The strangest thing happened while playing my guitar last night slight O/T NPD...

voneville

• Members

Last night as I was playing guitar out in the garage I heard someone banging away at a keyboard. Struck me as odd, since I've never heard anyone play keyboard around here, especially not so loud that it sounded like it was right outside my garage.

This morning I notice a piano sitting in front of my house. I'm the lucky guy with the corner lot, so my neighbors stage large trash for the trashmen to pickup on my sideyard. I say lucky because I normally get pick of the liter (haha, I made a funny). I didn't have time to move it into my garage and figured it would be gone by the time I got home today.

Low and behold, they actually piled enough crap over the piano to camoflouge it! So I was able to move it into the garage. It needs to be returned something fierce, but all of the keys work! It's a baby upright 88 key. Has a cool bluesy/honky tonk sound to boot, and it's sort of quiet, so jammin with my Champ 600 will probably be perfect!

So yea, new piano day. Maybe a first for HCEG. Slightly off topic, well A lot off topic, but I was playing my Electric Guitar when it happened, so I figured it would be okay to share :)

I found one on craigslist for $600! Imagine finding a $600 dollar guitar in the trash?

• Members

Actually I've always dug the piano, but could never afford one. I know enough about music theory to be dangerous, so with some time I might actually be good enough to sit in with a blues band. I'm also working on my sight reading, so this will be good for me musically.

• Members

If it's in the trash.. you will need to make sure that the board is not cracked. I had an upright that all the keys worked -- but couldn't be tuned. It needed the whole insides replaced to be worth a damn..... just to let you know...

• Members

^ What are you talking about

It just screams "Bigsby" to me.

How do you think P-90's would sound in it? I'm thinking I'm going to use it more for shredding, so I was thinking about maybe some EMG's. Does GFS make EMG copies yet, I don't want to pay EMG prices.

I think I'm gonna install a Kahler ;)

Archived