Uh-oh...late for the housewarming?

Anderton

• Members

Originally posted by Base

I've brought cake! Well, actually it's more of a pudding. Black pudding (I need an evil maniacal laugh smiley, I really do)...

blackpuddingl.jpg

Go on, try some...
:D

TRY IT!!!!!
:mad::D

Why don't you just offer us your Spotted Dick?

How about some Blancmange?

blancmange-thing.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Craig, I envy you. I lived in Albuquerque for five years and spent many a weekend up in Santa Fe. You're correct, the cultural vibe there is excellent; got your 7,000-ft lungs back yet? ;)

My favorite restaurant there was La Casa Sena, hope they're still open (I still cherish a cookbook they published years ago). Since that's home for you, are you a fellow chile-head? Didn't know that about you!

The Sweetie and I are planning a ski trip next winter to Albuquerque/Sandia, Pajarito/Los Alamos, possibly Taos and the Santa Fe ski area, might try to hook up for a drink (if you're in town!).

You scared me a minute, from your first post I thought you were moving to Clovis! (although, with the base on the BRAC list, you probably coulda picked up a house... cheep!).

Enjoy the culture, the chile, the lightning storms (hope you've got some good arrestors for your studio :eek: ) and the snow; really, I envy you a lot!

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

Dude! What band were you in? I remember Toby Redd being one of the main draws at Lee's Garage...but there were others, AirTight (whose bassist, Dave Kiswiney, played with Nugent for a bit) as well as others. I played there in that building which was after the Garage closed...they turned it into an arcade. Are you sure it was the Garage that burned (can't remember)? Boardwalk did, as did the Reef (they had bands there for awhile). When the Reef burned it took all of some friends of mine's equipment with it.
:(

I've played Viking Lanes a few times. They always were switching formats in those days...they'd get a couple rock bands that didn't draw, so they'd switch to country...by that time the rock fans heard the word and showed up, only to find a country band playing...so they'd leave...and on and on.

Wow it depends what year :)

In the early-mid 70's it was a band called Vancoot pretty much a straight ahead rock n roll band, mid - late 70's it was Morning Star Rock, Prog Rock, hell even some disco! early 80's Zooster, Rock n Roll.

There was also a place in the early 80's across the bridge in Sarnia called Spangles we used to play.

When Lee's burnt down a friend of mine's band was playing there they were called Moriah (sp?) they lost just about everything except the guitars they had with them at home.

Coming from the west side suburbs of Detroit it was a long ride but we played up that way quite often, back in the day.

• Members

Heh heh heh....

It's like going on vacation and returning to a new house! :D

I'm back from my cross-island road trip and still all in one piece (thankfully). I'm a bit late for the house-warming myself, but I don't think anyone missed me that badly, right? :p

Alas, it's time to go check out the new neighborhood. I'll be around later, I'm sure.

Cheers!

a road-weary Spencer

Archived