New Xavieres

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Yeah we're trying to get something going now- Just a drag cause Bigsby is making a lot of problems for the non branded trem makers- Even adding the Chinese made Bigsby branded trem adds a lot to the cost- But I'd love to do something with a pair of our NY III's on it- Should sound better than most of the new $2K+ Gretsches...

This is a very poignant statement Jay. last week as some of you know, I bought the guitar of my dreams, a G6128T-TVP. Today it was picked up by the couriers to be returned for a refund...why? Nicely made guitar great pickups probably but the tone system on the guitar leaves the guitar sounding decent....not brilliant mind in only about 10% of the settings, the rest is like the Mississppi delta....{censored}ing muddy.....I am gutted, where does my gas go from here. So yes Jay I reckon you can beat the sound o fthe $2k plus Gretsches....mine was

• Members

Think you Hit a Home-Run Jay. I LOVE the Tele just as it is. My BIGGEST decision would be Sonic Blue or Surf Green? Case is a HR for the bucks also!

So from what Im reading they are going up for sale this Friday?

Brian............I kinda like the Creme cover's. Hey I like Brunettes's too!

• Members

I think that Tele-shaped one is going to be a big seller. Looks like you did everything right, Jay! The colors, the pickups, the f-hole location, etc. Nice work!

Well yeah cosmetics are important on a guitar for sure.

This whole project was an attempt to bring a very, very different type of guitar to the market- So I'll be very interested to hear the feedback from you "Early Adopters" out there.

I don't think you can compare these to anything else really- certainly not at the price- and of course for some people they'll be somehow "Wrong"- since they are a nice blend of hollowbody, semihollow and solid body. But I have never heard a semi hollow with this level of sustain, and I hope everybody who orders one can appreciate the unique things these guitars too- aside from their cosmetics. Oh yeah- good pickups don't hurt either!!

jay

• Members

I think that Tele-shaped one is going to be a big seller. Looks like you did everything right, Jay! The colors, the pickups, the f-hole location, etc. Nice work!

I'm especially happy that you're using the correct shape for the upper horn notch. I'm sure that the Xavier guitars are amazing, but that bugged me... I'm a Tele purist. I don't even like the Fender-made '70s Teles because CBS {censored}ed up the upper horn. Your Strat-likes were cool by me, but the Teles weren't rockin' my socks.

That's all changed. OMG, that hollow Tele is GORGEOUS!

Are you also going to be doing any solid bodies or traditional thinlines? How 'bout a thinline with a vintage Tele bridge and a P-90 in the neck?

What about the Nelsonic setup? Does anybody have a picture of the Nelsonic 290? I can't seem to find one.

• Members

Explain??

"Cause I WANTED it".

Be a man...

:poke::lol:

Jay, with these new designs you don't need to worry about if I'll buy one or not. I love P90s. :thu: Anyway the truth is that you are going to sell a million of these whether or not I buy one! The REAL truth of the matter? It really is my money! So I'll be getting one :cool:

Now on to real worries. Like the Sox. God they are killing me!

25.5 scale?

• Members

:poke:
:lol:

Jay, with these new designs you don't need to worry about if I'll buy one or not. I love P90s.
:thu:
Anyway the truth is that you are going to sell a million of these whether or not I buy one! The REAL truth of the matter? It really is my money! So I'll be getting one
:cool:

Now on to real worries. Like the Sox. God they are killing me!

25.5 scale?

yeah we were working on the Eric Gagne model- But every time we tried to play it we started choking...

• Members

Yeah, the problem is customs taxes
:cry:

When you place the order just ask us to value the guitar at $10 and call it a "Sample for Evaluation Only"- No tax.

Still FAR cheaper than if a dealer had these- They'd be in the $300 Euro category for sure. Buying from us including shipping should be around 200 Euros

Jay

Archived