Silent P90s

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I dunno, that's kinda like saying you wanna eat some {censored} as long as it doesn't taste like {censored}.

P90's hum and that's about all there is to that. Yeah, you can get some pups that look like P90's that don't hum but they ain't P90's. :idk:

• Members

I dunno, that's kinda like saying you wanna eat some {censored} as long as it doesn't taste like {censored}.

{censored}in brilliant!!!

{censored} and p90s are both waaaaaaay better than no {censored} and no p90s

unless you're a gay man - but still, you should have p90s - just the {censored} wouldn't be so attractive, cuz of the gayness and all

but yeah - the noise is worth it, cuz you sound better with p90s, no matter what your orientation, creed, religion, race

except scientologists, they sound better with strat pups

it's all true

• Members

eeyore_cloud.gif

well,

I gotta say

I was playin my TC90

the other day

and I was thinkin,

dang this thing is noisy

with both pups on

not so bad

But

Other than that

it sounds pretty good as is

eeyore.jpg

maybe I'll pull my LP Jr Spc back out with those horrid P-100s

:D

:wave:

• Members

After reading some HC and other reviews, I replaced the stock P90s in my Epiphone ES-295 with some of Pete Biltoft's Vintage Vibe Dogear P90s. While not "silent" they are a lot quieter than the original pups. They have a great P90 sound and are better balanced from bridge to neck, too. Also, he will wind them to your specs.

You can check 'em out at vintagevibeguitars.com.

• Members

After reading some HC and other reviews, I replaced the stock P90s in my Epiphone ES-295 with some of Pete Biltoft's Vintage Vibe Dogear P90s. While not "silent" they are a lot quieter than the original pups. They have a great P90 sound and are better balanced from bridge to neck, too. Also, he will wind them to your specs.

You can check 'em out at vintagevibeguitars.com.

I've heard great things about them, and they have a nice selection of sound clips on their website. BG-pups offers a similar service, and from talking to the guy on here, he def knows his stuff.

• Members

I've heard great things about them, and they have a nice selection of sound clips on their website. BG-pups offers a similar service, and from talking to the guy on here, he def knows his stuff.

I just checked out his web site--those look and sound good. I might look into his rewind service for an old tele wide range humbucker. Thanks for the info.

• Members

465055.jpg

If it takes care of all the damn noise in my house I guarantee it will get rid of your girly P-90 hum. ;)

Seriously, the best damn $100 I've spent in years. I just got an SG Classic with P-90's in it and the difference is night and day except I still have the tone.

• Members

Part of the tone of a single coil pickup is the hum. It's kind of like salt on your food. You don't want to eat salt by it self but on a stake it tastes great.

My suggestion is to get a set of P-90s were oneof the pickups is reverse wound so that the middle position is hum cancelling. I've got that on a number of my single coil guitars, works great.

Archived