How many guitars do I need?

cincy_cosmo

• Members

I'm doing some soul searching and thinking of selling off most of my gear. A while back, I bought one of these:

475867.jpg

and over the months, have gotten some really good patches down where I prefer the tone of it over my other rigs. I have it setup with a Fernandes Retro Rocket pro beater that I own, and I've tweaked this and that, converted the bridge to Wilkinson etc etc to the point where I really like that guitar better than most anything I have played.

PICT0001-5.jpg

So I'm honestly thinking of dumping all the other guitars I have except keeping one bass, one acoustic and this electric and my analogue effects board as a backup. Given that I occasionally play out, If you can model almost anything and get acceptable tone, how many backups do I need for redundancy? Am I missing something?

The other guitars are:

A Fernandes Ravelle Elite

A Fernandes Ravelle X

A Brice HXB-406 6 string bass

A Fernandes Lexington Limited

• Members

I'm doing some soul searching and thinking of selling off most of my gear. A while back, I bought one of these:

475867.jpg
and over the months, have gotten some really good patches down where I prefer the tone of it over my other rigs. I have it setup with a Fernandes Retro Rocket pro beater that I own, and I've tweaked this and that, converted the bridge to Wilkinson etc etc to the point where I really like that guitar better than most anything I have played.

PICT0001-5.jpg
So I'm honestly thinking of dumping all the other guitars I have except keeping one bass, one acoustic and this electric and my analogue effects board as a backup. Given that I occasionally play out, If you can model almost anything and get acceptable tone, how many backups do I need for redundancy? Am I missing something?

The other guitars are:

A Fernandes Ravelle Elite

A Fernandes Ravelle X

A Brice HXB-406 6 string bass

A Fernandes Lexington Limited

You need 2.In case you break a string:thu:

Archived