Stand up and shout out what you believe (guitar content only)

cincy_cosmo

• Members

I believe Planet Waves self trimming locking tuners are the best add-ons a guitar can get.

I believe practice is more important than gear.

I believe that home recording is the most important thing to happen to guitarists since the electric guitar.

I believe that wood is important to tone.

I believe that technique is more important to tone than wood.

and finally

I believe that the arrangement of the song is more important to tone than individual technique.

Whew.

What do you believe?

• Members

I believe Planet Waves self trimming locking tuners are the best add-ons a guitar can get.

I believe practice is more important than gear.

I believe that home recording is the most important thing to happen to guitarists since the electric guitar.

I believe that wood is important to tone.

I believe that technique is more important to tone than wood.

I believe that the arrangement of the song is more important to tone than individual technique.

I believe that everyone needs atleast one strat in their lifetime.

I also believe that PRS makes top notch stuff, no duds.

I believe the PODXT is the sickest little thing on the market for closet jammers.

What do you believe?

There we go.

• Members

I believe that we should all stop wasting our time and quit this forum, go back to work or whatever, and then at the soonest opportunity pull out our favourite guitar, plug into our favourite amp, crank that sucker to 11, and just play.

• Members

I also believe guitarist are very closed-minded about a lot of things. I'll only talk about one facet of it.

Guitarists who go for cheap guitars often talk crap about the guys that go for expensive guitars, saying that expensive guitars are pointless because you can get just as good a guitar for much cheaper.

Guitarists who go for expensive guitars often talk crap about the guys that go for cheap guitars, saying that cheap guitars are pointless because the expensive guitars are head and shoulders above the cheap guitars.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Yeah, expensive guitars are usually 'better' guitars than cheaper ones, but is the quality difference enough to justify the price difference in everybody's mind? Hell no.

I'm kind of a weird hybrid. I've got several really nice, fairly expensive guitars. I use these guitar the majority of the time for gigging, recording and practicing. I've also got several cheaper guitars. The cheaper guitars are more for special tones or vibes for recording than anything else, and I knew when I bought them that they weren't going to get the majority of my playing time, so why spend $1500 or more for them when I can get a $300 one that gets me fairly close in tone and feel?

When it comes to amps though, I'm a bit of a Peavey fanboy. I've owned several amps over the years...old solid state Peavey stuff, a Fender Cybertwin, a THD Univalve, a Marshall JCM 800 1/2 stack. The two amps I have right now are both Peavey Classics...a Classic 50 and a Classic 30. I actually sold the Cybertwin, the Univalve and the Marshall because the tone I want is in the Classics. I don't play them because I can't afford a super expensive boutique amp. I'm sure I could sell/trade a few things and end up with enough money to buy just about any amp I wanted. However, I'm perfectly happy with my Peavey Classics (which, by the way, I bought used...$350 for the Classic 50 and $200 for the Classic 30).

So, even though I really prefer more expensive guitars, I understand where the cheap guitar guys are coming from, since I'm sort of the same way with amps. :idk:

• Members

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hk0pKQgvjGU

[YOUTUBE]hk0pKQgvjGU[/YOUTUBE]

"I believe for every drop of rain that falls

A flower grows

I believe that somewhere in the darkest night

A candle glows

I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come

To show the way

I believe, I believe

I believe above a storm the smallest prayer

Can still be heard

I believe that someone in the great somewhere

Hears every word

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,

Or touch a leaf or see the sky

Then I know why, I believe

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,

Or touch a leaf or see the sky

Then I know why, I believe" that I like guitars! :p

• Members

I believe tunes are the worst add-ons a guitar can get.

I believe gear is more important than practice.

I believe that Britney Spears is the most important thing to happen to guitarists since the electric guitar.

I believe that beer is important to Tony.

I believe that beer is more important to Tony than hang gliding.

and finally

I believe that the arrangement of the sheep is more important to weasels than rabbits.

Whew.

What do you believe?

Archived