele Custom II Blonde

Stagg RS500 Amber w/vibrato

Danelectro Innuendo twelve string Blueburst

Squier Standard Strat Metallic Purple

'68 Fender partscaster Tele (body by Warmoth)

Agile SG Supreme Blueburst

Gibson Blueshawk Blue w/gold hardware

Gibson SG Special Faded Cherry with half moon inlays

'90 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Cherry

'78 Gibson Les Paul Artisan Walnut finish

Sekova SG w/Bigsby loaded with Agile pups

Fender MIM Stratocaster Special Edition w/anodized pickguard Candy Apple Red Tex-Mex pickups

'68 re-issue Fender MIJ Stratocaster Sunburst

And a plethora of other assorted amps and gadgets.........

That's almost no help Chris, you've only got one more guitar than I do! And if I throw in the banjo, mando, and uke, I'm a couple ahead!

:(

BK

• Members

Originally posted by triton76

Here's what I would Keep. I don't know much about some of these and haven't played most of them but just for fun....

FENDER CUSTOM TELECASTER SPECIAL

FENDER 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE STRATOCASTER

GIBSON 335-DOT

GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO

JACKSON DK2S

MARTIN 00028EC

TAKAMINE JASMINE 12-STRING

These cover a ton of ground. They are all very different from each other. They are all you'll ever need. Rotating 7 guitars still gives you plenty of variety. Then with the money you have from selling the others you can get something really nice.....
:evil:

Like a new house!

• Members

unload those korean guitars.

then commit yourself to setting up and maintaining all of them

at around 14 guitars, I decided my roadstar probably won't intonate very well without an expensive fret job, plus it doesn't sound as good as my RG's.

I should sell it.

etc.

• Members

Originally posted by Jimi Ray Halen

Decide whether you are a collector or a player.

Which do you want to be remembered for?

Anybody can collect. Yes, it's possible for some to do both. But I can't. Not enough time in the day.

I wasted enough time and money searching for - I don't know what - a perfect guitar maybe? - when I had the few that I needed all along.

I got rid of ones that hadn't been out of the case in awhile. I have a lot more room in my studio now. I don't miss them at all. In fact, I feel better. Lighter.

And I don't waste my time lusting over gear that won't do a thing to improve my playing.

Since I've narrowed it down to 2 main ones I've become very familiar with them. They're starting to get worn spots from my playing them so much. My worn spots.

WOW.........words of wisdom my friend. I'm going to post these near my computer or something ( I'm not kidding ).

• Members

The cure for me is playing. Right now I'm gigging with 2 different bands, and lately it's been 2 or 3 gigs each week. I don't have time to research and buy gear, 'cause I'm busy working on songs with the band...

I have noticed, that when I'm down to one band, and it's only playing maybe once/month, I get GASSY again...

Archived