M123 We hardly knew ya! NGD!!!!

FUBTAG

• Members

Here it is -- my final purchase from the newly departed M123. My open box Ibanez AR300BS. Short story is ... back in the 80's when I was a wee lad I worked all summer and purchased my first guitar, an Ibanez Artist for probably more than $500. Being young I did some stupid mods to it, but I still have it around. When this showed up, I jumped on it more for nostalgia than anything....

Here's the pics:

CIMG1294.jpg

CIMG1299_Print.jpg

CIMG1296_Print.jpg

CIMG1297_Print.jpg

First thoughts out of the box.. not bad at all. I need to sit with it to really get a feel, but there is no much differentiation from way back when. I actually like the pearloid tuner knobs.

• Members

Been playing it and so far so good... Though it is a bit different from the old one. The tailpiece and bridge are different, as well as the weight. It is really not all that heavy. It has some body to it, but nothing like the anchor it used to be... though when I was 14 maybe it wasn't the guitar to be using! haha...

Thanks for all the congrats.... I think I am happier with this M123 score then I would have been with the Samick FA2....though I still want it.. haha

• Members

So, no issues due to open box?

Looks great!

HNGD!
:wave:
brittany_murphy01-thumb.jpg

Not a one! It is in PERFECT condition. Neck, fret ends, Toggle Switch, Back, Front.. not an imperfection anywhere... well except for a weird splotch in the wood UNDER the finish.... you can kinda see it in the pics near the bridge pup....

I am almost thinking.... I should get rid of my Deluxe Players Strat .. I have a Custom Tele on the way, my trusty 'ole Fender MIM, my new Hamer semi-hollow, another Ibanez (SZ320MH) and a freshly started custom Strat.... I think that is enough for gigging axe's... hmmmmm

Archived