Faith Hill Giving Fans Lectures/Advise on Proper Public Behavior.

audioicon

• Members

I read now that in a different incident someone grabbed the ring from McGraw's finger. Now someone has grabbed his balls. What does that tell you? It tells me that maybe he's getting a little too close to his fans.

Why should you be wearing a wedding ring and shaking hands with bunch of women fans? Off coarse someone will try to move the ring. Are they right? No but it's called precaution and safety.

Why was this strange to her? This woman is obsessive and Jealous.

AI

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with AudioIcon.

You put forth that sexy bigger than life image, and then put yourself where your rabid fans can come into contact with you, don't be surprised when you get grabbed. And yes, it is hypocrisy to react in shock as if you didn't think it might happen. Whether he deserved it or not is irrelevant.

What "sexy bigger than life image"? I'm not really a fan of Tim or Faith, but last time I checked, Tim McGraw was a pretty conservative, family-friendly act. I mean, how many appearances has he made with his wife? His image is that of a happily married husband and father--that's the image he portrays. What's his attire of choice--a white T-shirt and cowboy hat? Is that provocative? From what I can tell, he's far from some hillbilly version of Ricky Martin. Of course, as I said, I don't really follow his career, so I could be wrong.

I suppose if we were talking about Britney or Madonna, we might have more of an argument here, but I'd say most country performers in general have pretty conservative images nowadays.

• Members

Why should you be wearing a wedding ring and shaking hands with bunch of women fans? Off coarse someone will try to move the ring. Are they right? No but it's called precaution and safety.

Why was this strange to her? This woman is obsessive and Jealous.

AI

Do you try to slip items from people you greet? That's "expected" behavior?

It's also ridiculous to try that, unless the ring is sized too large. If someone can easily remove the ring while shaking hands, it could fall off just from gravity.

• Members

Actually, I think it is wrong. The Drivin'N'Cryin show is not an appropriate example. Nobody was singled out.

If it had only been one person doing it I think they would've been singled out. And I still have no problem with it. What are you saying exactly, that people should just be allowed to run onstage and act like jerks and the artist should just roll over and take it because they should "expect" it? :confused:

• Members

But lets say Gavin Dagraw or Daniel Pouder was playing his piano, a fan jumped on stage and he leaves the Piano or Mic and start yelling or addressing the fan, it will be looked at as arrogance.

What's arrogant about it? And if someone grabbed your wife's boobs on stage would anybody think you were arrogant if you took exception to it? I don't think so. :confused:

• Members

What are you saying exactly, that people should just be allowed to run onstage and act like jerks and the artist should just roll over and take it because they should "expect" it?
:confused:

No, Lee. I'm saying that entertainers should not put themselves in harms way, and should let security do their job. But if they choose not to do those things, they should not be surprised when things like having a ring taken or someone grabbing them happen.

Did DrivinNCryin not have security that day?

• Members

What's his attire of choice--a white T-shirt and cowboy hat? Is that provocative? From what I can tell, he's far from some hillbilly version of Ricky Martin. Of course, as I said, I don't really follow his career, so I could be wrong.

Okay, you're wrong. ;)

I'm not debating the issue of his "deserving it'' but his image is most definitely that of sex symbol. Yes, they portray a very good marriage. But he wears tight jeans, wide open shirts, gold chains, buff. The way he stands and moves is that of stud duck. I'm not a big fan and don't like his image but I do like a few of his songs. Not many but a few. He doesn't write (much anyway) but he sometimes finds some really good songs. His latest one, a ballad, is excellent, especially now that his voice seems to have deepened. I think they now released live version of it.

BTW, I do think the whole thing is rather silly. I'm beginning to wonder if Faith Hill isn't a little bit squirrelly. Either that, or they have one helluva publicity machine dreaming up controversy. Every few months, she does something to get in the news. Her career was waning a bit over the past few years (much competition and an album that didn't do so well) but picked up again in the past year.

• Members

I'm saying that entertainers should not put themselves in harms way, and should let security do their job.

Performing on stage and interacting with the audience should not be considered "putting themselves in harms way". You can cite security guards, but in reality people who consider themselves fans should exhibit respectful behavior towards the people they profess to admire.

• Members

Performing on stage and interacting with the audience should not be considered "putting themselves in harms way".

You can interact with the audience without sticking your hand into the crowd. Very few people ever get close enough to the stage to touch the performer and yet still enjoy the show.

You can cite security guards, but in reality people who consider themselves fans should exhibit respectful behavior towards the people they profess to admire.

Most do, but some don't and you need to take them into account. That's why you have security.

• Members

Okay, you're wrong.
;)

I'm not debating the issue of his "deserving it'' but his image is most definitely that of sex symbol. Yes, they portray a very good marriage. But he wears tight jeans, wide open shirts, gold chains, buff. The way he stands and moves is that of stud duck.

I stand corrected, then. :)

• Members

I watched the video that Super8 posted very closely. Unless there were two separate incidents, in which LiveMusic suggested, Faith Hill was completely out of line. COMPLETELY!!!! If the girl shown in the video "IS" the one that Ms. Hill publicly humiliated, I believe that I would be contacting an attorney if I were the young lady. The videos are all over the web. A forensic expert would tear this video apart bit by bit.

At exactly 00:16 in the footage, you see Tim McGraw use a bit of force to jerk his hand away from a fan; unlike the free flowing touches elsewhere in the footage. The person in view is a tall slender man in a long sleeved white shirt with short red/pecan color hair. To his right you will see a hand extended in the air with a closed fist. At 00:18, the extended fisted hand moves away from the stage still up in the air and at 00:20 you see the separation from the man in the white shirt as the other obscure fan moves back into the crowd. From that point, Tim McGraw took at least 3 steps stage right before realizing that his ring was missing. There were at least 3 to 4 people in between where McGraw jerked his hand away and where he stopped to confront the girl who was SITTING DOWN... or at least it appeared she stood up when he beckoned her to approach the stage.

For crying out loud... he beckoned her to come to the stage, POINTED directly at her and extended his hand to her saying "Gimme my ring". She reached for his HAND and he pulled it away, while repeating "Gimme back my ring" As a personal observation, I would say that the crowd noise was probably too loud for the girl to hear what McGraw was saying to her and was reacting as though he were beckoning her to approach the stage. At that point she looked back at people surrounding her, while they appeared to encourage her to "go on" and then she reached again for his extended HAND. Very pronounced this time, he said "Gimme back my ring" to where she could hear him and she responded to him. You couldn't hear what she had to say, but when she shook her head in a negative manner, it would appear that she was trying to tell him that she didn't have his ring. Later on in the clip the camera shows a different angle of the incident and at exactly 1:43 McGraw goes storming off of the stage after speaking to the girl.

With Hill's scolding intermingled into the middle of this clip, it suggests that this IS the incident that triggered the outburst. And, if anyone were to ask me, I would say that Faith Hill appeared to stammer on her words as if she were two sheets to the wind... drunk. Don't know anything about her, but I'd almost be willing to bet that she had a few drinks prior to the incident.

The accused woman actually, at one point, becomes recognizable whenever she turns back in towards the camera... from what I have watched of the video; if indeed this is the correct footage to the incident.... I DON'T SEE ANYTHING OUT OF LINE by anyone other than the performers and the thief that got away. I did read another article that the ring was returned, but.... the public humiliation of the girl accused of groping McGraw is TOTALLY unwarranted.

BTW, I am NOT a forensic expert.... :D:D:D

• Members

Bottom line if I was a performer, I will not risk a great show by trying to scold or preach to anyone in the crowd. I will let security deal with it. You can quickly ruin a show or performance by doing that.

If Tim McGraw ring meant a lot to him and was a treasure he should have removed it before going to give the crowd his hand. I remember During Michael Jackson Bad Tour, a female fan came on stage. He held her and danced with her when he signaled for her to go back to the crowd, she refused and kept holding onto him. I don't know what he did but next thing security was there and took the girl away.

He didn't stand there and give the girl/crowd a lecture about how to behave at a concert.

From Faith's action, she appears to have some obsessive disorder.

AI

• Members

horse.gif

Oh please oh please, can we continue picking apart this one little incident, and pass more judgments on people we don't know about situations we were never in? Can we? Please?

OK.

On my end. It really doesn't concern me, nor does it concern my family and friends so I couldn't care less.

• Members

Ha-ha-ha... I just watched the video clip. I had imagined that Faith brought the whole show to a standstill, stopping the band, etc.--- it wasn't that way: the band just kep' on vamping the intro to the next song. Faith was actually using the that whole incident to her own advantage.... to paint herself as a kind of Tammy-Wynette-Stand-By-Her-Man girl, a country archetype she knew her audience would sympathize with.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I wouldn't care if my wife was a big singer sex symbol and sells her self as such. Maybe security should be a little tighter around the stage would be my only concern, but I wouldn't be surprised. And if I were the singer that got the crotch grab I'd be disappointed if they weren't reaching for my package.

But then again, I'm rock and roll. At Motley Crue concerts the band members are sexually assaulted if they get anywhere near the chicks. That's the way it is. That's the way it should be. That's rock and roll. Another example why the new pseudo country/pop is lame.

Archived