yeah Bbreaker left cuz of all the douchebags here

jjpistols

• Members

Originally posted by aliensporebomb

I used to live vicariously thru his posts in some ways

"I wonder what it would be like to have a doubleneck?

I wonder what it would be like to have a tele and that

amp? I wonder what that strat plays like, oh wow,

look at that". It was fun.

The only negative side of that whole seen is that

tuning all of those guitars must take a lot of time.

he should set up something with the Mazi Bee Militia where members can come and restring a guitar or two at a time :D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, the guy has a hell of a collection. I think he'd be appreciated more on a "vintage guitars" forum somewhere.

But, I do think he liked showing off a bit much. Remember the ~3 months or so of "Bbreaker's Guitar of the Day for mm-dd-yyyy" Threads? Or the "Do you know your credit score? Mine is over 800, Seriously" thread.

It is just that for a guy in his mid-late 50s, I didn't understand why he worked so hard to impress (or show off, if you want to look at it that way) a bunch of anonymous fools/jerks/douchbags (and I include myself in this) on a messageboard.

When I'm in my 50's, I sure as hell won't be hanging out here.

• Members

Never judge a guy until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

If I had devoted so much time so passionately and amassed such a collection and as BBreaker I would like showing it off or sharing it too. It's no different than tycoons who open museums showcasing their collections whether they be cars or airplanes...does that make them immature? Part of the fun is witnessing the reaction of those around you. Now if he never let his own personal friends touch his gear, then that would be a different thing.

In any population there are most of us who reside near the middle of the bell curve. BBreaker was one of the guys out near the edge. The world needs people like that.

Our loss. :(

• Members

Originally posted by axegrinder

If I had devoted so much time so passionately and amassed such a collection and as BBreaker I would like showing it off or sharing it too. It's no different than tycoons who open museums showcasing their collections whether they be cars or airplanes...does that make them immature? Part of the fun is witnessing the reaction of those around you. Now if he never let his own personal friends touch his gear, then that would be a different thing.

In any population there are most of us who reside near the middle of the bell curve. BBreaker was one of the guys out near the edge. The world needs people like that.

Our loss.
:(

+1

I miss those gits.... :(

• Members

Originally posted by TheMadMonk

It is just that for a guy in his mid-late 50s, I didn't understand why he worked so hard to impress (or show off, if you want to look at it that way) a bunch of anonymous fools/jerks/douchbags (and I include myself in this) on a messageboard.

Probably for the same reason some young guy shoves his new baby pictures in everyone's faces at work. He was proud of them.

Without his pics you'd think the oldest guitar owned here is some '05 Epi Elitist. Ok that's an exaggeration, but In this HC sea of Agile's and Ibanez, his old Gibson's are a welcome site.

• Members

Originally posted by axegrinder

Our loss.
:(

That was pretty well put..I have been collecting guitars for years myself although my collection is nowhere near Bbreakers. I have a 20-year old son that plays too and when I drag out an old vintage piece to show him, his eyes light up like a Christmas tree as I show it to him and tell him about it, those are times when I think that they were well worth saving and showing. I consider it a privilege to view Bbreaker's guitars, they are part of our history as musicians. You can't walk into every guitar shop on the block and get to see guitars like that and I consider Bbreaker to be an genuine asset to this board.

IKE

• Members

Originally posted by IKE

That was pretty well put..I have been collecting guitars for years myself although my collection is nowhere near Bbreakers. I have a 20-year old son that plays too and when I drag out an old vintage piece to show him, his eyes light up like a Christmas tree as I show it to him and tell him about it, those are times when I think that they were well worth saving and showing. I consider it a privilege to view Bbreaker's guitars, they are part of our history as musicians. You can't walk into every guitar shop on the block and get to see guitars like that and I consider Bbreaker to be an genuine asset to this board.

IKE

+1000

• Members

I like Bbreaker and, Lord knows, I like looking at beautiful guitars...but dammit, the man needed to douche ocassionally!

There! I've said it & I'll stand by it.

Seriously, oldtimers like Bbreaker, JJ, OFG, etc., should eat the punks alive rather than bug out.

There! I said that & I'll stand by it.

• Members

Man that sucks.. I always liked looking at the cool stuff BB had, I never saw it as showing off.. More sharing.

Like a buddy of mine who lent me his Nocaster, has a huge collection.. He just handed it to me one day 'hey man, I think you'll like this, take it home, enjoy it, play it'.. He shares cos he can..

• Members
Originally posted by Mr.Mow

Man that sucks.. I always liked looking at the cool stuff BB had, I never saw it as showing off.. More sharing.

Like a buddy of mine who lent me his Nocaster, has a huge collection.. He just handed it to me one day 'hey man, I think you'll like this, take it home, enjoy it, play it'.. He shares cos he can..

Now that's a cool friend! I once gave a friend that was down on his luck a MIM standard strat because he was guitarless, but it's not the same as trusting someone with a Nocaster:cool:

• Members

This forum has a ton of bull{censored}. Personality cults, brand worship and hate, people talking {censored}, too many experts on guitars and not enough experts on playing them. That said, {censored} it! I can't see why bbreaker needs to take {censored} personally. The bottom line is take what you need and leave the rest. I know who I consider to be a douchebags and I'm sure I've made the douchebag list of others. Whatever. I still find this site entertaining and even educational at times.

• Members

Originally posted by markas214

This forum has a ton of bull{censored}. Personality cults, brand worship and hate, people talking {censored}, too many experts on guitars and not enough experts on playing them. That said, {censored} it! I can't see why bbreaker needs to take {censored} personally. The bottom line is take what you need and leave the rest. I know who I consider to be a douchebags and I'm sure I've made the douchebag list of others. Whatever. I still find this site entertaining and even educational at times.

+1

It sucks that the people who cause the most trouble here seem to know the least about guitar playing-- usually. Then there are those who feel they are so superior that they can get away with an asshole attitude, and that sucks for those of us who enjoy peaceful discussion of what we all love, the {censored}ing guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

scratches 'markas214' on his douche list. Cross references him on his over-reactor list.
:thu:
Sarcasm trap activated. Balls.

You know I will be the first to admit I can be as big of an asshole as anyone, my wife often reminds me of that, but I will say I never hold grudges, especially cyber ones. Bbreaker has a great collection. I hope he comes back on. No matter how contentious things get around here it is still fun. Sometimes the infighting breaks the monoteny of Agile vs Gibson vs Fender vs high price/low price, USA/Asia arguments.

• Members

It amazes me how so many people, young and old, all with the same interests in common (guitars) can gather in one place (here) and still have to argue and be rude to each other. I suppose that is what the Internet breeds.

Perhaps it's a product of overpopulation and that need people have to be noticed. Some require more attention than others, people are different. And like a misbehaving child, to some, bad attention is better than no attention at all. That is my diagnosis... no charge. :wave:

• Members

Ouch. That is so HARSH. I am in my 50's. Where am I supposed to be? If being here is not good, where should I be? Where do YOU plan to be when you're in your 50's?

I mean, you say you won't be hanging out here, ok. But what will you be doing, instead? Let me know, quick. There may still be time for me to relocate, or reallocate my time, or switch gears, or whatever.

Should I be watching more TV? Should I be down at the bar? Practicing, working, vacationing in Aruba?

• Members

Originally posted by guitarNed

Ouch. That is so HARSH. I am in my 50's. Where am I supposed to be? If being here is not good, where should I be? Where do YOU plan to be when you're in your 50's?

I mean, you say you won't be hanging out here, ok. But what will you be doing, instead? Let me know, quick. There may still be time for me to relocate, or reallocate my time, or switch gears, or whatever.

Should I be watching more TV? Should I be down at the bar? Practicing, working, vacationing in Aruba?

the last one :o

• Members

I hope I die before I get old.....

pete_townshend.jpg

And here's to Bbreaker:

01GibsonHistoric60TVLPSpecials.jpg

Should people avoid posting pics from thier collections? Does it upset people around here?

• Members

He's been "gone," what about a week? The guy was one of the good ones, but really......it's a forum for god sakes. In the giant scheme of things does it really make a difference. My wife still loves me, my son is still bad as {censored}, my amp will turn on tomorrow, Alchemist will throw another jam up on Monday and I still don't have enough room for that many guitars......it will be OK.

If he feels this site has nothing more to offer....or he has nothing more to offer this site then so be it..........I'll wake up tomorrow and mow my lawn, hug my boy, kiss my wife, watch college ball and rock the {censored} out of my basement regardless if Bbreaker is showing me a ton of guitars I'll never own or not.

• Moderators

Originally posted by wedgehed II

I like Bbreaker and, Lord knows, I like looking at beautiful guitars...but dammit, the man needed to douche ocassionally!

There! I've said it & I'll stand by it.

Seriously, oldtimers like Bbreaker, JJ, OFG, etc., should eat the punks alive rather than bug out.

There! I said
that
& I'll stand by it.

I would like to second these rational sentiments....and stand next to The Wedge

• Members

Originally posted by Sonnilon

What's all the "douchebaggery" around here? Aside from myself, I can't think of many assholes on here?
:confused:

It would be very rewarding if it was me driving everyone away.
:rolleyes:

Hey! What about me? I'm a first class prick! :mad:

...and I also post a pic at the drop of a hat! :p

IMG_0020.jpg

;)

I crack myself up! :D

Archived