I bought another Epiphone...

dcooper830

• Members
Well...... I didn't have an SG in my collection.

I had always intended on getting a Gibson SG.

But I came across this Epi today and it is
MONSTEROUS!!!

I swear if it had "Gibson" on the headstock I would have happily paid $2000 for it.. its that good!!!!!!

But I got it for $400.84 out the door
with hardshell case
!

It's absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Stays in tune GREAT. Action is perfect!! Not too neck heavy. Stock pickups sound awesome! Neck is very stable.

I was not intending on buying a guitar today.... but when I played around on this thing, it was so GREAT I had to have it!!

DSC03448.jpg

DSC03450.jpg

DSC03455.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

DSC03458.jpg

killer amp dood! i've got the 100 watt, is that what I see in your pic? congrats on the axe, i'm sure it will mesh well with the DSL, i know my epi les paul does

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looks great :thu: I love my Epi LP Custom, best sounding and playing guitar I've experienced so far, better than my 70s MIJ as well :) I've been tempted by an Epi SG but have been put off by my mates g400 custom, it feels really cheap and tacky compared to my Epi for some reason :idk: He doesnt exactly look after his stuff though so thats probably why.

• Members

SO where are the frickin videos? I just got done watching you play about 20 different frickin Dots in an attempt to hold me over till I get mine delivered next week.

Two things I discovered watching those videos. 1. I probably won't have to swap pickups; really sounds like the tone that I want is there. 2. You are a hell of a lot better player than I will ever be. I can't believe your repotoire.

And of course....HNGD. :thu: I can't wait to see what you do with that lovely beast.

• Members

I got me one of them!!! Not as sweet as yours though......

90' MIK Super distortion in the bridge, was my main axe (read only axe) for years . got me thinking of new knobs and crome pup covers now!

stuff003ys0.jpg

HNGD!! Looking forward to some clips!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just purchased a G-400 in cherry finish on layaway today at a local music store for $289.99! I hope to fully have my hands on it soon. I had to place an order on the hardshell case which should come in a few days! It'll be a great workhorse for my 1973 Gibson LP Deluxe.

Archived