My Gibby finally arrived...

mcinku

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can certalnly understand what people are talking about..., when the say Gibson is lacking in build quality department. Hell, my MIC Ibanez is way better than this CS Gibson. But man, when you plug this thing and start playing, you just don't care anymore.

:D :D

• Members
I can certalnly understand what people are talking about..., when the say Gibson is lacking in build quality department. Hell, my MIC Ibanez is way better than this CS Gibson. But man, when you plug this thing and start playing, you just don't care anymore.

:D

Lovely looking guitar, but flaws are you noticing?

• Members

Seriously???

Mine was flawless. What kinda issues?

• Members

Lovely looking guitar, but flaws are you noticing?

for example

file marks all over the binding and even on the fretborad

or

in order to mount the nut correctly they put a piece of wood or something (which is not even mahogany) under the nut and they didn't even bother to cover this somehow :facepalm:, I also think, that the neck pickup ring is mounted wrongly.

There was also this terrible rattle in the bridge, caused by this wire which is securing the screws.

I managed to solve this but still this is Gibson Custom Shop, right?... it should be better I think.

...and also setup was really bad.

;)

• Members
for example

or

in order to mount the nut correctly they put a piece of wood (which is not even mahogany) under the nut and they didn't even bother to cover this somehow
:facepalm:
, I also think, that the neck pickup ring is mounted wrongly.

There was also this terrible rattle in the bridge, caused by this wire which is securing the screws.

I managed to solve this but still this is Gibson Custom Shop, right?... it should be better I think.

;)

What are you whining about? It's a GIBSON, maaaaaaaaaan!

And it's made in the USA!

Seriously ... congratulations. Enjoy.

For many a summer.

• Members
for example

or

in order to mount the nut correctly they put a piece of wood or something (which is not even mahogany) under the nut and they didn't even bother to cover this somehow

;)

Like you said though, once it's plugged in, none of that matters. Enjoy.

• Members
What are you whining about? It's a GIBSON, maaaaaaaaaan!

And it's made in the USA!

Seriously ... congratulations. Enjoy.

For many a summer.

:D:D
I still love it, all I have to do is close my eyes and use my ears.
That is what I normally do anyhow.

• Members
for example

or

in order to mount the nut correctly they put a piece of wood or something (which is not even mahogany) under the nut and they didn't even bother to cover this somehow

;)

I've seen guys on here send back Epiphones for a lot less than that. And then proclaim all Epis worthless junk.

But congrats on that guitar. I'm glad you like it! It's BEAUTIFUL! :)

Archived