change my mind...

guitarjedi33

• Members

i hate peavey guitars.. i haven't ever seen one yet that i would even consider buying SOOO change my mind.. show me what is out there so that i might make a better educated decision as to whether or not i hate em... by the way i have only played one... i'm not talkin playability just looks... course the one i played was a turd so i burned it.. show me whatcha got:bor:

• Members
BothWolfies1.jpg
These two guitars are every bit as good as my PRS, my Gibson, and my Warmoths as far as build quality goes.

And the amps:
Studio2.jpg
The Classic 30 on the far right is my #1 amp. I use it about 95% of the time. It {censored}s all over the Marshall 1/2 stack for most practical applications.

• Members

i have nothing against peavey as a brand... i own 3 peavey amps, and all my mains and subs are peavey... i just don't like the guitars.. the finish on that trans green is as beautiful as it gets but the shape doesn't appeal.. i just thought MAYBE someone had something that would jump out at me... as far as the wolfgangs go i gotta say that they handle great (just played on one today) but the shape just doesn't do it for me.. lotta people would say the same about my pointy guitars.. just wanted to see what was out there

• Members

I bought a NOS Wolfgang Standard Stoptail in a local store back in 2000 or so. It had been hanging in there for a long time before I ever tried it, and when I did play it it had old, cruddy strings. I only played it for about 3 or 4 minutes before I plopped down the money. Without question, that is the most COMFORTABLE guitar I've every played. The asymetrical (sp?) neck carve on those guitars is pure genius, IMO.

Definitely one I wish I'd been able to keep. I've also owned a few T-60's which are great guitars (neck just way too thin for my tastes), a Reactor AX which was a great player, and heck I even had a Generation EXP that was a nice enough guitar.

• Members
I love my USA Predator... great bargain, my first guitar, still play her regularly...

Yeah, $100 or so for a US-built Strat clone is pretty hard to beat. At least as good as a MIM Fender, w/similar specs:

CandySmaller.jpg

I also have a T-60, yes they are heavy, and the necks are somewhat thinner than is optimal for me, but they are also very versatile, and indestructible.

PeaveyT-60.jpg

Given the OP's apparent preference for pointy things, however, I doubt this will change his mind. ;)

Archived