So..... yeah....... I bought another Les Paul...

dcooper830

• Members

A Standard Faded and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a clip:

[YOUTUBE]pX_xtsQIwJQ[/YOUTUBE]

I've played several Standard Fadeds before and loved the feel of 'em. The worn in, organic feel. Chunky yet fast neck. The growly, resonant, yet biting tone.

And this one I just got is no exception. It's absolutely amazing.

DSC03685.jpg

DSC03686.jpg

DSC03693.jpg

DSC03694.jpg

• Members

OMG dc, the Gibson LP bug has bit your ass severely. :lol:

Well, until you catch up to me and have 7 Gibbies & 1 Epi LP, then at least you can say you're more sane than "that guy".

But with your total collection of Epi's plus now Gibbies, what's your LP count?

But anywho, congrats! Njoy!

• Members

Crazy!

So when are you going to sell all your Epi's to fund more Gibson's
:p

Well...... I was easily able to fund the first two Gibsons I got through the sale of some Epiphones and some other gear.

But now I'm down to some stuff thats gonna be a little harder to part with....... but I'll do it if I have to. :)

I'll never part with my Epi Alpine White LP Custom. Or my Epi Black DOT.

I'm debating wether or not to sell my Zakk Wylde LP.

Decisions.......... decisions..........

• Members

Well...... I was easily able to fund the first two Gibsons I got through the sale of some Epiphones and some other gear.

But now I'm down to some stuff thats gonna be a little harder to part with....... but I'll do it if I have to.
:)

I'll never part with my Epi Alpine White LP Custom. Or my Epi Black DOT.

I'm debating wether or not to sell my Zakk Wylde LP.

Decisions.......... decisions..........

Well, congratulations :thu:

That studio of yours is still my fave of your 3.

• Members

I haven't been on this forum as much, but I expected to see a plain top Epi, and I find a Gibson instead. Wow! Are the Gibsons overall worth the upgrade? I am planning on a Gibson Standard sometime in 2009 - I think though they are pricey, overall it's worth it. They do hold their value.

My local vintage shop has some customized Gibson Faded 50s/60s models that have been reworked with the Peter Green mod. I can't copy the exact page, but it's here: http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/ click on Gibson, then scroll down to the CV Guitars with the PG Mods. About $2k with a bunch of upgrades. Sweet guitars, I've play a few.

Nice LP though man, congrats!!

• Members

Well, congratulations
:thu:
That studio of yours is still my fave of your 3.

Funny thing about that LP Studio I got..... when I first got it, I thought it was nice but it didn't really blow me away or anything.

Then I took it out on gigs and that's when the true amazing tone and personality of it came out. It really, really comes to life at band volume. It has this huge, thick, cutting tone with a really unique spank to it.

Now I'm truly blown away by it.

When I first got it, the frets were in terrible shape and a couple of the tuners were practically falling apart.

So I sanded and polished the frets and put a new set of TonePros Kluson style tuners on there.

And it's like a new guitar! :thu:

• Members

HNGD

( o Y o )

I really liked the Standard Fadeds I've played. Makes me want to play Need Your Love So Bad...

Yeah the Standard Fadeds are really cool! I really like the organic feel and chunky "50s" neck. Also the uncovered Burstbucker PROs make for a nice amount of crystal high end clarity. Yet the guitar has extended lows and mids too. They have a really, really vibrant tone. :thu:

Archived