Happy New Fullerton Owner (and not me!)

curseoftruth

• Members

Thanks for the comments guys, she is just thrilled with it and plays it constantly. I need to get her a little practice amp now, all I have is my Ampeg SVT half stack which is a little much. I'm a bassist also (did bass duties for about 20 years before switching to guitar) so I can actually teach her more about bass than guitar at this point and she seems to be gravitating toward it more than guitar which is great. She also plays drums pretty well.

Quality is great for a $29 instrument, not so great for a $200 instrument. Frets are super sharp and I've started taking care of that. About every screw on the thing was fairly loose especially for the controls. But other than the build being a little loose, its a really solid instrument and super light which is great for her. My other basses were just too heavy. Tone though, the thing actually sounds really nice, almost as good as my 82 Fender P-Bass Special (high end US model). Doesn't sound as good as my Squier 70s Vintage Modified Jazz bass which is the most incredible bass bargain out there, and I bought the Squier VM over a MIM Jazz bass, just sounded better.

I view music as an important part of her education. She has even gone to gigs with me! The second picture below, she wanted to be in my band at a festival we were playing (she was 6 in that pic) and stood next to the drummer and jammed the entire time. The crowd really dug it! The video is hilarious. We played between Graves at Sea and Yeti, a couple of very well known doom bands! She was plugged into one of those little Marshall battery powered amps.

meg3.jpg

megsg.jpg

• Members

How do you like the bass? I bought the $49 Fullerton P-bass and I'm floored by the quality. Its every bit the equal of a MIM P-bass. Only problem I had was the output jack ripping out the wood but Elmers glue fixed that. Plays and sounds great
:thu:

Output jack did the same on mine. I put some Loctite Threadlocker on it.

Is it really as good as a Fender MIM?

It's a fun bass to mess around with.

• Members

You are one very lucky daddy.

Around my house we've got seven electric guitars, one of the $39 Fullerton Basses that just arrived yesterday (fabulous instrument for the money, BTW), 2 acoustic guitars (one of them a nice $29 Fullerton that arrived 2 days ago), a drum set, keyboard, violin, clarinet, and trumpet. How much of that do my kids play? None of it. They'd rather be on MySpace or play PS2.:cry:

Hope we see your daughter on VH1 one of these days.

Archived