The (insert your name here) custom plugin suite

So imagine you are a mega successful engineer, and some plugin company offered to make a signature bundle with your name on it - any ten plugins you want.

They don't all have to come from one company. They don't even have to exist - if you have a mental concept of an "ideal" plugin you'd want developed and put out with your name on it, please tell us about it! :)

What plugins would you include in the bundle?

Oh, and "in" first with a "talent plugin." ;)

• Moderators

LEEPAK

I'd include the Massey CT4 compressor and call it TEH LEE. :)

Also I'd go with Massey's L2007 Mastering Limiter and call it TEH LEE TRACK LIMITER (it's not just for master buss any more, a dab 'ill do ya)

Vocal Align and call it LEE's Prefect Backups

Sound Toy's Echo Boy and call it LEE LEE LEE

Massey's Tape plug and call it FURRY LEE

Melodyne and call it AlisonK4aDay

Waves ConvoVerb and call it PICK AN IR

HarBal as a plugin and call it RESONANCE-FREE-LEE

A good sounding plug version of the -10/+10 20ms-40ms spead trick and call it SPARE A DIME TAKE YOUR TIME

The DigiVerb Ambience Setting and call it ITain'tNATURALandSHOULDn'tSOUNDgreatBUTitDOESerBOX

DigiIII EQ7 called the LEE-Q

• Members

Don't have any cool names but some of my go to plugs are

Digi EQ3

Smack!

Waves IRL

Massey L2007

Waves H-Comp

Sound Toys Devil Loc

Digi/Air Strike!

McDSP Analog Channel

McDSP ML4000

Waves Renn Vox

Think that about covers it. I think lol.

Sound Toys Devil Loc

I liked the sound of it a lot, but it has been giving me problems on my PC. It seems to confuse the free and paid versions, and is past the "trial" of both, even though I'm registered, downloaded the authorization to my iLok, etc.

I keep meaning to call them, but keep forgetting. :o

• Moderators

Oh... I almost forgot a crucial plug from the LEEPAK. By combining a DIGI III EQ 3 into the fast setting on the Massey limiter with fast release and adjustable threshhold to shave peaks, then into the slow attack Massey CT4 compressor then retain the selectable release, then into a DIGIII EQ 7, keeping all input and out and bypass control per module to set unity gain, all in one channel strip plug, you have...

La Sauce Secr

• Members

A VSTi that could could emulate that beautiful phantom power overloading ripping sound my Fast Track sometimes decides to do. With seperate controls for Frequency, CRAP, Come-On-I-Restarted0-the-Computer. Output is set at whatever volume will make you {censored} your pants.

• Members

Teh Box of Gubu

Massey L2007

Massey CT4

Massey Listen

Massey HR Meter

Amplitube (yes I'm completely serious)

Altverb

Waves RComp

Waves REQ

Waves S1 Imager (with a 'spread' slider that only goes up to 1.3 ;))

Some kind of gain matching plug for A/Bing raw stereo files and post processing when I'm, ahem, 'mastering'! :lol:

Is that 10? I can't think of many more that I ever bother with TBH...

A VSTi that could could emulate that beautiful phantom power overloading ripping sound my Fast Track sometimes decides to do. With seperate controls for Frequency, CRAP, Come-On-I-Restarted0-the-Computer. Output is set at whatever volume will make you {censored} your pants.

:lol: I had Avid's version of that for a while - I believe it was called Pro Tools 8.0

White Noise Bursts FTL.

• Members

I'm not sure if I could deal with a knob. Can we make it a switch? A basic two position "mix sux / mix rox" switch would be perfect.
;):D

SUK: Output = Max Output * Sin(suk*Input)/Sin(Minimum(suk*Max Input,pi/2)) (Bypassed if suk = 0)

suk = suckiness parameter, suk = 0 no added suck, suk = 1000 (insert name of current favorite worst band ever)

• Members

My plugin pack would be fairly modest, lower cost bundle with just basic tools to get the job done.

channel plugs

Voxengo Voxformer

Voxengo Tempo Delay

Voxengo lampthruster

Antares Auto Tune

Perfect Space reverb

Classic Chorus

Mastering plugs

Harbal

Optimum Basslane

Waves Multiband Limiter

Waves L2

Think that covers most of the basic tools I'd need to scratch something decent out.

Archived