yeah Bbreaker left cuz of all the douchebags here

jjpistols

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

HC is an internet locker room for guitar players, most of them young (or young at heart, playing rock music, bar gigs, etc.). That is a culture of impropriety, posturing, bluster, crude speech, and with a high level of sexuality.

That's Guitar Jam :D

I remember when the threads around in EG weren't the same crap four times a day and you could actually get decent answers from knowledgeable members. The good ol' days...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by dewees

Know what? Bbreaker's just watching this thread and laughing his ass off. Maybe he'll be back when this thread dies.

:mad:

I'll bet he's writing a college term paper on us!

"When provided with a moderate amount of guitar pictures, the subjects became docile & would quietly groom themselves. After steadily increasing the dosage, I observed signs of agitation & paranoia in some, while others lapsed into a blissful stupor.

When all guitar pictures were suddenly withheld, the subjects turned upon one another & began to eat each other's tails."

• Members

Originally posted by wedgehed II

:mad:

I'll bet he's writing a college term paper on us!

"When provided with a moderate amount of guitar pictures, the subjects became docile & would quietly groom themselves. After steadily increasing the dosage, I observed signs of agitation & paranoia in some, while others lapsed into a blissful stupor.

When all guitar pictures were suddenly withheld, the subjects turned upon one another & began to eat each other's tails."

THAT's good. :D:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

If "society" is any indication, then deterioration in politeness is likely. Look at the slide from Victorian mores at the beginning of the 20th century to the acceptibility of crude rap and prison language as part of everyday speech today. Compare the films of the 1940's-50's to the films of today. Some of it may be censorship, but a lot of it is SELF-censorship...people having some sense of propriety (and place). ONce the domain of lockerrooms and bars ("speakeasies") crude speech is everywhere, and insults are common.

Unfortunately.

HC is an internet locker room for guitar players, most of them young (or young at heart, playing rock music, bar gigs, etc.). That is a culture of impropriety, posturing, bluster, crude speech, and with a high level of sexuality. Its the ART that comes out of that mix that makes playing rock guitar so damn interesting and FUN.

I can't argue with that, my man. But, it's too early to give up on politeness.

I have a fairly foul mouth, a sordid sense of humor, I've been in rock bands all of my life, and Scorsese and Tarantino are two of my favorite directors...but, it's one thing to make profanity and profane subjects "art" and another to just use and abuse on a dumbass electric guitar discussion board.

I don't know. I guess I'm a sensitive sissy.

If we only used all of our powers for GOOD! ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Irish Wolf

thank god we don't have to see those oversized pictures of his collection anymore. he posted those a gazillion times.

So were the pictures oversized or the collection?:confused: Oh and BTW who was forcing you to view them?

When Rodney Dangerfield said he got "no respect" people laughed. And as long as they laughed he kept sayin' it. For those who thought the schtick had run it's course, they stopped laughing or stopped watching. They didn't start heckling him though.

• Members

Originally posted by axegrinder

So were the pictures oversized or the collection?
:confused:
Oh and BTW who was forcing you to view them?

Well when you click on a link it usualy doesn't say "Warning, people that don't know how to scale down pictures to less obnoxious levels have posted in this thread"

While no one MAKES anyone view them, not a lot of people willingly do so.

• Members

Originally posted by RudeMood

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=18364721#post18364721

I'll wait here to see your apology.

:wave:

Don't know much about the guy, but if that is a thread proving his worthiness.. I am not impressed.

Esp the condescending pretentious banter like....

There are numerous vapid threads on this forum.

This isn't one of them.

If many forumites read about gear; blue book values and music history, this place wouldn't be so insipid.

Aside from a few forumites, I think I'm dumbing myself down reading the {censored} posted here.

I'm really {censored}in' tired of the culture here.

Bye juvenilles.

He sounds like the very people he is complaining about.

*shrug*

Having said that I have nothing against him. Just an unbiased opinion from what I read.

• Moderators

Originally posted by Pigsinzen

Don't know much about the guy, but if that is a thread proving his worthiness.. I am not impressed.

Esp the condescending pretentious banter like....

He sounds like the very people he is complaining about.

*shrug*

Having said that I have nothing against him. Just an unbiased opinion from what I read.

Somtimes Pigs, you spout some very sensible stuff:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by wedgehed II

I'm sorry, but this is much ado about nothing.

I thought the "dick quotient" on the thread in question was relatively low for HC. Some of you are acting like the douchebag was just invented.

What happened to the good ole days when anyone who got out of line found themselves bitch-slapped for distance thru the void of cyberspace?

Now we have forum veterens fleeing for friendlier pastures in order to establish a congregation of the righteous.

What do you think you are,
pilgrims?

Shut up, play yer guitar, & grow some gnads.

:wave:

..and we have a winner! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by DracoAran

Definitely never held back in posting a picture. Ever. Requested or not. Related or not. Would even start a thread if a certain amount of time had gone by without an opportunity to do a show and tell.

To me and my wife it seemed immature, but I never antagonized because it seemed to make people happy.

Regardless, he would have been a lot more valuable if he had shown the same interest in helping others with such dedication. And I mean dedication. This gentleman was committed when it came to showing his stuff.

Don't ever post a picture of your equipment or I will label you "immature":mad:

• Members

Originally posted by IKE

I consider it a privilege to view Bbreaker's guitars, they are part of our history as musicians. You can't walk into every guitar shop on the block and get to see guitars like that and I consider Bbreaker to be an genuine asset to this board.

+1

Well stated, IKE.

Hey, Lou... come on back. Most of us appreciate you and your collection, and those of us that do know you work hard for a living. You have a right to show some of the fruits of all your labor. If there are some jealous people on the board, put 'em on your ignore list, and hang with those of us who appreciate you.

:thu:

Archived