i ask for new guitar for Xmas, girlfriend flips out

Argali

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

Nope. Owning several guitars is only a "disease" when it causes dysfunction at some level (financially, relationship, etc).

I wasn't necessearily referring specifically to the original poster. However, I do recall him saying something about his girlfriend not understanding why he needed more guitars. That sounds like a problem.

Or maybe because she probably couldn't tell you what a humbucker was with a gun to her head, she's not in the best position to evaluate whether or not he "needs" more guitars (for whatever purposes).

//S

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

You ask how is your "disease" dysfunctional.

The answer is that I can't say, because I don't have enough information. Moreoever, I don't really think you have a disease. I do think you have a problem understanding/interpreting sarcasm and jest.

In addition, I would never make a blanket statement (in seriousness) that anyone with over 5000 posts on a message board has a disease.

Yet you seem perfectly happy making generalizations like that, then providing no justification or backup for them, with no care for or understanding of every person's unique situation.

Now, I could say all of that, which sounds nice and rational, or I can assert that you have your head lodged betwixt the cheeks of your ass and still get the same effect.

I am a terse man.

//S

What generalizations am I making?

• Members

Nope. Owning several guitars is only a "disease" when it causes dysfunction at some level (financially, relationship, etc).

I wasn't necessearily referring specifically to the original poster. However, I do recall him saying something about his girlfriend not understanding why he needed more guitars. That sounds like a problem.

Probably in the same way that he can't understand why she needs a new pair of Gucci stilettos.

Perhaps if he explained his situation to her, she might come to an understanding with him.

• Members

look in the SPAM thread, AHM is looking for more gear.

You are indeed a hypocrite AHM.

Dysfunctional could also be used for someone who spends too much time arguing in internet forums :D

how happy is your wife, AHM? maybe you should shut off the puter now and go spend some time picking out some OUTFITS with her.

• Members

Originally posted by myname1

YOU are the one who is BITCHING.... FOOL! You make all of these DUMBASS COMMENTS about things you know nothing of!

And I have contributed more to this thread than you have, because I have at least accepted others opinions and not gone off on a tangent about people only needing ONE guitar!

It is YOU that should go back and READ what you posted! Mabye then the word TROLL will sink in!

How have I been trolling?

Why would anyone NEED more than one guitar? What is your logical explanation?

• Members

What generalizations am I making?

The only way I'm running back through this thread to find all of your generalizations is if I get some sort of promise that when I do, you will acknowledge and apologize for each and every one of them.

//S

• Members

Yeah why would you want a guitar anyway?

You make it sound so useless to own a few.

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

Or maybe because she probably couldn't tell you what a humbucker was with a gun to her head, she's not in the best position to evaluate whether or not he "needs" more guitars (for whatever purposes).

//S

What does her understanding of guitars have anything to do with the necessity for multiple guitars?

• Members
Originally posted by otaku1625

Mr. Guitar Jam is playing the instrument.

Go read the thread.

Also, they're making a living off the guitar, regardless. The distiction is incidental.

His arbitrary, after-the-fact distinctions are all he has. Can you give him that?? ;)

//S

• Members

How so?

You honestly think I have time to go over the last twelve pages and find every incidence? Here's one, anyway:

First of all, how is a second (or third, etc) guitar practical. You only need one.

Yet you own more than one (even after the actions you are planning on taking), and you're telling us that you really don't need more than one, and that it's a disease...:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by otaku1625

Probably in the same way that he can't understand why she needs a new pair of Gucci stilettos.

Perhaps if he explained his situation to her, she might come to an understanding with him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he never said anything about her needing to buy anything. As far as we know, she's never bought anything in her life.

What is his situation? I don't think that there is ANYONE that would understand his NEED for a new guitar. But who knows. Instead of him bickering to and about her, perhaps he SHOULD talk to her and work out some compromise. But instead he whines.

• Members

WHY are YOU looking for MORE GEAR? What is YOUR logical explination when you don't "need" it? You first.

• Members

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he never said anything about her needing to buy anything. As far as we know, she's never bought anything in her life.

What is his situation? I don't think that there is ANYONE that would understand his NEED for a new guitar. But who knows. Instead of him bickering to and about her, perhaps he SHOULD talk to her and work out some compromise. But instead he whines.

You've done very good twisting this argument around to talk about need.

But it was never about need. It was about a Christmas gift. It was about a want.

I will repeat that in large, bold text so that you can make sure you've read it.

But it was never about need. It was about a Christmas gift. It was about a want.

Need came in when you started making your generalizations. You introduced the concept of "need" and then used it to make sure your argument worked.

//S

• Members
Originally posted by GuitarNoobie

look in the SPAM thread, AHM is looking for more gear.

You are indeed a hypocrite AHM.

Dysfunctional could also be used for someone who spends too much time arguing in internet forums
:D

how happy is your wife, AHM? maybe you should shut off the puter now and go spend some time picking out some OUTFITS with her.

The guitar that I'm looking for is for my sister. Get a clue before you start spewing accusations.

My girlfriend is sleeping now, but I do help her pick out what to wear occasionally. I don't like helping her pick out outfits to buy though as it's a long, laborious procedure in which she usually puts everything back because she is very "careful" with her money. Although others (*cough* Shocker *cough* myname *cough*) would like you to believe that women are shopaholics that spend uncontrollably. Talk about generalizations...:rolleyes:

• Members

I understand the guy... why couldn't he have another guitar? :rolleyes:

Come on, is there any law against having a few of those?

:wave:

Archived