ok, so i dont own a beatles album.

fuzzylogic220

• Members

so recomend me one, i feel like im missing out on something. i thought about picking up a greatest hits or something like that today but there might be a better option. because on most of the greatest hits albums that i own, the songs that i really really love are not there.

so your job is to recomend me an album...... or a good greatest hits set.

thanks a bunch.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First off, it's a crime to not own one. (Although I only own a couple.)

Hard to recommend just one: You won't go wrong with Abbey Road, Revolver or Rubber Soul.

As collections go, The Beatles 1967-1970 is quite good.

• Members

I think that Abbey Road won a grammy for best album in the history of the universe.

Revolver and Rubber Soul are two others that I would recommend. Then of course you have Sgt Peppers which is no slouch, the White Album that just has a ton of great songs.

But to be honest there are like two different kinds of Beatles, the older tuff like Twist and Shout and then the stuff after Norwegian Wood up to Let it Be. I think that is what's great about them is that they evolved so much compared to a lot of other bands today.

I like the later stuff more, but my favorite Beatles song has to be Dr Robert.

• Members

Depending on my mood, I'd start with Revolver, Abbey road or the White album - those three are stellar. If you're into brit pop, try Revolver, if you've got a wide range of musical taste, try the White and if you're after the perfect rock song, Abbey road is a must. Of course any other album will follow.

• Members

Because The Beatles were different at the beginning and the end, do you prefer early or late?

The easy answers are Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, and The White Album. Each one of these was a revolution in recorded music at the time .

If you prefer early Beatles try Beatles For Sale or With The Beatles.

• Members

Anyone who says the Beatles are overrated has no business posting on a music site. They should go to whiningbabieswhodontknow{censored}.com and post there.

Yes, heaven forbid people have opinions. My reason for saying The Beatles are overrated is because they're constantly called the best band ever, which I personally believe is a silly claim. I personally think bands did what The Beatles did and carried it one stop further, maybe more steps.

• Members

It will last untill they'll listen to them.

That's the problem: they won't.

I think they think they're nothing but repetative, cutesy boyband-ish 50s pop songs and drugged out, mindless, comically Dylan-esque praddling.

They fail to see that the songs are catchy as {censored}, extremely innovative and unique for the times, and, oh, there wouldn't be most modern music if not for them.

• Members

yeah agree with lordlove... ok from Revolver i like

She said,
im only sleeping
And your bird can sing
doctor robert

but find all other tracks including "tomorrow never knows" and "yellow submarine" "eleanor rigby" mediocre at best

Archived