Squier

GAS Man

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This one is dated Mai '97 in the neck pocket and is a limited edition of the Louisiane with a top made of a wood type called in french "loupe d'amboine" (I'm guessing it refers to the figuring more than the kind of wood). Those were still the years when LAG was putting exquisite instruments out at a price that was really fair (though not exactly cheap) considering the amount of handwork involved. It was a relatively small shop in a small village in the south of France. They have changed directions quite a bit since and they have now their cheaper versions made somewhere in Asia.
:rolleyes:

Lag was well distributed in Germany through Musikproduktiv.

That explains why none of the other Blues models I've seen have such a nice top, the others are usually flamed. I don't think they make them anymore, they have a completely new line. And I believe that they still make guitars in France, but they cost 3-4 times as much as the Chinese counterparts.

• Members

That explains why none of the other Blues models I've seen have such a nice top, the others are usually flamed. I don't think they make them anymore, they have a completely new line. And I believe that they still make guitars in France, but they cost 3-4 times as much as the Chinese counterparts.

Yes, The Blues serie doesn't exist anymore. Before they disappeared, they had changed the look of the Louisiane and the pickguard was no longer like mine (

• Members
Yes, I've seen those strat-like Blues models. I have to say that I like the old Blues series the best.

blues_tennessee.jpgblues_memphis.jpgblues_louisiane.jpgblues_nashville.jpgblues_std.jpg

Wow, you have the whole Blues serie right there! I recognise the last three: the one with the trem is called the Nashville, The one with gold HW and matching headstock is the Louisiane and theone with the chrome HW and maple headstock is the Blues Standard. The first two are more direct strat and tele configured and I've never seen them before.

I agree with you that the old pickguard gives them a more original look that I like better.

I hope the '51 crowd won't be mad at us for posting all those Lags in their thread. We should have started our own thread.

• Members

Wow, you have the whole Blues serie right there! I recognise the last three: the one with the trem is called the Nashville, The one with gold HW and matching headstock is the Louisiane and theone with the chrome HW and maple headstock is the Blues Standard. The first two are more direct strat and tele configured and I've never seen them before.

I agree with you that the old pickguard gives them a more original look that I like better.

I hope the '51 crowd won't be mad at us for posting all those Lags in their thread. We should have started our own thread.

Yes, you identified them correctly. That fan site has plenty of pictures...

http://members.home.nl/denisweening/Lag%20Fanclub%202005/Lagfanclub2005.htm

Click on Resources -> Guitars for the ones I posted up there and many more (with specs).

OK, sorry for getting off-topic. :wave:

• Members
Yes, you identified them correctly. That fan site has plenty of pictures...

http://members.home.nl/denisweening/Lag%20Fanclub%202005/Lagfanclub2005.htm

Click on Resources -> Guitars for the ones I posted up there and many more (with specs).

OK, sorry for getting off-topic.
:wave:

Nice website.

Thanks Arkay. It was nice to exchange those few posts. :thu:

• Members
Here's my squire '51 COPY.
:D
(but it's a $1,500 copy...)

lag2.jpg

That is beautiful! If you play your cards right, I'm sure Frets will go against his better judgement and offer you $100 for it ($1.00 more that he usually shells out for an axe.) If he does, PM me and I'll out bid him by $1.00 (but don't tell Frets!) :lol:

• Members
That is beautiful! If you play your cards right, I'm sure Frets will go against his better judgement and offer you $100 for it ($1.00 more that he usually shells out for an axe.) If he does, PM me and I'll out bid him by $1.00 (but don't tell Frets!)
:lol:

Humm... I'll think about it. :D

• Members

I always liked the idea of the Tele headstock on it. I remember one of my heroes, Joe Perry. Back in the day I would buy Circus, or Hit Parader, or rRolling Stone and see pictures of Joe with strats with tele necks. Or Strats with an upside down headstock. All different looking guitars. It was really cool! I always dreamed of being able to do that kind of thing. I was glad to see Fender get in the groove.

• Members

When I built my custom Tele (way before the 51), I had a 52 body made with a strat arm bevel and belly cut. I then later wished I'd have put a humbucker in the bridge.

When this thing came out, I couldn't wait to get one. Pickups are a little thin and I'm debating putting a tone on it, but it was a good idea and a pretty decent guitar.

Too bad they're gone. Would love to see Fender make one in a Fender line with upgraded parts and a string through bridge. I'd pick one up...

-Mc

Archived