NGD: Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop!

abstract

• Members

My wifes 30 birthday present to me.

For the record, I LOVE maple neck Pauls.:love:

It needs a new nut, but the frets are AWESOME! They were advertised as new, but there AIN'T NO WAY they aren't new. The neck is a bit plumper than the slim 60's on my Classic, but it's way smaller than a 50's neck. It's more of a C shape than a U.

It's loaded with a (SUPER HOT) Bill Lawerance L-500 in the bridge and a DiMarzio soapbar in the neck. The P90 doesn't really sound like a P90, but it's a nice neck pickup.

The L-500 is hotter and brasher than the 500T in my '92 Classic! It's a very pleasing sound, just a bit rude and aggressive. It sounds nice thru my Maxon OD-808 into my Fender Bassman. I wish the wife wasn't sick, I'd crank it up. But, it seems she currently has some points built up...:lol:

Notice the Shaller's? They say Made in W. Germany...hehe

anywho...:blah:

4A24D7AF547842D682BF721E2FCB4656.jpg

E3F193693BD248928637F0BB0EE254AB.jpg

C2B09B6D5B4146508F2182D9E5D3416D.jpg

• Members

It seems like the guitar has been through a refret before. There doesn't seem to be binding ends and they also seem bigger than normal? Awsome guitar none-of-the-less!

HNGD!

The seller claimed they were original...I knew better.

They're pretty jumbo.

They don't have the nubs, but the binding's untouched. The refret was a DEF improvement.

• Members

Wow man

Happy B-day, great lookin axe. Now did the wife actually buy that or was it one of those "Look what you got me for my birthday babe".

The conversation went something like this...

her: How much is a Goldtop that you would like to have?

me: WTF??? ...............why?

her: I want you to have a Goldtop for your 30th birthday.

me: ....I'd rather have a motorcycle.

her: Too damn bad. How much?

me: I don't know, lemme look around...

Archived