removing Les Paul rhythm/Treble ring

fistacuffs

• Members

pick guards off...ring on...

LP's look too naked with out them. For me the selector switch being up there is a HUGE part of the image of a Les Paul. I remember when I was a kid thinking how cool it was that there was some kid of switch up there..not really knowing what it did. Your eye is drawn too it because of the ring. With out it you don't notice the selector switch very well (especially if the little plastic nob end is off too) and it just looks way too plain.

• Members

Didn't someone around here or another forum make rings with custom wording?

Let me know if you find out who. I'm interested!

As for the vibrato on the VM, I didn't really like it at first because it kept dropping out of tune. It took both a rolling bridge and a graphite nut to make it happy, but now it's pretty much rock solid and I love it. It's functionally identical to a Bigsby but much cleaner and more modern looking, no drilling or screwing, and it's just fun to have on a Les Paul. I'd recommend it, but only with a new nut and bridge to match.

• Members

I wouldn't expect it from Epiphone either
:confused:

I would like to think, if I spend that much money on an item, no parts are held on by double sided tape
:o

I think it just highlights poor quality. Electronics manufacturer I worked for doing repairs wouldn't even let an item pass QC even if one screw holding down the base plant wasn't screwed all the way in. Nevermind accept double sided tape as a method of holding parts on.

Fair enough on a really cheap guitar but Epiphones aren't the cheapest of cheap
:facepalm:

I suggest you never take off the bumpers or "Ground Effects" of your cars then. Double sided tape is used in many more places then you expect.

• Members

As for the vibrato on the VM, I didn't really like it at first because it kept dropping out of tune. It took both a rolling bridge and a graphite nut to make it happy, but now it's pretty much rock solid and I love it. It's functionally identical to a Bigsby but much cleaner and more modern looking, no drilling or screwing, and it's just fun to have on a Les Paul. I'd recommend it, but only with a new nut and bridge to match.

That guitar does indeed look great. I would suggest a graphite nut and saddles or roller bridge on any guitar with a trem.

• Members

May have been on telemodders.com.

Archived