Squier

GAS Man

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if there are any unmolested/un-violated/un-modded still in exsistence?
:confused:

I don't know this person on eBay, I just noticed the deal when I was looking for one a few weeks ago. http://cgi.ebay.com/Squier-by-Fender-51-Strat-Tele-Electric-Guitar-BLACK_W0QQitemZ110184672635QQihZ001QQcategoryZ47070QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemThey seem to have several of the black ones. Sorry if that should be in the Hot Deals thread... I wasn't really thinking of it as hot deal as much as I was thinking of it as an answer to a question. I ended up getting a black one from Sam Ash for $99 (they don't have anymore) and a sun burst from a guy on eBay for $99 shipped.

• Members
I ended up getting a black one from Sam Ash for $99 (they don't have anymore) and a sun burst from a guy on eBay for $99 shipped.

Sorry to hear the last retail source of the '51 is now dried up. I was tempted to get the black to complete my set! :D

I often think that if they'd removed the "Squier" name off the headstock, I'd have been happy spending upwards of $400 for that axe. I just think they sound great into a nice warm Fender-ish style amp. But I've also heard some amazing clips here with one played in a metal fashion.

• Members

The one I have sounds so good I'm afraid to mess with it.
:eek:

I agree, that's part of the marvel of it. They managed to get two pickups together that not only evoke a ton of Fender vibe to them, but the neck and bridge pups sound good whether playing them separately, or blended together in either of the bridge series or split mode. Pretty amazing for the price of admission. I mean, you could head out to the DiMarzio or Duncan after-market to mod these things and easily do worse than their stock components. Not saying you couldn't do better, but you could easily do worse for compatibility.

• Members

I agree, that's part of the marvel of it. They managed to get two pickups together that not only evoke a ton of Fender vibe to them, but the neck and bridge pups sound good whether playing them separately, or blended together in either of the bridge series or split mode. Pretty amazing for the price of admission. I mean, you could head out to the DiMarzio or Duncan after-market to mod these things and easily do worse than their stock components. Not saying you couldn't do better, but you could easily do worse for compatibility.

Agreed! I even bought a new neck pickup and new bridge, but have been afraid to touch it. It just kind of works the way it is.

Archived