NGD: Brian May Red (or rather Baby Blue) Special

ArKay

• Members

You know, I like neither blue nor gold, but that looks the business and I can see why you went for it. That your biggest payout yet R? Come on tell us the retail:)

Many many congrats, hardcore BM fans like yourself deserve those special few.
:thu:

It's BY FAR my most expensive one :cry: They sell for

• Members

Thanks, dcindc & AndersonTech :D

So, how does it feel, sound, etc ????????

It's not my most comfortable guitar since I practice sitting down (started playing last year) and I have to hold it between me legs like a classical guitar. It's pretty light though and balances nicely. (what I wrote above :p)

As to the sound, hm.. I'm neither Brian May, nor a good player. Just started learning (wouldn't call it playing) last year. The pickups sound a little fatter than standard single coils, leaning more towards p90s I guess. With the 3 pickup on/off switches you can get a real fat sound (all pickups on, neck & bridge, etc.). The phase switches allow you to get a somehwat strange, spacey & hollow sound (dunno how to explain it). I think it's pretty versatile. It's a solid, quality guitar.

• Members

Congrats on the new guitar, Arkay. Looks very pretty.

I tried a red special a couple of years back, as I like unusual guitars. I just didn't work for me unfortunately. Hope you can enjoy it though.

Thanks. I'm sure I will :wave:

Archived