Roland Micro Cube Opinions

burton4snow

• Members

I just picked up a used one a couple of weeks ago. I am really surprised by how good it actually sounds for what it is. I haven't tried using my Pandora through it yet but I don't see why it wouldn't make a fine little practice setup.

-Ron

• Members

Originally posted by burton4snow

How is this amp. Heard the clean channel goes out after a while. Want to run a Pandora though it. Will this work well?

I love mine. I've had it for almost a year with no problems. I'm not sure what your saying about the clean channel though. It's not a multi-channel amp.

• Members
Originally posted by Plague

I love mine. My friend Doug loves his. Albert loves his. My brother loves his. My Dad loves his. My sisters boyfriend loves his.

Steve, Mike, the other Mike, Lenny, Myron all love the microcube. My son loves his. I hate because I don't have.

• Members

Played it at the store with because I wanted the try the hello kitty guitar.

The amp is on my list of things to buy before the summer is out. The guitar is not.

I'm from Wisconsin, but I go to school in Belgium, so I can see a lot of good reasons for getting it. Lot's of awesome tones if your willing to turn the knobs a bit. That's what knobs are for.

• Members

Hey Burton, here's a thought.

I already gave you a response in your "sister" thread, but consider this

Do you need to have it battery powered?

If the answer is "no",

Then forget both the DA5 and the MicroCube

Instead get a Vox Pathfinder 15.

It just occurred to me that in both threads you mention that you are going to get your DSP from your Pandora, so in that case you can get the 15W, 8" speaker Vox Pathfinder, which is cheaper than either, and get a much better sounding practice amp with a lot more headroom.

But if you need the DC, fugettaboutit.

• Members

It's great for what it is. Fun for jamming with someone else at low volumes, or with someone on an acoustic... But honestly, you don't really need an amp for practicing. Just play unplugged. I've never understood the idea behind a "practice" amp.

• Members

Originally posted by HRM

It's great for what it is. Fun for jamming with someone else at low volumes, or with someone on an acoustic... But honestly, you don't really need an amp for practicing. Just play unplugged. I've never understood the idea behind a "practice" amp.

because there are somethings you really wont get the full essence of without an amp, so you wont actually know if youre doing it correctly.

• Members

Originally posted by GAS Man

Hey Burton, here's a thought.

I already gave you a response in your "sister" thread, but consider this

Do you need to have it battery powered?

If the answer is "no",

Then forget both the DA5 and the MicroCube

Instead get a Vox Pathfinder 15.

It just occurred to me that in both threads you mention that you are going to get your DSP from your Pandora, so in that case you can get the 15W, 8" speaker Vox Pathfinder, which is cheaper than either, and get a much better sounding practice amp with a lot more headroom.

But if you need the DC, fugettaboutit.

Good advice, I greatly prefer the DA5 to the Microcube, but if battery powered portability is not a concern the Pathfinder is a better amp (and cheaper).

Archived