does anyone have fun anymore?

Alchemist

• Members

All I see are posts about how certain styles are bad, genres are bad, bands are bad.....heck even certain tempos are bad!..... very few things seem to be acceptable around here....

I play and listen to ANYTHING, always have... I'm pretty grateful the forums werent around when I was young and impressionable and still learning, otherwise I would probably feel stupid for trying new things....

does anyone just pick up the guitar and play whatever they feel like regardless of speed, heck even melody, dont you like letting loose and just going all out? I do.... its a release for me, it makes me happy and its what I find joyfull about guitar playing....heck most of the time my guitar isnt even in tune but it doesnt bother me one bit.....

just a pointless rant, I'm gonna sit back down and jam on my stock RG1570 to my quite random playlist of Al DiMeola, Motley Crue, Eric Johnson, Journey, and Whitesnake...and continue being a soulless wanker and lover of tasteless 80's music or whatever that makes me:)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I see are posts about how certain styles are bad, genres are bad, bands are bad.....heck even certain tempos are bad!..... very few things seem to be acceptable around here....

I play and listen to ANYTHING, always have... I'm pretty grateful the forums werent around when I was young and impressionable and still learning, otherwise I would probably feel stupid for trying new things....

does anyone just pick up the guitar and play whatever they feel like regardless of speed, heck even melody, dont you like letting loose and just going all out? I do.... its a release for me, it makes me happy and its what I find joyfull about guitar playing....heck most of the time my guitar isnt even in tune but it doesnt bother me one bit.....

just a pointless rant, I'm gonna sit back down and jam on my stock RG1570 to my quite random playlist of Al DiMeola, Motley Crue, Eric Johnson, Journey, and Whitesnake...and continue being a soulless wanker and lover of tasteless 80's music or whatever that makes me:)

I agree 100%.

This is one of the most close-minded forums I know of. It used to be fun here. It hasn't been fun for some time now.

• Members

I agree 100%.

This is one of the most close-minded forums I know of. It used to be fun here. It hasn't been fun for some time now.

you and youre flyod'd LP :mad:

Just kidding, i l:love:ve your LP!!

I just have fun, i play every thing and anything

learned some Micheal Jackson the othe rday, along with an As I Lay Dying track (hardcore for those who dont know)

Just have fun, make music. Tone, gear, all else are secondary. My friend is AMAZING but his tone is meh. You know what, he's having fun. So no one care

cept maybe some corksniffers :cop:

• Members

I'm 50 now and I love to just let loose, I'm not a great player. I never had the time to get great and I've had to work at what I can do. Not a natural.

But I have Fun! Lots of fun. I hope to get better now that I have a bit more time. Its great fun..............

As for negativity: I don't think anyone hates they just like more about what they like less and are compelled to tell the world. I think thats ok,, I don't like Broccoli, in fact I hate it......... That will never change, I also can't stand RAP............. So, I may tell the world to feel good about not liking it to make me fell better about liking what turns me on more! Make any sense?

• Members

Yeah, when I'm just buggering 'round I play whatever I feel like and do it anywhere on the fretboard - I've abandoned scales to be free and atonal.

• Members

I listen to everything from classic metal, southern rock, 60's classic rock, blues, to DiMeola and Mahavishnu, to Frank Sinatra and Tommy Dorsey.

Every now and then an old chestnut from W. A. Mozart or J. S. Bach will pop up in a playlist.

I feel that you can take away something of value from every type of music.

• Members

I like Greco's better than Gibsons! I like MIJ Strats better than Made in the USA Strats. But I do not hate Gibson or Fender USA. I do like telling my friends who disagree. Thats half the fun, You know watching and listening to them have heart attacks and shout at me........... Thats great fun..

Ali did it all the time.. He had fun to.

• Members

Yeppers bro,

Everytime I pick up the guitar, I play what I please in whatever tempo I wanna play it and have a blast:)

Music is supposed to be fun, sad, happy, lonely... or whatever else you can think of, pick up your axe and

make it so!

• Members

as Carlos Santana says: WE have the choice to accentuate the positives or the negatives.

you bring up this thread, and while it's obvious in some aspects, i don't think it's as abundantly negative as it may be portrayed.

• Members

Well, I am not on the computer near as much in the summer months, but I still check in from time to time. The forum seems to be lacking somewhat recently again (its always a rollercoaster ride though, isnt it?).

We just played a gig this past weekend at my favourite local bar. Here is a shot someone took of me playing my home made LP clone through my Trinity TC15 (which I also made) through my 6x12 - my Orange 4x12 with my home made 2x12 on top. Ballsy, why yes! :)

I still need my fake-book to remember a lot of lyrics. I can remember music fine, but when I have to sing and play, the lyrics get all mixed up.:freak:

This weekend we are playing at a local town's 100th anniversary - playing on a full size 18 wheeler loaded with gear and a real sound man! That should be interesting (we are one of 5 local bands playing an hour a piece) I just hope the mosquitoes dont carry me away... ;)

Get out, play your guitar and forget about the fights and bickering. Music is about feeling great and rocking out, and having fun, right?

Oh yeah - my new Peavey HP special is quickly becoming a favourite of mine... played it also last weekend for its first gig. The floyd is COOL! :thu:

Bellevuegigjune08.jpg

PS... And nothing is as quite as much fun (well, at a gig anyhow) as watching a few dozen 20 something attractive females dancing in front of the band while we bring the rock...:thu::thu::thu

• Members

Bellevuegigjune08.jpg

PS... And nothing is as quite as much fun (well, at a gig anyhow) as watching a few dozen 20 something attractive females dancing in front of the band while we bring the rock...
:thu:
:thu::thu

It's good to see that our singer isn't the only one who needs the lyrics around. I think he could get by without them for at least 80% of the time, but that other 20% is a real bitch. ;)

• Members

My job keeps me very busy, so right now, fun is the only reason I play. It's either guitar, shooting, surprise buttsecks, or working in the wood shop. A lack of fun being had is the reason I quit my last band. I just don't like stiffs.

• Members

I just spent two hours on the screened in porch, playing my Martin til it started getting dark. Played some old stuff, played some new stuff, played around with progressions and chords and found a few new riffs and rythms.

It was fun.:wave:

Regarding threads and posts bashing artists and genres, they're rarely worth reading and certainly not worth posting in. Probably why my post count will never be hall of fame status.

• Members

I'm with ya all the way man. I love to just let 'er Rippppp.

"Drivein' in my car, smoking my cigar, the only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar" EC & Cream

"Once there was a time boy - I'd rob my mama

For a good meal - and a smoke.

Once there was a time - I'd sell my brother

For a dollar - when I was broke.

But I'd never - never sell my guitar

And my strings are always sharp.

'Cause if I don't - have a guitar,

I'll be strummin' on some angel's harp.

And if I don't - get to heaven

And I go down there below,

Better be a guitar - when I get there

Or I will refuse to go