who do you buy most from?

chrisebrooks06

• Members

do you use mostly the :

internet or your local shop

im just asking cos the majority of my guitars i have bought more have come from the internet than have from local shops these days, the problem in my case is that the manager at my local shop is a prat, and i used them for guitar purchases but they wouldnt stock what i needed and i bought an effects pedal from them which died a day after i bought it and they went out of their way not to help me so i gave up with them

sad but true, im not using the little shops as much as i should

• Members

always from my local guitar center, sam ash, or a private seller from craigslist. once i bought an affinity strat from musiciansfriend.com, and the frets had dents and the finish was bad and ended up sending it back.

certain new items i wouldnt mind buying online, like effect pedals, or amps. but i would never buy a guitar without playing and seeing it in person first. unless the price was amazing and i could resell it for a profit.

• Members

http://www.chrisguitars.com/

I've lost track of what I've bought and traded over the years from Chris. Always the first place I look. You won't go wrong. Then from private people on the internet. Then GC or Music Go Round I haven't bought any guitars online from MF, Sam Ash etc in years but will buy amps , pedals and such - they are harder to {censored} up-I buy local if they have what I want, but the reality is I usually want certain things, and I will buy from the one that has them.

• Members

All me equipment has been bought of Ebay...here's a list...

MIJ Tokai ES 120
Edwards Les Paul
Greco Les Paul
St. Blues Tele
2 parts-o-casters
Takamine F-360S

Marshall reissue Bluesbreaker

Vox was
Fulltone FDII
Visual Sound H2O
Visual Sound Route 66
Little Lanilei Spring Reverb pedal
Dan Echo
Voodoo Lab Tremolo
Boss TU2 tuner

everything running together with George L's cables.

Guest Anonymous

A local shop - a friend is the manager and he always has great prices on new stuff, he'll also use egay as a guide for trade in values on used gear, and I always get a 12% good customer slice off everything, even if I buy multiple items in one visit. I've had no need to visit satan center in years! m/

• Members

Very little of what I want/need is available locally. I buy the vast majority of my stuff on Ebay. After that and somewhat in this order- MF, AMS, Sweetwater, Parts Express, PSSL, Sam Ash, ZZounds, Music 123, GC, various MGRs, etc. I also buy some PA/lighting gear from Metro Sound in St Paul

• Members

I 90% of the time buy from my local shop. They give me insane prices on everything. I walked in there yesterday and looked at some different stuff. The Randall MTS head I have been eyeing is way cheaper then MF and the Peavey stuff is all about $100 cheaper. The Parker P-30 that they have is like $300 cheaper then online and their Ibanez's are about $200-$400 cheaper.

• Members

do you use mostly the :

internet or your local shop

im just asking cos the majority of my guitars i have bought more have come from the internet than have from local shops these days, the problem in my case is that the manager at my local shop is a prat, and i used them for guitar purchases but they wouldnt stock what i needed and i bought an effects pedal from them which died a day after i bought it and they went out of their way not to help me so i gave up with them

sad but true, im not using the little shops as much as i should

thats a long {censored}ing sentence

• Members

Bought all of my SD pickups off of eBay and a couple of pedals that are long gone.

As much as I don't like buying from big box guitars stores I have bought 2 guitars from L&M, 1 new 1 used. Everything else was through friends or my local shop.

I love getting used gear for some reason.

• Members

Local shops, if they have what I'm looking for in stock, available for me to try and at a price that is equal or not too much above the prices the German megastores like Thomann have.

If not, then I'm ordering from the 'net. I actually just did, put an order to Thomann for the Line6 M13, a bunch of strings, some Neutrik plugs and Cordial speaker cable.

For used stuff it's all bought thru the 'net.

• Members
Bought all of my SD pickups off of eBay and a couple of pedals that are long gone.

As much as I don't like buying from big box guitars stores I have bought 2 guitars from L&M, 1 new 1 used. Everything else was through friends or my local shop.

I love getting used gear for some reason.

I don't care for L&M much. If I'm in the GTA, I go to Steves.

• Members

I don't care for L&M much. If I'm in the GTA, I go to Steves.

Ditto, I love Steves. Played many many guitars I have never played before there. Tons of help with a bunch of tech questions I had too. Going to Ottawa sometime this summer to visit my cousins, I will have to check out the shop up there.

I really miss SongBird Music:cry:

• Members
Ditto, I love Steves. Played many many guitars I have never played before there. Tons of help with a bunch of tech questions I had too. Going to Ottawa sometime this summer to visit my cousins, I will have to check out the shop up there.

I really miss SongBird Music:cry:

ohh yeah. My good buddy Jim shopped there lots.

• Members

Out of 10 guitars, I bought 7 from local brick-and-mortar stores, 2 from individuals and only one over the internet (Xaviere XV-600, not available any other way). Amps: 3 from stores, one off ebay (used Pro Jr.). Most of what I buy over the 'net are parts, accessories, pedals and live sound gear, and I use lots of different sources such as:

MF
AMS
zZounds
Sweetwater
8th Street
Music123
and lots of smaller ebay sellers.

About the only time I darken a GC door is if I need something I can't wait for. Why drive to a GC for something I can have delivered to my door?

D

• Members

Mostly internet the last few years. I tend to be a real cheapass and I have never been able to find a deal locally that I couldn't just beat to death online with some looking and some luck. The only guitar I've bought locally was an LPVM because it just flat out played and sounded better than any guitar out of three local shops; you kind of have to buy those when you find them. ;)

With coupon codes and discounts and {censored} coming in emails all the time I get much more use from them than the weekly 'sale to end all sales that is the last sale ever until next week's sale' that GC has where nothing worth buying is marked down.

Plus if I want to go shopping I can just open up a new browser tab. No one is playing a Marshall with some dropped tuning while I am trying to work my way over to the used stuff.

• Members

Where you can find older, interesting stuff for cheap, on eBay. New guitars I usually get from online shops. I've been to a big music store once in Germany, the local ones don't carry anything interesting (for me).

Archived