Guitar home security.

phil47uk

• Members

In my book that makes you a murderer, a purjurer and worthy of life imprisonment.

Ah yes, the book of the rosey little world where every criminal can be rehabilitated and made a worthwhile member of society. And of course, the person protecting their home and their property from some worthless lowlife has to be wrong. It's very simple, they shouldn't have been breaking into my house to steal from me, then there's no problem. So call me what you want and continue to read your book, while I read a different thread where I don't have to hear from bleeding hearts wearing rose-colored glasses.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Certainly can. My shepherds even know the difference between our cars and a strangers, even before it gets near the house.

Ha!! Good for you. You are the first person who has mentioned this.

Our dog knows our two cars, our daughters' cars (2 total,) my wife's mother's car, and (I swear) the cars of the friends who commonly come to visit. She is barking as a car heads up the driveway, before we can see or hear anything -- unless it's one of the "known" cars.

Sometimes, we will hear a KNOCK on the door, with the dog relaxing on the rug on the floor. Scares the snot out of us. But we know it must be some friend, and it always is. Haha. The stupid dog doesn't even twitch it's nose or give a HINT that someone is climbing up the path to the house, or anything. Very disconcerting. But not really in a bad way.

• Members

I used to have a gold one like that too!

Henrydog.jpg

And yep - ole Henry-dog would have been the burglar's friend too as long as he offered no aggressive gestures and a pat on the old head.

Great dogs, but dubious as watch dogs.

RIP Henry 1994 - 2006

aww man... what a face... i can't even begin to get my head around when my lab isn't around any more

rip Henry

• Members

I have a multi-layered home defense system! ;)

1) Incredibly nosey neighbors. I live on a cul-de-sac surrounded by a bunch of busy-bodies. My next door neighbors have called me, more than once, to let me know that another neighbor's cat was in my yard.
2) Brinks. A door or window opens and that sucker goes off and is LOUD. The authorities are notified. I wake up.
3) Bogie the Pembroke Welsch Corgi. If the alarm fails, or we forget to set it, Bogie will wake me up. He may not be the prototypical attack dog, but his bark sounds mean.
4) 12 gauge. Definitely a last resort and I hope to never need to use it for defense, but it's there and I'll shoot you if you're threatening my family. Probably not if you're going after my guitars though...well, maybe if you're going after the R6 or R8! Or the Martin! :D

• Members

Seems to me that killing an unarmed man in cold blood, whether he is a thief or not, is murder.
:idk:

I guess I'm hopelessly naive to think that theft shouldn't be a capital offense.
:p

If someone breaks into my house how do I know how desperate he is? Ask? Excuse me, sir, are you going to hurt me or my family or just take the stuff that I have spent my time working for? Do I ask if he would like a cup of tea? The only thing to do is assume that he is willing to do anything when cornered.

• Members
If someone breaks into my house how do I know how desperate he is? Ask? Excuse me, sir, are you going to hurt me or my family or just take the stuff that I have spent my time working for? Do I ask if he would like a cup of tea? The only thing to do is assume that he is willing to do anything when cornered.

Exactly! And how many break-ins and home invasions, if the people are home, include more than just taking their possesions. Some of them are just plain theives, many of them are crackheads looking to score cash or stuff to sell so they can get more drugs - probably strung out on the stuff, or strung out from not having the stuff, there's no reasoning, no backing away, no mercy for the people in their own home. So why is anyone worrying about what happens to such lowlifes - there is NO reason why they should have ANY protection or rights when they invade someone's home - THEY DON'T BELONG THERE AND THEY ARE THERE TO DO NOTHING BUT HARM.

Like I said before, plain and simple: I'm in my own home not bothering anybody, all they have to do is not invade my home and they will be totally safe. What's so unreasonable?
NOW, I'm done here, I got out everything I wanted to say. I won't waste any more of my time here trying to convince stupid bleeding hearts, especially when the time could be better spent making sure my guns are well oiled and loaded. :D

• Members

I wasn't going to come back to this thread,
but people like this really annoy me, and it was bugging me at work last night
and there was one thing I wished I had added;

You just broke the highest rule of the interwebz, you let someone annoy you.

This next part isn't towards any one person in particular.

I have my own beliefs about guns, and everyone has theirs. Regardless, arguing about it (or a ton of other controversial subjects) on the web is dumb. People never change their beliefs, no matter how wrong or right they are, it just creates disharmony. I'm definitely guilty of getting drawn into something I shouldn't have let myself get drawn into, but every now and then you just have to take a step back and just look at how dumb arguing on the internet really is.

• Members

I own guns, but I pretty much keep them locked up, and anyway - the likelihood that I'd be able to grab one, load it, etc. in the time it takes someone to get from the door to me is pretty slim. Plus, I really wouldn't care to have to deal with the mess a gunshot wound makes in a house (I've seen it, and it ain't pretty - it's not as clean as it seems on the TV). I simply count on not having too much bling, as well as a generous store of good kharma as a deterrent to crime...

• Members
LOL..Lovely dog mistersully.
:thu:
Yeah I know what you mean about licking them to death, we used to have a Lab once. German shepherds are have totally different characters. Guard, guard, guard.

Here's my current male.

'Django' the rectum wrecker.

VZQUO-DjangoL1.jpg

Phil,

http://www.historiclespauls.com/index.php?action=showgallery&id=161&requesturi=%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dshowmodel&model=%25&orderby=hits+DESC&volltext=

That is one bad assed looking dog.

• Members

I own guns, but I pretty much keep them locked up, and anyway - the likelihood that I'd be able to grab one, load it, etc. in the time it takes someone to get from the door to me is pretty slim. Plus, I really wouldn't care to have to deal with the mess a gunshot wound makes in a house (I've seen it, and it ain't pretty - it's not as clean as it seems on the TV). I simply count on not having too much bling, as well as a generous store of good kharma as a deterrent to crime...

Majority of the time I have a loaded gun on me concealed. It is like a seatbelt: I don't plan on getting in a car accident but I put my seatbelt on anyway.

• Members

That is one bad assed looking dog.

Yeah when he's pissed, he's solid muscle with teeth. Actually he's lying down beside me now as I type and just rolled on his back for me to scratch him.

That's what I love about Shepherds. They such smart dogs and loyal to the death isn't the word. If we are walking in a crowded place he doesn't take any notice, but if we are somewhere isolated and someone appears, even two hundred yards away, he's instantly on guard and ready for trouble.

• Members
Ha!! Good for you. You are the first person who has mentioned this.

Our dog knows our two cars, our daughters' cars (2 total,) my wife's mother's car, and (I swear) the cars of the friends who commonly come to visit. She is barking as a car heads up the driveway, before we can see or hear anything -- unless it's one of the "known" cars.

Sometimes, we will hear a KNOCK on the door, with the dog relaxing on the rug on the floor. Scares the snot out of us. But we know it must be some friend, and it always is. Haha. The stupid dog doesn't even twitch it's nose or give a HINT that someone is climbing up the path to the house, or anything. Very disconcerting. But not really in a bad way.

The concept of us Brits having guns is totally alien to us. As households don't have guns, there is no need for the average burglar to have a gun either. I suppose as it's never been a part of our culture, we don't really give it any thought... Like you, I'll stick with the dogs I think..:thu:

• Members
I wasn't going to come back to this thread, but people like this really annoy me, and it was bugging me at work last night and there was one thing I wished I had added;

I just want to see what book you're reading from if it happens to you. I won't wish it on anybody, but if I hear about someone like this being the victim, I have no sympathy.

Oh and by the way, I wouldn't be in jail the rest of my life because you forgot, it was self-defense with no one breathing to dispute it.
:D

I have little sympathy for criminals. A burglar deserves to be punished. A murderer deserves greater punishment and you'd be one in the eyes of the law of the land in which you choose to live. If you avoid being caught, you'd still be one.

You know almost nothing of what I am "like". You seem to be creating stereotypes for yourself and hating them. That is a dumb thing to be doing.

Archived