New singer for VH announced

Guitslinger

• Members

Original bassist Michael Anthony will not be a part of the reunion. Late last year he was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.

They finally come around on the Dave thing, and then they do this :rolleyes: stupid. Just do it right once, just once, then call it over once and for all.

• Members

Anthony has joined up with Sammy Hagar.

So why not see if Ed's son can hold the bottom end down.

There are other sons out there like Jason Bonham, Dweezil Zappa, Julian & Sean Lennon and Zakk Starr. Even Arlo Guthrie living in his father's folky shadow. I'm sure there's more. And it's gotta make poppa proud to look across the stage and see his kid has a job. Because he's probably a long hair and good for nothing else.

• Members

I heard from a friend of a friend (who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground) that Michael Anthony is out 'cause he was too tight with Sammy. Whether this is true or not- I haven't a clue. But I do remember reading somewhere (Sammy's book?) that Michael was considered nothing more than a studio musician by the VH bros. in those "dark days". Too bad, because he kicked some serious ass.

• Members

Eddie was on Stern a couple of months ago. Howard asked about reuniting with the old guys.

On Dave and Sammy, he basically said "Who knows, maybe some day". When he asked about MA, it was "He's too busy making salsa these days", whatever that means.

In other words, he has major problem with Michael for whatever reason.

• Members

No doubt because Ed's been treating him like hired help for years, same as Sammie. At least that's the gist of what I've been seeing here and elsewhere.

Not that I give a rat's ass, frankly.

BK

I'm with ya. I read an artice about manager Ray Danniels (Alex VH's bro-in-law) about when he was trying to get the job as VH's manager. Sammy was against him and Michael sided with Sammy. That was the beginning of the end for MA. It's also been said that Anthony doesn't get a full pay share like the VH brothers and no royalty money.

It's pretty stupid. MA's backup vocals and bass playing really define much of VH's sound. I agree with Tatooed Carrot in that they just need to reuinte once and do it right, after that they can go out in a blaze of glory.

Wolfie may be good but I don't really care. They should have the entire original group for a real reunion, not something half assed. To me it won't be the same without Michael Anthony.

• Members

I'm with ya. I read an artice about manager Ray Danniels (Alex VH's bro-in-law) about when he was trying to get the job as VH's manager. Sammy was against him and Michael sided with Sammy. That was the beginning of the end for MA. It's also been said that Anthony doesn't get a full pay share like the VH brothers and no royalty money.

It's pretty stupid. MA's backup vocals and bass playing really define much of VH's sound. I agree with Tatooed Carrot in that they just need to reuinte once and do it right, after that they can go out in a blaze of glory.

Wolfie may be good but I don't really care. They should have the entire original group for a real reunion, not something half assed. To me it won't be the same without Michael Anthony.

Agree 100%, so +1.

I saw VH with DLR and SH. On the Monsters of Rock tour, Sammy lost his voice and Michael sang out the rest of the set. He was amazing -- did a version of Zeppelin's Rock and Roll that was out of this world. I always thought he should be the singer for VH. His voice is a part of the sound, as much as Eddie's playing.

Archived