What famous people post to this BBS?

• Members

I shook hands with CARMAN
once.

No seriously , here you may not find too many "STARS" but rather the engineers and producers that made them sound great !

It is in the power of the producers /engineers to MAKE OR BREAK an act. Ashley Simpson soon found out !!

Without the producers/engineers , some of these new "POP" acts would be still be only performing on street corners for nickels and dimes.

Dan

http://teachmedrums.com

• Members

Hmmm...welll, I do try to look up forumites whenever I travel, and it really rawks! I've met a lot of great people...

As for famous people on the forum...I'm sometimes awed by the people who post here and on other forums...and I don't know that they're well-known until I get a tipoff. Cases in point...LRossMusic (I haven't seen him post here...I miss him...what a great guy). I met him and his son Jedi at a dinner in D.C...and come to find out that LRoss played trombone in Count Basie's band!!! HOLY SHIZNIT!!! If that isn't greatness, I don't know what else is. And another guy who used to post, Sacramento jazz guitarist extraordinaire Henry Robinett...he's played with some awesome names. But there are more. They don't tip their hand, and they don't need to. I'm just honored that these folks stop by from time to time.

• Members
Originally posted by Fendercaster

Yes, but you
are
famous among your colleagues. You should be allowed to have an avatar regardless of your post count!
:D

Yeah, come on everybody, ask Dave some questions so we can UP DAVE'S POST COUNT!

• Members
Originally posted by bbach

I'm sure I would be famous if I didn't live in ND. Nobody is really sure where ND is.
I'm
not really sure where ND is.

Are you kidding? Lots of famous people on tour busses know North Dakota! It's that tiny little corner next to the northwest corner of Minnesota where the border crossing to Canada is! It can't be more than a few square miles in size. :D

• Members

Didn't they tell you? Everybody on this board is famous (in a future time frame).

They're going to pull this stuff off the ancient 'internet' archives in 200 years and put it all into their hypothalamus-electrode-linked 3-D e-textbooks, in the virtual universities of the next century.

• Members

Depends on what you mean by famous. If you mean pretty well known then I'd have to admit that I'm not really all that famous but if you mean something different like ......possibly will be well known in either this or maybe a later lifetime then it could be argued that I am indeed very famous. No real point in divulging my real name though as you wouldn't have heard of me.

• Members
Originally posted by blackpig

I was supposed to play in Bismark, ND on Paddy's Day last year. I didn't go as I would have spent quite a time travelling to and from just one gig. I sacked the tour manager.

See, there ya go. You missed a great experience.
Personally, I miss going to Bismark every time I can & My Brother Bob knows that but his wife won't move.
:D

Archived