Uh-oh...late for the housewarming?

Anderton

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We could use some more thunder...at least some rain. Good grief...everything is drying up. The usual Kansas City summer drought.

Jotown, you play in St. Clair? The only places that used to be there in the old days were the St. Clair Inn (that place used to be a horrible drag to play...the golf shirt and "Please Release Me" crowd) or Burkhart's bar (that was the one on the corner just north of the drawbridge). That was a total cement floor redneck bar.

Ahhh...boat night. The best night in Port Huron. Haven't been up there in awhile for boat night. Were you gigging there? They've changed the names of all the clubs on the river, pretty much. But I've got a lot of gigging buddies in that town.

• Members

I'm already late to the party.

Could someone pass me a blueberry muffin? Where's the milk? :confused:

Originally posted by Japetus

Sweet...welcome. What do you do for a living. What gear do you use?

I'm not going to pretend to be able to answer this question for Craig, but as he may not be here for a while, here's a short summary.

Craig's been writing for magazines aimed at musicians for several decades. His "Electronic projects for musicians" book is one of the only ubiquitous books in our little niche industry (Along with Dan Erlewine's guitar repair books and the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement book in Pro Audio Circles.)

He is, perhaps, the first call for equipment reviews of keyboard, music software, and other MI retail products because of his reputation for really fleshing out the features, pluses and negatives of a product.

In addition, he's written or edited manuals for the gear manufacturers.

And, he's a darn good musician, too. ;)

I'm sure Craig can fill in any details of what he uses. The list has shrunk lately as he had a moving sale that had to be perused to be believed. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by valkyriesound

Wait... did I read that correctly? Craig: You're moving to New Mexico??

Yah! Now you can come visit us in LA more often, right?
:D

Ms. Valky

That and he probably won't see another Hurricane blowing his neighborhood apart.

After last year (being at ground zero for at least two hurricanes), I'd be worried that the hurricanes are going to follow me to NM if I was you Craig... I think they like you or something. ;)

Seriously, congrats on the new digs Craig - virtual and physical. :cool:

And Valky's right - now that you're closer, you'll have to come out for the annual west coast BBQ's. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

If'n you Detroit folks have a gathering, let me know. I get up that way from time to time. I'm originally from Port Huron.

I used to play in Port Huron area all the time back in the 70's. Always stayed at the Blue Water Bridge Motel! Played Viking Lanes in Marysville a lot and also Lee's Garage in Port Huron until it burnt down.

many, many years ago....

• Members

Thanks for the coffee, muffins, and fruit. Yup, I got here late Monday, the place is a disaster, the movers broke just about everything EXCEPT for my studio...I had the presence of mind to schlep it myself in a U Haul. Probably the best decision I ever made :)

To answer misc. questions...

Yes, New Mexico -- Santa Fe and staying here for a least a while. Didn't come here to avoid the hurricanes, it's more like coming home I lived here for a while just before my daughter was born. It's a special place and a great cultural vibe. My house is backed up against the Sangre de Cristo mountains with a beautiful view of the sunset !!

Phil, I'm on temp dial up but broadband is forthcoming.

For anyone who wants an excruciatingly long and boring bio to find out all the stuff I've done over the years, surf on over to http://www.craiganderton.com. And yes, it IS true that I once played a bit part in an Italian detective movie, as well as played Carnegie Hall...

As to the gear I use, it's a whole bunch o' stuff that will become obvious as I post more. I'm a huge fan of Paul Reed Smith guitars, the Peavey DPM-3 keyboard, Panasonic DA7 mixer, Sonar, Reason, Creamware's SCOPE system, homemade computers, Windows XP and Mac OS X, hardware controllers...the list goes on.

• Members

Originally posted by SweetSound

I used to play in Port Huron area all the time back in the 70's. Always stayed at the Blue Water Bridge Motel! Played Viking Lanes in Marysville a lot and also Lee's Garage in Port Huron until it burnt down.

many, many years ago....

Dude! What band were you in? I remember Toby Redd being one of the main draws at Lee's Garage...but there were others, AirTight (whose bassist, Dave Kiswiney, played with Nugent for a bit) as well as others. I played there in that building which was after the Garage closed...they turned it into an arcade. Are you sure it was the Garage that burned (can't remember)? Boardwalk did, as did the Reef (they had bands there for awhile). When the Reef burned it took all of some friends of mine's equipment with it. :(

I've played Viking Lanes a few times. They always were switching formats in those days...they'd get a couple rock bands that didn't draw, so they'd switch to country...by that time the rock fans heard the word and showed up, only to find a country band playing...so they'd leave...and on and on.

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

Dude! What band were you in? I remember Toby Redd being one of the main draws at Lee's Garage...but there were others, AirTight (whose bassist, Dave Kiswiney, played with Nugent for a bit) as well as others. I played there in that building which was after the Garage closed...they turned it into an arcade. Are you sure it was the Garage that burned (can't remember)? Boardwalk did, as did the Reef (they had bands there for awhile). When the Reef burned it took all of some friends of mine's equipment with it.
:(

I've played Viking Lanes a few times. They always were switching formats in those days...they'd get a couple rock bands that didn't draw, so they'd switch to country...by that time the rock fans heard the word and showed up, only to find a country band playing...so they'd leave...and on and on.

I remember Toby Redd

• Members

Originally posted by steadyb

Hey, is anyone gonna finish that Sausage Mc Muffin???

And what happened to the grapes I put down right over
there
???

Thanks for the reminder! Er.. no, I didn't take your grapes. But I did bring my own to work and almost forgot about 'em! (Grapes taste much better to me when they're cool or cold.)

Archived