Your Favourite Guitar Picks

Megadeth Man

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fender 351 premium celluloid heavy. I bought about a gross a year ago and i've used maybe 10 in the past year, so i'm stuck with them for awhile.

i'm thinking about trying some new picks, namley the jazz-shaped pics and picks with grips.

FYI, for bass I like to use the Fender 346 style heavy classic celluloids, though I play about 90% finger style/slap bass and about 10% with a pick, usually only for those ultra heavy/fast phrases.

• Members

I use Dunlop Nylon .88mm..

mipick.jpg

They last forever and don't fall out of my hand. I used Planet Waves Delrin picks before, but I wore those out too fast.

I don't like celluloid picks, but I'll play with one if I have to. I'm real picky about the size, too. I don't like anything other than .88mm. I'll go to a .73mm if I absolutely have to, but I won't be happy about it.

• Members
Originally posted by DonK

I alternate between Wegen a 2.5mm "Twin" (jazz size pick) and these:

baby_fat_poly.jpg

baby_fat_delrin.jpg

They're Fred Kelly Babyfat picks - about the size of a Dunlop Jazz III, but thicker, about 2mm. The first one is Lexan, the same stuff Dunlop Stubbies are made from, the second is Delrin.

Now I'm interested. Dealer in Europe??

• Members

Fender mediums...and I just got three dozen of the Fender 60th anniversary medium picks and they seem a tad bit stiffer than the regular mediums. Not a heavy though. I really like them and I've been buying up as many of them on Ebay as I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived