i ask for new guitar for Xmas, girlfriend flips out

Argali

• Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

No, the problem is that people with whom he is in relations with have problems with his behavior. If his girlfriend, friends, and family don't mind giving him cash, then that's fine. But they aren't comfortable with it. They don't want to. I don't care if they do or not. But him continuing to insist upon it and let problems with his relationship arise with it clearly shows that he has a significant problem on his hands. He is being childish and immature.

No again, YOU are being childish by insisting that he is supposed to see things the way you do and setting up yourself as a judge over this. You or I do NOT know what kind of relationship he actually has,or even what has taken place before all this happened, but you act like you do!

How do you determine what is right and wrong for him? It sounds like you are very condecending without knowing all the facts and just willing to blame HIM.

Even more, how are you determining that HE has a problem at all? All he suggested, was that if people were going to give him a gift, that they could give him money instead. So he could buy what he really wanted. How is that bad?

Now if SHE has that kind of a problem now over such a trivial thing, then don't you think that would cause greater problems later on? It seems as though she is the one that is being unreasonable! If she really felt that way, she COULD have just explained to it him without going off the deep end that she was uncomfortable with it! But you act like her acting the way she did is justified...SORRY but it is NOT!

Next time you want to judge someone, judge yourself.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by myname1

No again, YOU are being childish by insisting that he is supposed to see things the way you do and setting up yourself as a judge over this. You or I do NOT know what kind of relationship he actually has,or even what has taken place before all this happened, but you act like you do!

How do you determine what is right and wrong for him? It sounds like you are very condecending without knowing all the facts and just willing to blame HIM.

Even more, how are you determining that HE has a problem at all? All he suggested, was that if people were going to give him a gift, that they could give him money instead. So he could buy what he really wanted. How is that bad?

Now if SHE has that kind of a problem now over such a trivial thing, then don't you think that would cause greater problems later on? It seems as though she is the one that is being unreasonable! If she really felt that way, she COULD have just explained to it him without going off the deep end that she was uncomfortable with it! But you act like her acting the way she did is justified...SORRY but it is NOT!

Next time you want to judge someone, judge yourself.

Reading comprehension. It is a friend.

The simple fact is that he said that his girlfriend and relatives don't like giving cash as a gift. They want to give gifts. This isn't my judgement; it is theirs. End of story.

His problem is continuing to bicker and whine about it. The even bigger problem is that he's letting it interfere with a relationship, which is a sign of dysfunction. So he's putting the acquistion of a yet another unnecessary guitar before a relationship. Absolutely ridiculous.

I find it disturbing that some of you guys put guitars before girlfriends/wives. For the love of God, just break up with them then for the sake of THEM, not you. No one wants to be with a neurotic individual.

• Members

Originally posted by solitaire

Isn't it funny: girls love when we play the guitar for them, but they dislike the existance of the instruments. Can you ever be a romantic if the tool of romance (the guitar) stirs up such emotions in girls?

I think girls are fine with guitars. They just can see the disease (GAS) that the player can't. If you own several guitars and it is raising issues in the relationship, you're the dysfunctional one in the relationship.

• Members

I think girls are fine with guitars. They just can see the disease (GAS) that the player can't. If you own several guitars and it is raising issues in the relationship, you're the dysfunctional one in the relationship.

I wouldn't call GAS a disease, rather a symptom of urgent shoppoholism, which in it self could be called a disease. From what you're saying, couldn't the opposite be true sometimes; the girl is the shoppoholic and the guy is trying to save her from making a misstake she hadn't thought twice about?

• Members

Originally posted by solitaire

I wouldn't call GAS a disease, rather a symptom of urgent shoppoholism, which in it self could be called a disease. From what you're saying, couldn't the opposite be true sometimes; the girl is the shoppoholic and the guy is trying to save her from making a misstake she hadn't thought twice about?

I've never really met a super shopoholic girl; some girls do buy a lot of clothes, but not to the point where it is out of control and causing problems. It's just a stereotype that men use perpetuate against women.

• Members

Reading comprehension. It is a friend.

The simple fact is that he said that his girlfriend and relatives don't like giving cash as a gift. They want to give gifts. This isn't my judgement; it is theirs. End of story.

His problem is continuing to bicker and whine about it. The even bigger problem is that he's letting it interfere with a relationship, which is a sign of dysfunction. So he's putting the acquistion of a yet another unnecessary guitar before a relationship. Absolutely ridiculous.

I find it disturbing that some of you guys put guitars before girlfriends/wives. For the love of God, just break up with them then for the sake of THEM, not you. No one wants to be with a neurotic individual.

OK, if you ever learn to READ let me know! THIS is what the first poster posted.....

"This is so {censored}ing retarded. My family is bugging me about what to get me for Xmas. Honestly, at 28, I don't need much. So I decided, {censored} it, I'll just ask everyone to give me money, and I'll go out and get a new guitar, which is really what I want. So I tell my girlfriend this five minutes ago, and she flips out, saying I don't get the "real meaning of Xmas" (lol) and that asking everyone for money is impersonal and unfair. My response was, christ, I'm 28 years old, I don't need to open {censored} under the tree on Xmas morning anymore, why not just give me money and I'll get what I want? Doesn't that make it easier for everyone? But no, I'm completely wrong and bla bla bla, so I hung up on her for making me feel like an asshole."

Well if you ever DO learn to read, you might find he said:

"My family is bugging me about what to get me for Xmas. Honestly, at 28, I don't need much. So I decided, {censored} it, I'll just ask everyone to give me money, and I'll go out and get a new guitar, which is really what I want."

HIS FAMILY WAS BUGGING HIM ABOUT WHAT HE WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS! NOT ABOUT HIM GETTING MONEY FOR CHRISTMAS! That was his Girlfriend...

"So I tell my girlfriend this five minutes ago, and she flips out, saying I don't get the "real meaning of Xmas" (lol) and that asking everyone for money is impersonal and unfair."

Again, if you read, it was his GIRLFRIEND that was freaking out!

Get a clue! She was the one that started to get bitchy about what he suggested! If she did not want to do that, she COULD have stated it in a way that was not so offiensive, but like you, she has to act like an asshole! Mabye you two should get together!

• Members

What do think GIRLS do when they go to a mall? They usually buy something. And if they go there enough those purchases can really add up. So how is THAT different than this guy wanting to save his money and get a guitar? For crying out loud you are really losing it! You just want to put all the blame on him.

• Members

What do think GIRLS do when they go to a mall? They usually buy something. And if they go there enough those purchases can really add up. So how is THAT different than this guy wanting to save his money and get a guitar? For crying out loud you are really losing it! You just want to put all the blame on him.

Again, that is just a stereotype. When I go to the mall, I see just as many guys there as I do girls, and their carrying just as many bags (even in the absence of a girl).

Also, a new shirt or pair of pants is hardly equals an amp or guitar, and clothes are also a hell of a lot more practical than guitar crap.

• Members

I've never really met a super shopoholic girl; some girls do buy a lot of clothes, but not to the point where it is out of control and causing problems. It's just a stereotype that men use perpetuate against women.

And it also sounds like you don't know what the HELL you are talking about! Ever hear of horror stories of women with credit cards? Some guys I know won't trust their wife to go shopping with a credit card, they make them carry cash only. Why? Well if you can't figure that out, then you have more problems than the people you are posting about.

• Members

Again, that is just a stereotype. When I go to the mall, I see just as many guys there as I do girls, and their carrying just as many bags (even in the absence of a girl).

Also, a new shirt or pair of pants is hardly equals an amp or guitar, and clothes are also a hell of a lot more practical than guitar crap.

Listen, you are a troll pure and simple. You want to have an opinion, but don't want to hear anyone elses...too {censored}ing bad!

Now for your information, women can purchase new DRYERS and WASHERS and a hell of a lot more things than shoes and clothes and the thing about it is, they ALREADY HAVE A WASHER AND DRYER!

Lets not even get started on living room, bedroom or any other sets they could buy with furniture store credit cards! How the hell is that logical if they already have those also?? And those CAN run a lot more than a guitar purchase! You just want to believe one side of the story!

• Members

OK, if you ever learn to READ let me know! THIS is what the first poster posted.....

"This is so {censored}ing retarded. My family is bugging me about what to get me for Xmas. Honestly, at 28, I don't need much. So I decided, {censored} it, I'll just ask everyone to give me money, and I'll go out and get a new guitar, which is really what I want. So I tell my girlfriend this five minutes ago, and she flips out, saying I don't get the "real meaning of Xmas" (lol) and that asking everyone for money is impersonal and unfair. My response was, christ, I'm 28 years old, I don't need to open {censored} under the tree on Xmas morning anymore, why not just give me money and I'll get what I want? Doesn't that make it easier for everyone? But no, I'm completely wrong and bla bla bla, so I hung up on her for making me feel like an asshole."

Well if you ever DO learn to read, you might find he said:

"My family is bugging me about what to get me for Xmas. Honestly, at 28, I don't need much. So I decided, {censored} it, I'll just ask everyone to give me money, and I'll go out and get a new guitar, which is really what I want."

HIS FAMILY WAS BUGGING HIM ABOUT WHAT HE WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS! NOT ABOUT HIM GETTING MONEY FOR CHRISTMAS! That was his Girlfriend...

"So I tell my girlfriend this five minutes ago, and she flips out, saying I don't get the "real meaning of Xmas" (lol) and that asking everyone for money is impersonal and unfair."

Again, if you read, it was his GIRLFRIEND that was freaking out!

Get a clue! She was the one that started to get bitchy about what he suggested! If she did not want to do that, she COULD have stated it in a way that was not so offiensive, but like you, she has to act like an asshole! Mabye you two should get together!

Yes, his relatives were asking WHAT he wanted, not how much money he wanted. I don't see the problem with his girlfriend expressing her opinion on Christmas gifts; I don't see how it was offensive. If she doesn't want to give him cash, then to bicker about it is childish. I don't think that her not liking the idea of cash as a gift should stop him from suggesting it to his relatives. But f his relatives don't want to give him cash, he is childish and selfish for bickering. I also think that it is unfair to expect them to give him cash.

• Members

Listen, you are a troll pure and simple. You want to have an opinion, but don't want to hear anyone elses...too {censored}ing bad!

Now for your information, women can purchase new DRYERS and WASHERS and a hell of a lot more things than shpes and clothes and the thing about it is, they ALREADY HAVE A WASHER AND DRYER! Lets not even get started on living room bedroom or any other sets they could buy with furniture store creditcards! How the hell is that logical?? You just want to believe one side of the story no matter how stupid you sound!

I'm sure that there are some women that do. But there are also an equal number of men that do. To use the stereotype of the shopaholic woman to justify your gear purches is just a huge signal that you (and I don't mean you specifically) have a serious problem.

• Members

And it also sounds like you don't know what the HELL you are talking about! Ever hear of horror stories of women with credit cards? Some guys I know won't trust their wife to go shopping with a credit card, they make them carry cash only. Why? Well if you can't figure that out, then you have more problems than the people you are posting about.

I'm sure that there are some women that are shopoholics. But I'm sure that there is an equal number of men with the same problem.

It's a stereotype. Would you like me to get the definition for you?

You really come off as a chauvinist, dude.

• Members

Yes, his relatives were asking WHAT he wanted, not how much money he wanted. I don't see the problem with his girlfriend expressing her opinion on Christmas gifts; I don't see how it was offensive. If she doesn't want to give him cash, then to bicker about it is childish. I don't think that her not liking the idea of cash as a gift should stop him from suggesting it to his relatives. But f his relatives don't want to give him cash, he is childish and selfish for bickering. I also think that it is unfair to expect them to give him cash.

I am glad you FINALLY admitted that his realitives were NOT the problem! And they did not ask him anything about money or not! You are reading something THAT IS NOT THERE! So how do YOU draw the conclusion from THAT statement that they DID??

And just because you did not see the way his girlfriend acted that was offensive, does not mean that it was not! Getting mad over a suggestion is stupid plain and simple! If you cannot understand that I feel sorry for you.

Making a suggestion is not wrong, immoral or offensive! Which was all he did. Quite frankly you are grasping at straws...all the guy did was SUGGEST what he wanted for christmas and his girlfriend went ballistic! THAT behavior in iteslf was wrong. PERIOD!

• Members

I'm sure that there are some women that do. But there are also an equal number of men that do. To use the stereotype of the shopaholic woman to justify your gear purches is just a huge signal that you (and I don't mean you specifically) have a serious problem.

Hold it. Who is saying that he is JUSTIFYING ANYTHING?? All the guy did was make a suggestion and YOU go and turn it into a crusade. What he did WAS NOT WRONG!

• Members

I am instituting two new rules:

1.) I don't talk women with someone who implicitly claims that they "understand" them.

2.) I don't talk guitars with someone who asserts that it's a "silly little hobby".

That person can go {censored} themselves. :)

Merry Christmas.

//S

• Members

Originally posted by Argali

Because I don't have the money to do that. I'm actually saving to buy a house and preparing for a cross-country move. If all my relatives gave me just a little bit of money, I'd be able to pull together about $500, which is plenty to buy a good used guitar. But I don't have $500 of my own cash to spend on a guitar right now.

From what i am reading... i just hope YOU'RE buying the house , not buying it with your gf ;)

It will shurely pay up in the future... :thu:

• Members

I am glad you FINALLY admitted that his realitives were NOT the problem! And they did not ask him anything about money or not! You are reading something THAT IS NOT THERE! So how do YOU draw the conclusion from THAT statement that they DID??

And just because you did not see the way his girlfriend acted that was offensive, does not mean that it was not! Getting mad over a suggestion is stupid plain and simple! If you cannot understand that I feel sorry for you.

Making a suggestion is not wrong, immoral or offensive! Which was all he did. Quite frankly you are grasping at straws...all the guy did was SUGGEST what he wanted for christmas and his girlfriend went ballistic! THAT behavior in iteslf was wrong. PERIOD!

For some reason I doubt that his girlfriend went "ballistic". All he said was that she was upset. That is understandable.

• Members

No offense dude, but if excessive GAS and excessive guitar playing that interferes with relationships and overtakes your life to a point that you consider it a personality trait or part of you self concept, you've got a HUGE problem. Seek help. Please.

A woman disagreeing about purchasing a 5th guitar is not grounds for breaking up a relationship. If anything, she has more reason to be pissed off than the disturbed guitar player.

Some of you people take this little guitar hobby WAY too seriously.

The door is always open, she can leave anytime she's pissed about something :D

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

I am instituting two new rules:

1.) I don't talk women with someone who implicitly claims that they "understand" them.

2.) I don't talk guitars with someone who asserts that it's a "silly little hobby".

That person can go {censored} themselves.
:)

Merry Christmas.

//S

What's not to understand about women?

Any bedroom banger or weekend gigger that takes guitar as more than a hobby (and lets it interfere with relationships) has a problem.

• Members

Originally posted by Chaos

Ever taught about your relationship with your guitar?

And the way a gf is interfering with it ?
:D

I'm sorry that doesn't make sense. Do you mean "thought" instead of "taught"?

Anyway, anyone who has a stronger relationship with a guitar than a person (especially a girlfriend or wife) has a problem and needs to seek help. End of story. Anyone who feels that a woman is interfering with your relationship with a guitar has a problem and needs to seek help. End of story.

Some people take this crap too seriously.

Archived