NGD!! I am home and it is SWEET!!! POT O GOLD!!

FUBTAG

• Members

Hardware that is!!! :thu:

Lentine ROCKS.. though they suck at packing :cry:

First -- the box only had a piece of styrofoam (like from an air conditioner box) and the guitar in it's gig bag.. VERY SCARY!!!! the box was even OPEN! ok ok .... now the guitar...

Strat-012.jpg

back-1.jpg

body2.jpg

head.jpg

First impressions... FEELS GREAT!! It is grimey and in need of some TLC.. but all the plastic covering is still intact, there are no dings on the guitar at all.. I love the grain!!

The neck feels real nice... Not so much different from my strat now. With a little set up, this could EASILY be my number 1.5 .. or even a recording axe depending how the noiseless p'ups sound. I will hopefully get a chance to plug it in this weekend (after cleaning it and setting it up.. and oh yeah -- celebratin' my irish!!!) and let you guys know how it sounds....

• Members

I've often been tempted by that guitar.

I like the concept of the flatter fretboard, bigger frets and the button to allow the neck pup, IIRC, to engage with the others.

I want to get that pup switch done as a mod to my Nashville Tele. I'm surprised they don't make them stock with that feature as they do on the Deluxe Player.

Hopefully, I'll catch your sound check review later.

• Members
Don't start with me!!
:mad:

:D

I paid $420 at GC with a 20% coupon!!

And I was happy......
:(

:D

Great deal!!

NONO -- starting??? haha

Seriously... this is a great axe ESPECIALLY for what I paid for it. yes -- it's dirty.. but I would clean it anyway!!

oh yeah -- and there was a 10' Proco Cable in the gig bag as well... like they took it from the amp the guitar was being checked out on.... cool!!

• Members

Fub, where did you buy that? It looks pretty incredibly for the $$.

Got it from Lentine Music..... Someone posted it during the day on Monday. and this week was the week the bonuses at work come in so I just went ahead and pulled that trigger.

• Members

Thanks guys.. been noodling on it all night... I have to stabilize the trem (not a big twang bar guy) and intonate it.. but it plays just as nicely as my Baby Blue.

I was wondering if anyone buys a block that fits the cavity to block the trem. I usually find something to just block it up, but I want to try something different.

• Members

Got it from Lentine Music..... Someone posted it during the day on Monday. and this week was the week the bonuses at work come in so I just went ahead and pulled that trigger.

That was me that posted. I am waiting for mine. I have this sinking feeling I waited too long to pull the trigger (was waiting for my Std Strat to sell). Nice guitar! I hope mine turns up! I got an order confirmnation but you know how that goes.

• Members

That was me that posted. I am waiting for mine. I have this sinking feeling I waited too long to pull the trigger (was waiting for my Std Strat to sell). Nice guitar! I hope mine turns up! I got an order confirmnation but you know how that goes.

Lentine isn't all that good with communication... give them a call and they can tell you. You don't get shipment confirmation or anything from them, other than the order confirmation. It came from Ohio... Since mine came today... yours may be affected by the weather. Unless you ordered it later in the week....

• Members
Thanks guys.. been noodling on it all night... I have to stabilize the trem (not a big twang bar guy) and intonate it.. but it plays just as nicely as my Baby Blue.

I was wondering if anyone buys a block that fits the cavity to block the trem. I usually find something to just block it up, but I want to try something different.

I have the same guitar with a rosewood neck (although I paid $420 and thought it was a good deal :mad: )

Anyway, I just added a 4th spring and tightened the claw a bit and it is as stable as can be. No movement when bending strings but I can still use the trem.

• Members
Great looking strat. I am currently a big fan of MIM Fenders. They have never been better!

I have ALWAYS been a fan of MIM -- my other strat is from the late 80's.. and still going strong, though recently modded it a bit ..
1pickguard.jpg

Sometime in the late 90's I sanded down the back of the neck and finished it with neutral shoe polish -- and it feels like a dream! This new one has close to the same feel... close to perfection for me.

• Members
I have the same guitar with a rosewood neck (although I paid $420 and thought it was a good deal
)

Anyway, I just added a 4th spring and tightened the claw a bit and it is as stable as can be. No movement when bending strings but I can still use the trem.

The Maple for me is the way a strat should be. I had a Fat Strat with a Rosewood neck.. and I just couldn't find it's groove.

Frets has the same deal you did.... and had the same reaction to mine! :thu:

Archived