oops.... NGD!

sh944

• Members
I'll try to post some more pics later, but after spending time this evening appeasing my wife for VD, I'm not gonna stay here too long, as I have a new guitar to play! I haven't pulled to PU's to see if they are PAF's or not, but it has a bit less output and a smoother sound than my '67 SG, so I am crossing my fingers that they are. I've had several PAF equipped SG's before, and they've never been as hot as the later pickups. The biggest difference between this and the '61's I've owned is that this one stays in tune MUCH better. I should have known better, since I have owned my '63 SG TV for years, and its been a stalwart in the lineup. The neck is definitely different between the '62 Standard (slim and wide) and the '63 SG TV (meaty/chunkier).

It plays like a dream, and I'm already convinced this is a permanent part of the collection. The funny part of the whole thing is that I could almost swear the guitar is saying "thank god, I *finally* get to be played after being stashed in a closet all my life!". I told my wife that, and now she's making me swear off energy drinks...

I know Andy didn't have any particular attachments to the guitar, but I think its time it gets used.
:)
Its like I took a time machine back to '62, and picked up a new guitar. It has the original tag, by the way.

As for cost, I had offered him $6500, and he took $4500 for it. After we did the deal, he told me that if I had offered him $500 for it when I first saw it, he'd have taken it. This purchase finished off the rest of my discretionary funds for the year, according to my wife, unless I want to sell a toy or two or go without sex for a LONG time! lol

'nuff typing, time to shred...

Regards, ...Scott

shoulda listened to that little devil on your shoulder

• Members

When the LP's were reintroduced in 1968 were they all "Deluxe" models, with mini humbuckers, or were there also Customs and Standards?

There was a full line, I believe. I know for a fact that there was the Custom as they reissue it and I believe Randy Rhoads had used one.

• Members

First, lemme just say that YOU SUCK!

Now, then...

It's nice to see an honest guy get rewarded for being honest. I remember a thread a few months back where some loser was scamming an old lady out of her retirement fund.. He technically wasn't doing anything wrong, but he sure wasn't doing anything right either. Total opposite here with you and Andy. I applaud you! =)

• Members

Hey Pete, you're welcome at the house anytime, just say the word. Come when its warmer and I'll see if I can't tempt you into getting another P-car as well. I have my 951 up to around 400hp now, and you'd love it. Also, a buddy of mine just got an S2 that was the same color as yours.

Thanks for the kind words, y'all! I'll try to come up with a good song for Andy and will post it when I get done. More pix will be posted next week, but I am heading out to the race in FL and won't get a chance before I leave in the morning.

Regards, ...Scott

• Members

Hey Pete, you're welcome at the house anytime, just say the word. Come when its warmer and I'll see if I can't tempt you into getting another P-car as well. I have my 951 up to around 400hp now, and you'd love it. Also, a buddy of mine just got an S2 that was the same color as yours.

Thanks for the kind words, y'all! I'll try to come up with a good song for Andy and will post it when I get done. More pix will be posted next week, but I am heading out to the race in FL and won't get a chance before I leave in the morning.

Regards, ...Scott

I'll try to get out that way maybe this summer if all goes well.

Forget the P-car though. I spent too much on gear!!

The guy that bought my S2 says it's running better than ever and he's never selling it.

You can take me for a ride in the 951 and scare the hell outta me though!!

Archived